Fitzpatrick Article

PDaDdy

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...b5-eaf5e6a6472c

Ok this will obviously seem like another bash Trent thread post but I found a few things interesting in this article.

1) Beyond perhaps preseason this is the first time Fitz has thrown to Evans and Owens.

(Should only get better with reps with his WR)

2) Team mates are approaching the backup QB to ask him what he sees out there.

(I have been looking for sometime and unlike other QBs who are leaders I don't see Trent talking to his WRs or anyone else of importance, for that matter, on the offensive side of the ball)

3) Lee Evans considers Fitz someone you can trust and likes to be around.

(Could be normal backup QB support drivel but I don't recall hims saying anything directly positive about Edwards)

4) AVP had this to say about Fitz which in a backhanded way says a LOT about Trent and directly contradicts some of the apologists defenses of him.

“He’s got a big arm. That’s one of the things with stretching the field is more comfortable to him. Protection issues is something he’s really strong with in terms of knowing who’s coming and getting protections adjusted. Those are some of his strong points.” -AVP

If both QBs are equally as good at these things why point these things out as being strengths of Fitz? He very easily could have said that Fitz is ALSO good at these things so the offense won't skip a beat.

Ok this will obviously seem like another bash Trent thread post but I found a few things interesting in this article.

1) Beyond perhaps preseason this is the first time Fitz has thrown to Evans and Owens.

(I have been looking for sometime and unlike other QBs who are leaders I don't see Trent talking to his WRs or anyone else of importance, for that matter, on the offensive side of the ball)

(Could be normal backup QB support drivel but I don't recall hims saying anything directly positive about Edwards)

4) AVP had this to say about Fitz which in a backhanded way says a LOT about Trent and directly contradicts some of the apologists defenses of him.

“He’s got a big arm. That’s one of the things with stretching the field is more comfortable to him. Protection issues is something he’s really strong with in terms of knowing who’s coming and getting protections adjusted. Those are some of his strong points.” -AVP

If both QBs are equally as good at these things why point these things out as being strengths of Fitz? He very easily could have said that Fitz is ALSO good at these things so the offense won't skip a beat.

the guy also has a winning record as a starter with the BungHoles 4-3-1.

Here is Fitzpatrick in a nutshell (as pasted from Rotoworld):

With Trent Edwards battling a concussion, Ryan Fitzpatrick is expected to be the Bills' starting quarterback in Week 7 against the Panthers.

It hurts the entire offense. Fitzpatrick "led" a Week 6 win over the stumbling Jets, but was mostly ineffective (10-of-24 for 116 yards) and has one of the league's weakest arms. Carolina, usually susceptible to the run, will easily be able to stack the box against Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. Vertical wideouts Lee Evans and Terrell Owens should also be downgraded

With Trent Edwards battling a concussion, Ryan Fitzpatrick is expected to be the Bills' starting quarterback in Week 7 against the Panthers.

It hurts the entire offense. Fitzpatrick "led" a Week 6 win over the stumbling Jets, but was mostly ineffective (10-of-24 for 116 yards) and has one of the league's weakest arms. Carolina, usually susceptible to the run, will easily be able to stack the box against Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. Vertical wideouts Lee Evans and Terrell Owens should also be downgraded

rotoworld might have it wrong. songs like they're making the assumption others are that he's another Holcomb. im not seeing that and good thing the coaches and players aren't saying that.

I remember when the pundits rap on Brady was that "he did not have an NFL arm" , Funny that no one writes or says that anymore.

I remember when the pundits rap on Brady was that "he did not have an NFL arm" , Funny that no one writes or says that anymore.

lol yeah, the dude whipped back to back 70+ yard attempts to Moss at the end of Super Bowl loss to the Giants. his form was beautiful and he didnt even struggle to get it there. the pundits are so awful anymore it's better to get your info from forums like this and what your own eyes tell you.

Well, rotoworld has spoken, that's that.

Trent's play at quarterback this season was really making defenses re-consider stacking the box. :ph34r:

because fitzpatrick doesn't have anything else going for him - IE accuracy and reading defenses. he's not good. he practiced and played a LOT last year with 2 recievers far far better than Owens and Evans - and he still had a pretty bad season stat wise. trent's weaknesses are mainly mental, which says a lot. he's never been the same since that concussion last year and this one isn't going to help either. I mean, he rarely ran his first 1 1/2 seasons here... now he scrambles like a mad man. its like he is cloning into losman without the cannon and inabilty to get the ball out of his hands...

