Why are so many people turning a blind eye to Trent?

Rayzer32

Trent was throwing to his WRs before he got injured today and was 5/5 leading the Bills to a FG. Two completions to Evans and one to TO. No one seems to ever bring this stuff up, always the negative. FWIW there is not an NFL caliber starting QB on this team. Although, Trent is the best of the three. Do I want to see Trent here next year? only if he is backing up a proven veteran QB or filling in until a new rookie QB is ready to play. Trent was playing well before his injury, that's all I'm saying. Fitz did nothing to make me see any different.

I'm not a Trent ballwasher, just a realist and I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Trent was throwing to his WRs before he got injured today and was 5/5 leading the Bills to a FG. Two completions to Evans and one to TO. No one seems to ever bring this stuff up, always the negative. FWIW there is not an NFL caliber starting QB on this team. Although, Trent is the best of the three. Do I want to see Trent here next year? only if he is backing up a proven veteran QB or filling in until a new rookie QB is ready to play. Trent was playing well before his injury, that's all I'm saying. Fitz did nothing to make me see any different.

I'm not a Trent ballwasher, just a realist and I know Fitz will not lead this team or any other team anywhere in the NFL. Look how he did last year with Chad and TJ as his WRs. He was horrible there too. As for Hamdan, there is a reason he is always on the sidelines.

I agree that TE is the best QB we have, but I'm also not so sure Edwards is the long term future for the Buffalo Bills like I used to be and the concussions haven't helped matters..

I'd agree, except Edwards has built a reputation for a reason. Did you happen to see the slants and balls over 10 yards thrown today? Fitz isn't a pro-bowler by any means, but the guy aired it out longer than we have seen in a long time. Our wideouts were more involved, we susatined drives, held the ball for 40 minutes, and the Jets felt threatened midrange and deep. He just gives us a better chance to win right now.

Because he's played terrible all season so far.

Did you miss the first two games of the season. Trent was great(at least good) until he lost his confidence because our O-line couldn't block New Orleans. Besides that though he has been pretty bad but I think he could be the answer if he regains his confidence and can play through that concussion.

I agree that TE is the best QB we have, but I'm also not so sure Edwards is the long term future for the Buffalo Bills like I used to be and the concussions haven't helped matters..

He definitely is not the long term answer, but neither is Fitz or Hamdan. I just don't get all the prasie for Fitzpatrick who was no better than Trent. He was under 50% completions and alot of his passes were not even close to anyone.

He definitely is not the long term answer, but neither is Fitz or Hamdan. I just don't get all the prasie for Fitzpatrick who was no better than Trent. He was under 50% completions and alot of his passes were not even close to anyone.

He's getting praise because we won. He's average at best but we won so right now it doesn't matter.

do you think, just for a second, that the 20+ mile an hour winds and coming off the bench cold might have played into that? not to mention the fact that fitzpatrick doesn't get any first team reps?

More like the light of POINTS on the board & WINS are what's blinding.

We are talkin' super nova light here, Fl! Looking directly at the sun would be safer than the light those 13 POINTS emitted today. I've got my Fitz shades on!

GO BILLS!!!

I'm out of shape, drink way too much beer, and never played organized football and I'm fairly confident I could complete 3/5 passes if I only have to throw the ball 20 feet or so. I should not, in any way imaginable, be able to do something 3/5ths of the time that a pro athlete can.

When he completes a pass > 25 yards, I'll stop thinking he's a suckhole. Until then, it sucks that he's hurt, but it doesn't hurt our chances of winning.

I'm out of shape, drink way too much beer, and never played organized football and I'm fairly confident I could complete 3/5 passes if I only have to throw the ball 20 feet or so. I should not, in any way imaginable, be able to do something 3/5ths of the time that a pro athlete can.

When he completes a pass > 25 yards, I'll stop thinking he's a suckhole. Until then, it sucks that he's hurt, but it doesn't hurt our chances of winning.

Not with all the winds blowing around in there.

Guest dog14787
do you think, just for a second, that the 20+ mile an hour winds and coming off the bench cold might have played into that? not to mention the fact that fitzpatrick doesn't get any first team reps?

Fitz is not afraid to pull the trigger, he has a strong arm and he has good wheels, there's allot to like about Fitz's performance, especially in the bad weather conditions.

To be quite honest, I couldn't care less if he were 5 of 5 or if all of them were to WRs. Its not enough to judge whether Edwards would have played well throughout the game or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being on the Fitzpatrick bandwagon, but as poorly as Edwards and this offense have played this season, I don't see the harm in giving Fitz the next two games before the bye to see what effect a QB change might have. I'm not expecting much, but again, I don't think it can get much worse.

So you're saying Fitz won the game for us. Evans was the one who got the points. Fitz was more gutsy than Edwards but with 6 picks you still expect to win.

Evans would not have had the chance to score those points if Trent were the QB. I remember a Game in Buffalo against the Cowboys a couple years ago & the first game this year you would EXPECT the Bills would have won, they didn't & Trent was the QB both games. Coincidence? I don't think so.