Remember 1998 Flutie/Johnson

This season is giving me deja vu. In 1998, the Bills started 1-3 with Rob Johnson, and he was being sacked left and right. He gets injured, then Flutie came in and started winning games, gets into the playoffs. NOT because Flutie was really much better than Johnson, but because he wasn't getting sacked 8 times a game like Johnson. I see a lot of Rob Johnson in Edwards and a lot of Flutie in Fitzpatrick. I really think Fitzy will get us into the playoffs.

This season is giving me deja vu. In 1998, the Bills started 1-3 with Rob Johnson, and he was being sacked left and right. He gets injured, then Flutie came in and started winning games, gets into the playoffs. NOT because Flutie was really much better than Johnson, but because he wasn't getting sacked 8 times a game like Johnson. I see a lot of Rob Johnson in Edwards and a lot of Flutie in Fitzpatrick. I really think Fitzy will get us into the playoffs.

Unless he can stop the opponents running game.....

imho, flutie was better than johnson. flutie had a 20 yr pro career and went on to start for another team while rob after leaving buffalo, rode the pine for the rest of his career as a backup.

i see alot of gal gilbert in both edwards AND fitzpatrick. career backup material.

um, flutie was better than johnson. flutie went on to start for another team while rob after leaving buffalo, rode the pine for the rest of his career as a backup.

i see alot of gal gilbert in both edwards AND fitzpatrick. career backup material.

+1.... And then they screwed it up starting RJ vs. Tennessee...... Thanks to the Op for reminding me of 1999..... :P

um, flutie was better than johnson. flutie went on to start for another team while rob after leaving buffalo, rode the pine for the rest of his career as a backup.

Yeah, I agree Flutie was better, but at the time, it wasn't obvious. Just like now, it's not obvious how much better Fitzpatrick is.

Dude put down the pipe. FItz is no Flutie there will be no FItzy Magic I did not see anything spectactular that would even get you to think this we were out played in every facet of the game yesterday but thansk to the poor throws by their QB we some how came a way with the win thats is end print!

imho, flutie was better than johnson.

NFL on us getting Johnson because of his performance in 1 Jax game

QUOTE from Philips "Flutie would have won that game"

Flutie would have won that game if he were covering the kick off after Johnson led the Bills to the go ahead FG with almost no time left on the clock. Johnson won that game. ST lost it. Flutie sucked back then and still does.

Dude put down the pipe. FItz is no Flutie there will be no FItzy Magic I did not see anything spectactular that would even get you to think this we were out played in every facet of the game yesterday but thansk to the poor throws by their QB we some how came a way with the win thats is end print!

Was Fitzy even sacked once? He should have been but somehow escaped pressure several times. How many times has Edwards escaped pressure? Zero. He's the second most sacked QB in the NFL right now. Rob Johnson held a similar title. I'm not saying Fitzy is ever gonna be a Flutie, but you must admit, he can manage the offense and escape sacks. He also seemed to eliminate false start penalties. THAT was magic.

If we were to miraculously make the playoffs with Fitzpatrick, Ralph would step in and insist that Edwards start the first playoff game and we'd lose.

Flutie would have won that game if he were covering the kick off after Johnson led the Bills to the go ahead FG with almost no time left on the clock. Johnson won that game. ST lost it. Flutie sucked back then and still does.

RJ put up a stat line that game that was beyond pathetic in all aspects...... We would have been 20 points ahead with some decent QB'ing...... Anyone remember RJ getting sacked 6 times, throwing for 140 yards (yes good by today's standard), giving up a safety? I will say his 30 yards passing on the final drive was well timed.

The defense that day was superb, and deserved all the credit for keeping us in the game.....

Amazing that anyone still defends his performance that day.

Ahhhh nice try.... There will be no QB controversy, Fitzpatrick didn’t look tat good....

[/quote

Playoffs! Playoffs! come on dude, that was one of the worst games I ever saw.

Yes Im happy with a win , and a good back up qb,........ Playoffs, were 2-4, Dude, let get some of what you are smoking

+1.... And then they screwed it up starting RJ vs. Tennessee...... Thanks to the Op for reminding me of 1999..... :w00t:

Flutie sucked then he sucks now and he will suck in the future.

Lamest ad on TV? Yup...Flutie looking less than manly in a commercial about team mascots.