buff news article... QB controversy

zer0vette

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/840471.html

Was reading this article... these last two paragraphs made me roll my eyes...

" Of course, if Edwards isn't the answer, the long-term QB isn't on the roster. That's the difference between '07 and '09: Two years ago, the Bills thought they had their guy in Edwards. Ralph Wilson loved him. So did Jauron. Edwards is only 25, but if Fitzpatrick can inspire more hope, it is a troubling sign.

Fitzpatrick is a nice fill-in, but nothing more. The big question isn't who starts Sunday, or after the bye, but who will be the starting quarterback next season and the season after that. Now where have I heard all this before? "

I'm not saying Fitz is the future, and will take the team to the superbowl, but i think everyone who keeps pounding their powerless fists saying "Neither of there QBs are starters and we need to do something NOW" need to relax and get back to watching games, and not being armchair coaches/managers/owners. Lets just see how this plays out. No one thought Romo was the guy back when Bledsoe was sucking... Same goes for who knows how many other backups in NFL history... Tom Brady anyone?

I know there are always going to be debates, but come on all you know-it-alls... Accept that you can't do anything about the situation and cheer for the QB who has won some games, until he stops winning games. Then if we fail this year, as we probably will, we can all hope/pray/riot for a new franchise quarterback.

The ONLY controversy is if our Sports writers should write imiganry stories.

Fitz in NOT better than Edwards.

If you want to jump the gun and screw things up your are operating in a panic and that's no good

Dude, here's the thing-

Fitz in NOT better than the memory you have of Edwards in your head

Edwards has been crap since AZ last year

he had a nice run in the 5 games before that but he has been doo doo since.

Fitz 2009 is better than Edwards 2009

Fitz is completing less than 50% of his passes. How long do you think that works in the NFL????

I have stopped defending Edwards but can't come to the point to say he is not the answer. I would like to see what he can do with a decent o-line.

I would draft a QB next year without question but not before round 3. There are too many holes on the o-line and LB to pass on these postions in the first two rounds.

One caveat - if you could get Kolb (and his playbook from Philadelphia) for a second rounder maybe you make that deal...

I think the irony of that article is lost on Sully. He laments history repeating itself at One Bills Drive while he himself is recycling the stale QB controversy angle he pulls out every time there is a QB injury on the Bills. Same as it ever was....

PTR