gruden

nuklz2594

man, i gotta say, if that were true then i could be very happy with Gruden, Tebow and a spread offense. as much as i dislike the tampa-2, our D could be very good with a couple more additions, so if Gruden kept it id be ok with that too. its an interesting scenario, but we'll see...

man, i gotta say, if that were true then i could be very happy with Gruden, Tebow and a spread offense. as much as i dislike the tampa-2, our D could be very good with a couple more additions, so if Gruden kept it id be ok with that too. its an interesting scenario, but we'll see...

As I did on the Bruce Allen thread, let me dispel the idea that Jon Gruden is a proponent of the Tampa 2 defense.

Gruden inherited the Tampa 2 when he took over for the fired Tony Dungy. Dungy and his defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin had great success with this defense. In 10 of his 13 seasons as Tampa Bay DC, Kiffin's defense was top ten in points allowed and yards allowed. This has never been achieved by any other defensive coordinator.

So, Gruden and Allen wouldn't necessarily run a Tampa 2 defense, Gruden was wise enough to keep a great defense when he arrived in Tampa.

In fact when Gruden and Allen were together in Oakland, they ran a standard 4-3 defense.

Finally, I don't think the problem with our Tampa 2 is the system itself. I believe it is the talent on the roster and the talent of the coaching staff which is limiting our defensive success.

Word down here is Louisville wants Gruden.

The word everywhere else it that Gruden would never take a job at Louisville. He's looking at NFL jobs or top college jobs such as Notre Dame. Mark my words, Gruden will never coach at Louisville. That would be like Bill Cowher taking the East Carolina job.

As I did on the Bruce Allen thread, let me dispel the idea that Jon Gruden is a proponent of the Tampa 2 defense.

Gruden inherited the Tampa 2 when he took over for the fired Tony Dungy. Dungy and his defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin had great success with this defense. In 10 of his 13 seasons as Tampa Bay DC, Kiffin's defense was top ten in points allowed and yards allowed. This has never been achieved by any other defensive coordinator.

So, Gruden and Allen wouldn't necessarily run a Tampa 2 defense, Gruden was wise enough to keep a great defense when he arrived in Tampa.

In fact when Gruden and Allen were together in Oakland, they ran a standard 4-3 defense.

Finally, I don't think the problem with our Tampa 2 is the system itself. I believe it is the talent on the roster and the talent of the coaching staff which is limiting our defensive success.

The word everywhere else it that Gruden would never take a job at Louisville. He's looking at NFL jobs or top college jobs such as Notre Dame. Mark my words, Gruden will never coach at Louisville. That would be like Bill Cowher taking the East Carolina job.

I am not saying he would take it but I would not be surprised to see him go to a college team. If the Bills hire Allen I would not be surprised if Gruden was hired as the next coach of the Bills.

I am not saying he would take it but I would not be surprised to see him go to a college team. If the Bills hire Allen I would not be surprised if Gruden was hired as the next coach of the Bills.

No, I could see him taking a college job. But it would be a premier program for sure. I think he was linked to the Tennessee job before Kiffin was hired. Jim Tressel is having a rough go right now at Ohio State. There's definitely a few prestige programs I could see him landing in. But I think he ends up back in the NFL.

i recall that gruden took the season off to study the spread offense, that is used widely in college. would the spread offense work for us?

Any spread formation on offense makes that offense EXTREMELY vulnerable at the edges. Given our OT situation no, I wouldn't want a spread offense. Secondly, given our QB situation, I'm not sure we can make a D pay often enough when they DO pressure the corners. Until we have better personnel at QB and OL I don't think a spread O is the answer in B-Lo.

GO BILLS!!!