UFL PLayer Says His Team Could Beat the Bucs

/dev/null

That's absurd. I watched that first game and the UFL is horrible -- they would get crushed by an NFL team.

They said that about the NY Jets back in the day. I've seen 1.5 Tuskers games. They're good. I think they would beat a few NFL teams, Buffalo included. They're tough on both lines and they have some playmakers.

FWIW, NFl Champion teams have lost to college all-star teams as recently as 1963.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_All-Star_Game

Clearly, the Tuskers probably have more developed talent than a bunch of rookies would, and clearly, hapless teams like the Bills, Raiders, Buccaneers and Rams, are nowhere near as developed of talent as a SB team.

So, I believe that it is entirely possible that a team of NFL castoffs would be able to beat a team full of players that are close to being NFL castoffs. That said, as time goes by it is probably more like in the future IMO.

They said that about the NY Jets back in the day. I've seen 1.5 Tuskers games. They're good. I think they would beat a few NFL teams, Buffalo included. They're tough on both lines and they have some playmakers.

I've seen 3 Tuskers games on TV & on the internet & they're just a bunch of NFL castoffs who would be something like 1-15 in a 16 game NFL season. Brooks Bollinger is the best QB in the UFL-that has to tell you something about the league. Think about this, if the Bills had signed Bollinger before the season & named him the starter, this board would have exploded.

The AFL had NFL talent because they were in direct competition for players for years & by the time the Jets won the Super Bowl there was a common draft. The UFL is not in competition with the NFL-they take their rejects. Now the Tuskers have Odell Thurman who is an NFL talent who got bounced out for off the field stuff, but he's about their only player who could start in the NFL. To think they could beat the Bills, who have 3 wins this year in 7 games, is ridiculous.

They would get smoked. How many guys from this minor become quality NFL players? Maybe 10%. They would get destroyed. And the last thing you should do if you're playing minor league football is run your mouth. It's like the guys who play And One basketball that think they wouls be stars in the NBA if not for "politics."

And shouldn't Tatum be trying to steal someone's luggage instead of talking to the media.

:worthy: