CNN's Sanchez Apologizes for Running Fake Limbaugh Quote

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what's racist about any of those? A racist person preaches HATE against people due to their color or background, none of these quotes do that. The bone one is mean spirited, but would have to hear the entire conversation, and doesn't mean he's racist. You need to do better than posting a couple quotes from a 20 year career to pull the race card. I'm sure you rushed to Jeramiah Wright's side when the Republicans did the same to him.

Why does he say "White" governments. What does the color of the government have to do with anything?

I guess we disagree on what the bloods and crips comment means, but it's racist IMO.

Jesse Jackson is black or didn't you know that? Therefore all criminal composites are of black people.

What? You can't see that's racist?

The Donovan McNabb comment is racist, IMO. He is saying the accolades black quarterbacks receive are because they're a black quarterbacks and they don't deserve the high praise.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

actually i didnt rush to wrights side..... u my friend are a fool if u think limbaugh is not a racist............

I agree. The Rush apologizers shouldn't assume that anyone calling Rush a racist were running to Jeremiah Wrights side. It would make it a lot easier if that was true because then they could point their fingers jumping up and down yelling "You're a racist" In a kind of "I know you are but what am I?" type child's game. The ultra right, which seems to encompass the entire Republican party today, will probably never see the racism inherent in those comments.

Again, another liberal that doesn't know his history and can't get his facts straight. What party and its leader ended slavery? What party pushed for the Civil Rights Act? What party held up its enactment for a good deal of time? What party's continued existence relies on keeping the disadvantaged "beholding" to the government. Find the answers to those questions and you just might become enlightened. I doubt it though.

If you are comparing Lincoln's Republican party to today's Republican party you are clueless. The Southern Democrats remained in the Democratic party because they had opposed the politics of the Republican Lincoln. When the Democratic party became more liberal during the 70's they started changing to Republicans. Over history there have been heroes and villains in either party, but if you think the Republicans, today, are less racist than Democrats I believe you are mistaken.

To quote President Johnson after he helped pass civil rights legislation; "Well there goes the south." (In case you didn't know he was a Democrat)

Bolded states are Civil War Slave States.

In the 2000 election Bush won: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia(they weren't separated at the time of the Civil War) and Wyoming.

11 Slave states if you count Virginia only once. Thirteen if you count Nebraska and Oklahoma that were territories at the time.

Gore won: California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC(until 1862), Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey*, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.

So the former slave states voted approx. 73% for Bush. If you are using the slave state analogy, they are Republicans now.

*New Jersey abolished slavery in 1804 but had "apprentices for life" until 1865.

I don't understand what's racist about any of those? A racist person preaches HATE against people due to their color or background, none of these quotes do that. The bone one is mean spirited, but would have to hear the entire conversation, and doesn't mean he's racist. You need to do better than posting a couple quotes from a 20 year career to pull the race card. I'm sure you rushed to Jeramiah Wright's side when the Republicans did the same to him.

I don't know, this sounds pretty racist to me:

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray (the confesed assasin of Martin Luther King). We miss you, James. Godspeed."

Who is "we"... ??? All your other fellow racists out there Rush... :devil:

Supposedly came from his show on April 23, 1998. Don't know if anyone can double check that or not. Not sure this is possible... Like going back and finding the posts for PPP in 2003 (before board crashed).

It could have flew under the radar and nobody caught the tape. Snopes gives it a "mixture" since the quote doesn't turn up before 2005... Again, good luck... Like trying to find old PPP posts from 2003. :thumbdown:

He is right, i lived in the south for 10 years, fl and louisiana. the area is heavily racist.............

Believe me, racism is alive an well... :thumbdown::devil:

Heck some of my neighborhood in Illinois is racist. My son's two best friends are African-American and you should see the dirty looks some neighbors give them... Let alone all the other things we have witnessed out of some neighbors.

I agree. The Rush apologizers shouldn't assume that anyone calling Rush a racist were running to Jeremiah Wrights side. It would make it a lot easier if that was true because then they could point their fingers jumping up and down yelling "You're a racist" In a kind of "I know you are but what am I?" type child's game. The ultra right, which seems to encompass the entire Republican party today, will probably never see the racism inherent in those comments.

