OT- The Simpsons

BillsWest

There is no answer. It is more or less a running joke amongst the writers that they have necer idenitified the state. I have an officially licensed Simpson Shirt which actually lists on it all the Springfields in the US.

"Franks Zappa is my Elvis"-- Matt Groening

They already said it was Missouri. The season finale (can't remember which) where it was the mock-Behind the Music show (Behind the Simpsons), at the very end the narrator says:

"This small Missouri town..."

Wait, on second thought, it wasn't Missouri...it was somewhere down south though...maybe Kentucky? I just know it was revealed in that episode...

Edited by tgreg99

Has to be in a state where lemon trees grow.

8887[/snapback]

"I know you are, but what am I?"

"A garbage man."

"A garbage man."

"A garbage man."

"A garbage man."

I just know for years it was thought to be Mass since most of the writers for the early episodes were a bunch of guys from Harvard (including Conan OBrien and such). That was a big reason why Mayor Quimby is really a JFK/Ted Kennedy impersonation. But then they threw the curve ball during that season finale and announced it was from some where down south (I am thinking Kentucky...).

I will have to check that episode out tonight when I get home.

There was even an episode, I think it was where Apu was studying to get his citizenship, that Homer was pointing out Springfield on a US map. Lisa tells him he's wrong and when she starts to point out where the correct location is, Bart walks into the frame, blocking the map, and asks what they're doing.

I thought I once saw, during an episode, where a teacher was pointing to Springfield on a map with a pointer. It was a very quick scene, but he was pointing to a spot on the map that looked like it was about where Lake Placid would be.

Of course, there are probably dozens of other episodes that lead you to believe that Springfield is located at dozens of other places.

There was even an episode, I think it was where Apu was studying to get his citizenship, that Homer was pointing out Springfield on a US map. Lisa tells him he's wrong and when she starts to point out where the correct location is, Bart walks into the frame, blocking the map, and asks what they're doing.

8899[/snapback]

so its kinda like the kenny thing on south park where you didn't see his face for three years or whatever?

Got the answer (Kinda)! I got the script from the Behind the Scenes episode where they reveal it....

here's the line as it read during it's first airing:

Narrator: The Simpsons' bitter past was forgotten, and now the future looks

brighter than ever for this *northern Kentucky family.

But then there is this added to it in parenthesis:

[(*) Replaced with "southern Missouri" on subsequent airings;

see "Comments" section for more]

The comments are attached above the script. It's funny that they changed it to Missouri on later airings to keep the mystery alive:)

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF19

so explain this if they are from kentucky then why no southern accent?

and marge and homer HAVE lived there their whole lfe.  sorry

8910[/snapback]

Riddle me this, Riddler <_<

I still like to think of it taking place in Mass...even though all the "clues" say otherwise.