I would like folks opinion on how we fix LT and QB

First, fire the entire coaching staff.

Second, bring in someone like Schottenheimer or Cowher (an experienced head coach with a winning record).

Third, trade with Baltimore for Troy Smith. Even though Smith isn't a huge guy, he's mobile and accurate.

Fourth, draft another T in the first round.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh..the draft...

First pick is going to probably be fairly high and defensive tackles dominate, and I don't see any tackles in the top ten so if we are in the top ten I would go for

ndamukong suh dt nebraska We don't have a lot of depth, Stroud is no spring chicken and he's definitely a legitimate top 5 pick. The alabama guy, Mount Cody is getting lots of notice so this guy may be seen as the #2 buy by the time they pick.

If our season turns around and we are picking after 18 or so, I think we try to address the tackle issue with:

Bryan Bulaga*/T/Iowa: The Hawkeyes left tackle has the size and footwork necessary to be a first-round pick and blindside protector in the NFL

SEcond with case Keenum qb out of Houston or Gabe Carimi, left tackle from Wisconsin

If we have Gaither at left tackle and Bulaga at right I think we will have addressed the starting line issue.

Keenum is a stud and may not last to the second round...if not Jimmy Clausen might be available at that spot.

How to fix the LT and QB..easy..Draft some quality players at the positions or sign quality FA's. Before that we have to take some strides in improving the way we evaluate talent.

I don't think we are far off as some may think but we can improve in many areas.

- QB could be in the first round depending on if we make any free agent moves. Keep in mind Matt Shaub and Drew

Brees were FA acquisitions. Maybe we can get lucky here andfocus on a Kyle Orton or Kevin Kolb.

- Draft a Tackle and Guard with some size and mobilty, move Woods to Center his natural position.

- Draft a DT to play beside Stroud if ther is a quality FA out there get him. Kyle Williams is not the answer.

- LB's we need to upgrade the Poz and Ellison spots to faster and more physical hitters. Look at Willis, Beason and Harris

out of the same draft that Poz was drafted. Our LB's can't compare. We have to decide do we want potential pro bowlers

that play with a high level of intensity or fan favorites that give up 200 yards a game on the ground. Maybin could be

part of the solution here...if so add a DE to the mix.

- Our secondary has good potential and depth...no need for changes here we just need to find the right combination of

personnel from the people we presently have. Lets not assume that Witner is the automatic starter in this equation.

Our draft could look some thing like this,

1 QB / OL

2 OL / DT

3 DT /LB

4 LB /DE

5 OL / DL Best Available

6 OL / DL Best Available

If we could get more picks they will probably fall in the middle rounds.