Remember 1998 Flutie/Johnson

This season is giving me deja vu. In 1998, the Bills started 1-3 with Rob Johnson, and he was being sacked left and right. He gets injured, then Flutie came in and started winning games, gets into the playoffs. NOT because Flutie was really much better than Johnson, but because he wasn't getting sacked 8 times a game like Johnson. I see a lot of Rob Johnson in Edwards and a lot of Flutie in Fitzpatrick. I really think Fitzy will get us into the playoffs.

Wow. Hitting the sauce early?

At this point in time, IMHO, Fitzpatrick is the better QB, but I saw nothing from him that has me convinced he will lead this team to a playoff bid.

Make no mistake. Fitzpatrick sucks, he just sucks less than Edwards right now.

+1.... And then they screwed it up starting RJ vs. Tennessee...... Thanks to the Op for reminding me of 1999..... :w00t:

yup, another bills blunder that has led to our demise. Way to go Ralph, start rob johnson becasue he has a good game the last game of the season vs a crappy indy team at the time.

Then, we all know what happened in tenn, thanks again Ralph (you dumbass!!)

Very very different team.

Of course it is. The main comparison is how well the QB's handle pressure. Fitz was not sacked once with 4 rookie linemen and Edwards is a sack magnet that now has a concussion because of it. '98 was nearly identical. Everyone blamed the OL for Johnson sucking, until Flutie took over and showed that QB's can make good plays under pressure.

Of course it is. The main comparison is how well the QB's handle pressure. Fitz was not sacked once with 4 rookie linemen and Edwards is a sack magnet that now has a concussion because of it. '98 was nearly identical. Everyone blamed the OL for Johnson sucking, until Flutie took over and showed that QB's can make good plays under pressure.

DEFENSE

(we had one in 98)

DEFENSE

(we had one in 98)

We've got a great defense this year that looks bad on paper because they're on the field 75% of the game. Give this team a chance. The LB's are pretty thin right now, but every other position is stacked. If the offense can keep a few drives alive, the run defense will get more rest and stop more runs.

This season is giving me deja vu. In 1998, the Bills started 1-3 with Rob Johnson, and he was being sacked left and right. He gets injured, then Flutie came in and started winning games, gets into the playoffs. NOT because Flutie was really much better than Johnson, but because he wasn't getting sacked 8 times a game like Johnson. I see a lot of Rob Johnson in Edwards and a lot of Flutie in Fitzpatrick. I really think Fitzy will get us into the playoffs.

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! I just hope we can win a game. "jim Mora"...........................but seriously, this team is not making the playoffs.