It is interesting that rotoworld thinks that he has one of the weakest NFL arms yet AVP his offensive coordinator thinks it is one of his strengths and that he stretches the field. One could VERY easily infer that Trent's arm is certainly weaker. Perhaps THE weakest in the NFL now that Pennington is out for the season.

Leagues weakest arm? That throw to Evans that got over turned was not one by a guy with a weak arm based on the trajectory and speed of the ball...

because fitzpatrick doesn't have anything else going for him - IE accuracy and reading defenses. he's not good. he practiced and played a LOT last year with 2 recievers far far better than Owens and Evans - and he still had a pretty bad season stat wise. trent's weaknesses are mainly mental, which says a lot. he's never been the same since that concussion last year and this one isn't going to help either. I mean, he rarely ran his first 1 1/2 seasons here... now he scrambles like a mad man. its like he is cloning into losman without the cannon and inabilty to get the ball out of his hands...

If you look at the article AVP credits Fitz with getting his team into the right protections. He also didn't take a sack in that game. Doesn't sound like someone that is worse than Trent in those respects.

"2 recievers far far better than Owens and Evans " You're kidding right? How about you compare the 2008 numbers for Evans and Owens vs Ochocinco and Housh!!! Tell me again how they are far far better? What a JOKE! Also tell me how good their running game looked for the ENTIRE year!!! Benson didn't do much of anything until about the last 4 games of the season. The Bengals last year were NO better a team or organization than what the Bills have here now. Who is to say that Fitz couldn't easily go the 10 game equivalent of 4 - 3 -1 in Buffalo the remainder of this year?

Can we please drop the concussion "explanation"? I call it an explanation because we know it's no longer a viable excuse as Trent himself has said it WAS NOT A FACTOR! I don't care why he sucks. Just accept that he does!

Hold on a second...he came in mid season last year with NO reps with the starting offense, so how do you say he played a lot with them? It was only his second year on the team as a backup to Palmer, he had literally hardly any time with the first unit. Not to mention, it was his first action ever as a full time starter really. He has the starting experience of a QB in his 2nd year...

More stuff people just pull out their azz as if it were true...serioulsy, the whole thing about Cincy last year is so lame because people act like he started the season as a starter and had all offseason to prepare.

Oh, and Palmer, with the same team and weapons was 0-4 with 2 games under 150yds (1 of which under 100yds) with just 3 TD's and 4 INT's, 2 fumbles and 11 sacks over the 4 games...with Chad Johnson admitedly checked out last year, a terrible O line, no running game, and no TE production, even Palmer struggled...Our offense easily has more talent on it than Cincy had last year...

PS: Cincy avg 3.6 yards per carry and gave up 49 sacks...so even the O line was worse...

I certainly don't agree with the assessment of his arm. So how will Carolina's game plan be any different now that Fitz is the QB? Seriously! Like Trent has a strong arm and they WEREN'T going to stack the box anyway. ROFLOL.

At least Fitz can hit a slant route for a TD!!!!!

Hold on a second...he came in mid season last year with NO reps with the starting offense, so how do you say he played a lot with them? It was only his second year on the team as a backup to Palmer, he had literally hardly any time with the first unit. Not to mention, it was his first action ever as a full time starter really. He has the starting experience of a QB in his 2nd year...

More stuff people just pull out their azz as if it were true...serioulsy, the whole thing about Cincy last year is so lame because people act like he started the season as a starter and had all offseason to prepare.

Oh, and Palmer, with the same team and weapons was 0-4 with 2 games under 150yds (1 of which under 100yds) with just 3 TD's and 4 INT's, 2 fumbles and 11 sacks over the 4 games...with Chad Johnson admitedly checked out last year, a terrible O line, no running game, and no TE production, even Palmer struggled...Our offense easily has more talent on it than Cincy had last year...

PS: Cincy avg 3.6 yards per carry and gave up 49 sacks...so even the O line was worse...

WHO CARES?!?!?!? ...if rotoworld didn't say it :ph34r:

The slant Fitz threw to Evans last week was in the only place he could put it, hit Evans in stride, and was thrown on a rope. I think he has a stronger arm than TE. He also seems to be more poised in the pocket. We'll see how he does this week after a full set of reps with the first team. I expect him to be better than what we've had atleast and start for the rest of the season, leaving TE holding a clipboard on the sidelines until he's allowed to walk in FA.

Don't agree. We will see.

How do you figure that Housh and Ochocinco were better?? Ochocinco was a shell of himself last year because of injuries, and Chris Henry didn't contribute either. As for Housh, he's a solid player, but he's not half as fast as Evans nor as fast as Owens either. Put Evans on the Bengals and see what happens.