Your tax dollars at work

Yeah I guess NYC/NYS residents (and probably NJ as well) can't be too happy.

This has dragged on forever...I understand what it means to NY and they want to "get it right" but geez...if you can't come to an agreement, make a parking lot until you can figure out what you want to do with it.

Fortunately, most of the people in NYC make a crapload of money, and a few more bucks in taxes is just a drop in the bucket for most of them. And besides, it's not like they pay a lot of state or sales taxes in the first place, so if anyone starts bitching about this, it'll make no sense to me. Some of the richest people live there. Surely they can part with just a schmidge more to do the right thing.

Fortunately, most of the people in NYC make a crapload of money, and a few more bucks in taxes is just a drop in the bucket for most of them. And besides, it's not like they pay a lot of state or sales taxes in the first place, so if anyone starts bitching about this, it'll make no sense to me. Some of the richest people live there. Surely they can part with just a schmidge more to do the right thing.

Right on comrade.....errrr brother.

It's the patriotic thing to do

Yesiree, 8 years of government clusterfug and counting here in Lower Manhattan. I said from day one they should just fill in the hole with dirt, plant a bunch of trees and make a nice park out of the site. Instead, it'll be at least another 8 years before there is a paying tenant occupying a building at WTC.

Yesiree, 8 years of government clusterfug and counting here in Lower Manhattan. I said from day one they should just fill in the hole with dirt, plant a bunch of trees and make a nice park out of the site. Instead, it'll be at least another 8 years before there is a paying tenant occupying a building at WTC.

180 million dollars later.

But take heart. Turning it into a park is Plan E.

Instead, it'll be at least another 8 years before there is a paying tenant occupying a building at WTC.

You sure about that?

What's that sparkling glass tower on the left side of the picture?

On a sidenote, I'm waiting to see how conspiracy theorists spin the Silverstein insurance scam story as the project is over budget, he lost control of two towers and he gets booted from the site.

exactly

You know what I meant. :censored:

Non-gubmint run projects excluded.

It's been quite an adventure so far. At least Freedom Tower is starting to take shape and the shopping mall on the SE side.