The fact that you agree with Delladork speaks volumes....

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray (the confesed assasin of Martin Luther King). We miss you, James. Godspeed."

Ya, it would be racist if it had been said.

Let me ask you something, if 97% of white people in the U.S would of voted for McCain in the elections this past year, would our country of been considered racist?

If, lets say Huckabee wins the next election, and Rush would say "My mother!@#$ing president is White", "No more black lies, my president is white", would that be considered racist?

The double standard in this country is pathetic, and the race baitors and liberal !@#$tards help keep it alive and well.

I can assure you, racism from blacks is much more prevalent than it is from whites, but people see what they want to see.

On a sidenote, I'm watching Howard Kurtz's show on CNN and Michael Wilbon is somewhat retracting what he had said, and he went on to say "Rush has said many bigoted things, I can't name any specifics right now...." Pathetic :devil:

I don't subscribe to Rush and what he has to say, but it's the hypocrisy that irks me, and it's obvious that this wasn't a racial issue as much as it was a political one.

Who is "we"... ??? All your other fellow racists out there Rush... :devil:

Supposedly came from his show on April 23, 1998. Don't know if anyone can double check that or not. Not sure this is possible... Like going back and finding the posts for PPP in 2003 (before board crashed).

It could have flew under the radar and nobody caught the tape. Snopes gives it a "mixture" since the quote doesn't turn up before 2005... Again, good luck... Like trying to find old PPP posts from 2003. :thumbdown:

He never said that, it was made up, and he has 100% denied it. There's several quotes out there that the media is pushing that he never actually said.

Why does he say "White" governments. What does the color of the government have to do with anything?

I guess we disagree on what the bloods and crips comment means, but it's racist IMO.

Jesse Jackson is black or didn't you know that? Therefore all criminal composites are of black people.

What? You can't see that's racist?

The Donovan McNabb comment is racist, IMO. He is saying the accolades black quarterbacks receive are because they're a black quarterbacks and they don't deserve the high praise.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you are comparing Lincoln's Republican party to today's Republican party you are clueless. The Southern Democrats remained in the Democratic party because they had opposed the politics of the Republican Lincoln. When the Democratic party became more liberal during the 70's they started changing to Republicans. Over history there have been heroes and villains in either party, but if you think the Republicans, today, are less racist than Democrats I believe you are mistaken.

To quote President Johnson after he helped pass civil rights legislation; "Well there goes the south." (In case you didn't know he was a Democrat)

Bolded states are Civil War Slave States.

In the 2000 election Bush won: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia(they weren't separated at the time of the Civil War) and Wyoming.

11 Slave states if you count Virginia only once. Thirteen if you count Nebraska and Oklahoma that were territories at the time.

Gore won: California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC(until 1862), Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey*, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.

So the former slave states voted approx. 73% for Bush. If you are using the slave state analogy, they are Republicans now.

*New Jersey abolished slavery in 1804 but had "apprentices for life" until 1865.

You sir, have changed the subject and attempted to put words in my mouth. It was southern Democrats that opposed the Civil rights Act. It was a Republican that freed the slaves. It is the conservatives that feel that the liberals are still trying to buy off the minorities and enslave them further. Don't try to confuse the issues.

Thats fine and all, but ya DO realize that if the tables were turned, it would be his friend's neighbors giving your sons the dirty looks.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that this notion that only whites can be bigoted is in itself bigoted.

No not at all... The tables are turned in other parts of my neighborhood/town and what you said doesn't hold true from what I have seen... Dude, I live in a area that is almost 50-50 (60-40) split down the middle.

Where I live, in the past there has been a strong white "southern element" that made their way up north to find jobs that never really liked the change over going back almost 30 years. IMO.

Ya, it would be racist if it had been said.

Let me ask you something, if 97% of white people in the U.S would of voted for McCain in the elections this past year, would our country of been considered racist?

If, lets say Huckabee wins the next election, and Rush would say "My mother!@#$ing president is White", "No more black lies, my president is white", would that be considered racist?

The double standard in this country is pathetic, and the race baitors and liberal !@#$tards help keep it alive and well.

I can assure you, racism from blacks is much more prevalent than it is from whites, but people see what they want to see.

