Another argument for Mike Leach as Bills Head Coach

The Senator

That's right - Leach's Red Raiders trounced #15-ranked Nebraska, outscoring the nation's #2-ranked scoring defense 31-10, AT Nebraska. And it was TT's DEFENSE that did the job - holding Nebraska to 3 points until a meaningless late Q4 TD when the game was already decided.

Unlike the typical Texas Tech aerial circus, this one saw TT QB Steve Sheffield go 23-for-32 with 234 yards passing - his two touchdown runs both coming from a yard out, while Baron Batch caught a touchdown pass in the win, and the Texas Tech defense returned a Nebraska fumble for another TD.

"We got beat. I give Texas Tech credit. We did not play good football. We didn't play well. We got outcoached. We got outplayed. Simple as that.", said Nebraska coach Bo Pelini.

link

Maybe Tech will get the credit it deserves, and maybe Ralph and the Bills will take a close look at...

Mike Leach

(they could start by watching how Leach handles the press in the embedded video, compared the the corpse the Bills currently call their 'head coach')

Guest dog14787
That's right - Leach's Red Raiders trounced #15-ranked Nebraska, outscoring the nation's #2-ranked scoring defense 31-10, AT Nebraska. And it was TT's DEFENSE that did the job - holding Nebraska to 3 points until a meaningless late Q4 TD when the game was already decided.

Unlike the typical Texas Tech aerial circus, this one saw TT QB Steve Sheffield go 23-for-32 with 234 yards passing - his two touchdown runs both coming from a yard out, while Baron Batch caught a touchdown pass in the win, and the Texas Tech defense running back a Nebraska fumble for another TD.

"We got beat. I give Texas Tech credit. We did not play good football. We didn't play well. We got outcoached. We got outplayed. Simple as that.", said Nebraska coach Bo Pelini.

link

Maybe Tech will get the credit it deserves, and maybe Ralph and the Bills will take a close look at...

Mike Leach

(they could start by watching how Leach handles the press in the embedded video, compared the the corpse the Bills currently call their 'head coach')

Reminds me allot of the big Tuna. (entertaining interview)

Real intelligent coach and one that in my opinion would do very well in the NFL.

Reminds me allot of the big Tuna. (entertaining interview)

Real intelligent coach and one that in my opinion would do very well in the NFL.

I loved what I saw from him against Texas earlier this year. His team was clearly overmatched and probably should've lost by 4 TD's, but he wasn't afraid to take some chances.

Sure Mike Leach's offense survives in the college ranks but it would never work in the pros. His offense is one dimensional and everyone knows that in the nfl you need to run the ball and pass the ball. And congrats to Leach bc this is the first time ever in his head coaching career that he got credit for his defense, against and overrated Nebraska team. Hiring him would be the worst coaching move ever

Sure Mike Leach's offense survives in the college ranks but it would never work in the pros. His offense is one dimensional and everyone knows that in the nfl you need to run the ball and pass the ball. And congrats to Leach bc this is the first time ever in his head coaching career that he got credit for his defense, against and overrated Nebraska team. Hiring him would be the worst coaching move ever

Come on, worse than hiring the likes of Dick Jauron, Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson?

That's nonsense - elements of the spread offense are in use by today's most successful NFL teams (NE*, Indy, Pittsburgh, to name a few) and the concept has been around forever - was surprised to read that Jim Kelly used it under Mouse Davis with the USFL 's Houston Gamblers...

Spread concepts around for decades

And on another, lighter note, don't forget that the last Bills coach to quote Churchill led us to four consecutive AFC titles - it's time for a little Churchill from...

Mike Leach - A Coach With More Than Football on His Mind

Unlike the typical Texas Tech aerial circus, this one saw TT QB Steve Sheffield go 23-for-32 with 234 yards passing - his two touchdown runs both coming from a yard out, while Baron Batch caught a touchdown pass in the win, and the Texas Tech defense returned a Nebraska fumble for another TD.

link

Mike Leach

As much as I would love to see Leach as the next long tenured coach of the Bills, it just won't happen.

For one, Ralph doesn't know enough about college football to even dabble into it to find a coach and two, the front office might know something about Leach but IF they are even looking for a coach of the future for this team, it's likely to be some retread (not retard that we currently have) out of the NFL.

Leach is an amazing coach and deserves to be pacing an NFL sideline next year but unfortunately, most NFL "geniuses" view his offense as gimickry. The only team that might consider him would be the Redskins and they won't since they've already been down that road.

Mr. Senator, you need to put a package together for Leach and send it to Ralph. Maybe someone can deliver it to him with his morning oatmeal and ensure.

Quickly.... name me any.... that's right, ANY college HC that's jumped up to the prime time league from college and done squat (other than Jimmy Johnson) in the past 30 years? Riley, Erickson, Davis, Saban, Spurrier.... yep, and Leach (he's won so many national championships I lost count) is gonna leap over the top of them all and be the Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, and Barak Obama savior of the Bills and the NFL

Let's get real folks.... there ain't a coach on this planet that can succeed in Buffalo without a solid front office, ... and this front office resembles liquid effluent more than solid waste.

Guest dog14787
Quickly.... name me any.... that's right, ANY college HC that's jumped up to the prime time league from college and done squat (other than Jimmy Johnson) in the past 30 years? Riley, Erickson, Davis, Saban, Spurrier.... yep, and Leach (he's won so many national championships I lost count) is gonna leap over the top of them all and be the Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, and Barak Obama savior of the Bills and the NFL

Let's get real folks.... there ain't a coach on this planet that can succeed in Buffalo without a solid front office, ... and this front office resembles liquid effluent more than solid waste.

Mike Leach is better at recruiting good talent then any GM we could ever hope to hire in my opinion.

As far as comparing Leach to other college coaches in the past who tried to break into the NFL, there is no comparison because nobody comes close.

Mike Leach is better at recruiting good talent then any GM we could ever hope to hire in my opinion.

As far as comparing Leach to other college coaches in the past who tried to break into the NFL, there is no comparison because nobody comes close.

You're joking, right? No other college HC who went to the pros even "comes close" to Leach?

He's so great at recruiting that Texas Tech is not even in the top 3 teams in Texas.

Spurrier was the King of the spread. Erickson also used the spread. How many National titles between those two? How are doing in the NFL?

Leach coaches an unranked team that has beaten one ranked team this season. He makes his living running up the score against cupcakes.

Against Texas, Leach's "genius" was to have his qb attempt 61 passes and then, down by 10 and with time running out under 2 minutes in the 4th Q, he calls a run play that gets 2 yards and wastes time. And of course, there was the "genius" fake kneeldown attempt----someone forgot to tell this Leach you can't do this in college ball.

No thanks--this guy is exactly where he belongs.

if he was an nfl head coach he'd need a great GM above him because so much of the nfl game would be a challenge for him and distract him from what he is best at.

i say we get holmgren as GM and have him keep a watchful eye over leach as HC. holmgren knows how to grow and run a team, and i think he's a class guy so it wouldn't be a power struggle.

Barry Switzer.

Bobby Ross.

John Robinson.

Next question??????