Jeff Fisher wears a Peyton Manning jersey at an event today

People put way too much stock in head coaches. Fisher is the perfect counter to the "we need a head coach" theory. Last year the Titans were the bomb-diggity. This year, not only are they bottom feeders, but the players have given up, and apparently so has Fisher. How is this possible? Fisher is a great coach? Bull. A coach can only do so much.

PS - I don't know about you, but I don't want a clown who wears opposing jerseys to feel like a winner nowhere near this team.

You have worse, namely Dick. Fisher is no clown, and coaches mean as much as QB, GM, and Owner. He would be a huge improvement.

You guys have no idea how pissed Jeff Fisher is at the comments made by Bud Adams in the last couple days. I mean he did not give the coach a vote of confidence at all. This is a guy who led them to 13 wins last year and has had multiple playoff appearances over the last decade, while the Bills were throwing up all over themselves. Fisher has always reminded me of the Lindy Ruff of the NFL. Both guys are long tenured with the same team, both are darn good coaches who have gotten close but never won the big game/series.

You guys have no idea how pissed Jeff Fisher is at the comments made by Bud Adams in the last couple days. I mean he did not give the coach a vote of confidence at all. This is a guy who led them to 13 wins last year and has had multiple playoff appearances over the last decade, while the Bills were throwing up all over themselves. Fisher has always reminded me of the Lindy Ruff of the NFL. Both guys are long tenured with the same team, both are darn good coaches who have gotten close but never won the big game/series.

This generally means it's time to move on. Probably best for both parties, much like Denver did this year. I imagine the same will hit Belichek in a few years. At a certain point, everything stays status quo and there needs to be new life, new blood injected into the system.

This generally means it's time to move on. Probably best for both parties, much like Denver did this year. I imagine the same will hit Belichek in a few years. At a certain point, everything stays status quo and there needs to be new life, new blood injected into the system.

Yes, it's best to lose with a different coach than keep someone with a proven track record of winning games.

Yes, it's best to lose with a different coach than keep someone with a proven track record of winning games.

How do you figure? Things get stale. It happens all the time in all walks of life, not just coaching. Think outside the norm for just a moment...do you really believe the Broncos would have been better served keeping Shanahan? Would the Steelers be any better off having kept Cowher? Would the Chargers have really been better, personnel wise (since the Gm couldn't get along with him) had they kept Schottenheimer? Time passes and things need change or they regretfully stay the same. You can turn it around on us...keep bringing in coaches without proven track records, without a new energy and it doesn't matter what name you insert, the result is the same. Believe it or not, change can be a good thing, even when it doesn't seem it.