On a sidenote, I'm watching Howard Kurtz's show on CNN and Michael Wilbon is somewhat retracting what he had said, and he went on to say "Rush has said many bigoted things, I can't name any specifics right now...." Pathetic :P

I don't subscribe to Rush and what he has to say, but it's the hypocrisy that irks me, and it's obvious that this wasn't a racial issue as much as it was a political one.

You are going to disagree... BUT one still has to consider where the power lies and what is considered the main paradigm controlling matters. There can't be racism as we know it without having the controlling power.

Yes... You can call it a double standard. I consider it a one-way street and I find nothing wrong with it at this time. Of course things are changing with the election of a minority president.

He never said that, it was made up, and he has 100% denied it. There's several quotes out there that the media is pushing that he never actually said.

How do you know? Can you supply the transcripts from the 4-23-1998 show? Of course you can't... Like I said, it would be like pulling the TSW/PPP posts from 2002-2003.

It is Rush's problem that he doesn't get the benefit of doubt as it is with most conservatives... Sorry, go whine somewhere else. For now the credibility does not lie with the conservative way of thinking. Maybe that will change someday when they can "clean" up elements within their ranks.

They don't deserve the benefit of doubt at this time.

Do you believe that there is a left-wing media conspiracy? It sure sounds like it! You sound just like the loonies on the left.

:P

You sir, have changed the subject and attempted to put words in my mouth. It was southern Democrats that opposed the Civil rights Act. It was a Republican that freed the slaves. It is the conservatives that feel that the liberals are still trying to buy off the minorities and enslave them further. Don't try to confuse the issues.

Any 6 grader knows that IDEOLOGY can flip-flop... Names like "republican" and "democrat" stay the same even when the ideology changes.

Lincoln of course was a republican, the name means crap... He almost certainly he would not be a republican today. Take that to the bank. Just like Jesus would be considered a liberal/radical 2000 years ago... He teachings are quite conservative today.

Funny how people just stick to "names." Obviuosly you do. :P

You know most African-Americans were REPUBLICAN until about the Great Lower MS flood of 1927?

Again... Ideolgy can and has flipped with regard to many different events (I described on with regard to the 1927 flood) that has happened during the American experience.

You are going to disagree... BUT one still has to consider where the power lies and what is considered the main paradigm controlling matters. There can't be racism as we know it without having the controlling power.

Yes... You can call it a double standard. I consider it a one-way street and I find nothing wrong with it at this time. Of course things are changing with the election of a minority president.

You just proved my point, thank you. It's this line of thinking that helps set us back.

That's a shame, and you aren't the only one Exiled, Steely, The Dean and a couple others on this board and many more outside it that have this same view.

We should not treat others differently, but the same, based on their merits.

Any 6 grader knows that IDEOLOGY can flip-flop... Names like "republican" and "democrat" stay the same even when the ideology changes.

Lincoln of course was a republican, the name means crap... He almost certainly he would not be a republican today. Take that to the bank. Just like Jesus would be considered a liberal/radical 2000 years ago... He teachings are quite conservative today.

Funny how people just stick to "names." Obviuosly you do. :w00t:

You know most African-Americans were REPUBLICAN until about the Great Lower MS flood of 1927?

Again... Ideolgy can and has flipped with regard to many different events (I described on with regard to the 1927 flood) that has happened during the American experience.

If you want to have a dialogue, make some sense, or maybe you should post when you are sober.

Actually most blacks were Republican up until the 60's. Even MLK. Radicalism and the "Great Society" went a long ways to change that.

You make pronouncements, but not based on fact. Typical liberal, you think that if you shout loud enough and repeat yourself often, then what you say will be considered fact.

If you want to have a dialogue, make some sense, or maybe you should post when you are sober.

Actually most blacks were Republican up until the 60's. Even MLK. Radicalism and the "Great Society" went a long ways to change that.

You make pronouncements, but not based on fact. Typical liberal, you think that if you shout loud enough and repeat yourself often, then what you say will be considered fact.

Obviously u cant read or put together common words.... let me say it again. the label republican has changed very much. a republican 150 years ago is different from the rush limbaugh republican of today.... sry but ur wrong.... liberal progress is what changed this country for the better, otherwise we would still be burning witches and hanging black people....