I don't get it

BUFFALOTONE

The Fins OL was semi patchwork when the year started and look at what they have done for Henne in the past few games. hate to say it but that rolling pocket call on the 20 was excellent. Their WRs have half the talent ours do but still get open and make plays. I hate beating the coaching drum but my god I want to throw a fist through my TV when I watch this offense.

Why not throw Lunch or Freddie in the Wildcat or "WildBill" (that's my trademark)

If AVP wants to keep his job he needs to start installing some new plays. The guy looked like a genius in week 1. Can someone tell me what has changed?

Let me help...

1. Ralph Wilson

2. Russell Brandon

3. Dick Jauron

Got it?

Bring an intelligent answer to why we can't get it done. I prefaced the coaching problem above. I know how futile they are, my question was what happened from week 1 till now.

Bring an intelligent answer to why we can't get it done. I prefaced the coaching problem above. I know how futile they are, my question was what happened from week 1 till now.

Any answer outside of owner, management, and coaching is not intelligent. Throw in a terrible line and a bad QB and you've got the perfect storm.

The QB is the problem. Plus the Head coach. Fred Jackson almost won the NE game by himself on offense. Teams have taken away the screen game after watching it on tape. It is not really hard to figure out. AVP has called some good plays but Trent is not executing them.

He is playing Jauron Ball. It is a take little risk offense, the Bears were the same way when he coached them.

sadly nothing will change until Jauron leaves.

Here's the answer...Trent Edwards....our QB has been terrible. He cannot throw on the run. When he has two options on a roll out like this past weekend he chooses to throw 5 yards to the TE instead of to an open TO 20 yards downfield.

It all comes down to QB play. That is 80% of the Bills' problem right there.

Despite their injuries on defense they have played well....I just saw Miami shred the Jets D for the same amount as the Bills. The D kept them in the Saints' game, kept them in the Borwns game and the NE game.

The Dolphins shredded the Colts as much if not more than the Bills but the big difference was the Colts have a QB.....Manning does not have the WRs the Bills do....does not have as good a tandem of RBs but he is just simply light years ahead of our QB.

play calling and scouting. Like the Duke of Wellington said at Wterloo "They came at us in the same old way and we killed them in the same old way"

The announcers for Sundays game were calling plays before the Bills ran them. There is no ingenuity on this team. No plays setting up other plays, my God try something different- anything.

Trent Edwards is the sniper who can't pull the trigger. It doesn't matter how well prepared he may be, how smart he is, or how fast he can diagnose the defense. If he doesn't have the fortitude to chuck it, nothing else matters

Bingo! He may run the play well 9/10 times on practice but then it comes to the game and he misses that 1/2 second window to throw the ball and then checks down for a 2 yard gain....somehow that is the coaches fault.

You have a GREAT WR combo but he refuses to throw to them and anyone who is at the games does see they are open and the coaches add that as well.

My biggiest beef with Jauron is not taking Edwards out even for a half when it is obvious he is having a putrid game

I'd love to see Trent look down the field, decide nothing is open enough for him to throw at, look at his check down receiver, pump fake to the check down guy and then throw deep. All the DBs immediately leave their receiver when they see Trent start to check down. The WRs will all be wide open. Even this wimp could hit them then.

Do this a few times and the D will be laying off the check down guy and that play will start working again as well.

But then I won't see it, cause I am giving up on this team this year, they gave up already. More exciting reading a book on Sunday or something.

Bingo! He may run the play well 9/10 times on practice but then it comes to the game and he misses that 1/2 second window to throw the ball and then checks down for a 2 yard gain....somehow that is the coaches fault.

You have a GREAT WR combo but he refuses to throw to them and anyone who is at the games does see they are open and the coaches add that as well.

My biggiest beef with Jauron is not taking Edwards out even for a half when it is obvious he is having a putrid game

You have a GREAT WR combo...this is a fallacy. We have one potential great receiver in TO who has a lot of heart. We have one guy that quit a year ago by the name of Lee.

Trent Edwards is the sniper who can't pull the trigger. It doesn't matter how well prepared he may be, how smart he is, or how fast he can diagnose the defense. If he doesn't have the fortitude to chuck it, nothing else matters

Excellent point. The guy just doesn't have IT. Why put the fan through anymore of this? McNabb was benched last year as well. Look at how he has responded since. Not saying Trent is half the QB McNabb is but he has never learned humility for the simple fact that he was the only guy and his spot was given to him.

Guest dog14787
The Fins OL was semi patchwork when the year started and look at what they have done for Henne in the past few games. hate to say it but that rolling pocket call on the 20 was excellent. Their WRs have half the talent ours do but still get open and make plays. I hate beating the coaching drum but my god I want to throw a fist through my TV when I watch this offense.

Why not throw Lunch or Freddie in the Wildcat or "WildBill" (that's my trademark)

If AVP wants to keep his job he needs to start installing some new plays. The guy looked like a genius in week 1. Can someone tell me what has changed?

Not having Turk Shonerts game plan, that's what changed. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I really enjoy reading all your posts, I haven't really been one to get involved as sometime I think the discussion gets a little crazy and overboard. I do realize though everyone has an opinion of what they would like to see happen with this team.

Do you guys think as well AVP is a big part of the problem? Not withstanding the brutal play of our players I believe in the NE game AVP kind of came in, was unknown to his play calling and how he would call a game. I think now that teams have had study tape on the type of he games he calls, it could be evident that he is just not a good OC. He said the one game himself he didn't adjust well to what the Saints were doing. I mean what makes AVP so special.

I don't know, so many problems with this team right now it's a bummer because I agree with previous posters that

you see a dolphins team with a lot of less talent in key positions going out and playing inspired football.

I know a lot of you think firing a head coach mid season seems pointless and I agree if all they would do is bring in an interim coach from this team. I want to see a proven head coach come in here right away if for the only reason it gets

the mentality of this team on the right track. Hand him to the keys to the ship and let him build a team. Ralph bud out, Russ Brandon again, bud out as I don't think he helps matters.

I couldn't help but love to see how excited Mcdaniels was at the end of his game, jumping around after a big win. I really want a coach who has some fire under his belly.

Excellent point. The guy just doesn't have IT. Why put the fan through anymore of this? McNabb was benched last year as well. Look at how he has responded since. Not saying Trent is half the QB McNabb is but he has never learned humility for the simple fact that he was the only guy and his spot was given to him.

I wish my memory was that short. Actually it wasn't given to him, JP was sucking bad and they put him in when JP got hurt. Then when JP came back Trent looked better and they went with him after JP called himself out.

Trent looked good, and has regressed since then. He actually looked like a decent QB through the first 6 games of last year and in the 1st 2 games of this year. His biggest problem is that he can't pull the trigger without clear separation, not that he didn't earn it over stars like Losman and Hamdan.

I'd love to see Trent look down the field, decide nothing is open enough for him to throw at, look at his check down receiver, pump fake to the check down guy and then throw deep. All the DBs immediately leave their receiver when they see Trent start to check down. The WRs will all be wide open. Even this wimp could hit them then.

Do this a few times and the D will be laying off the check down guy and that play will start working again as well.

Do that once and he'd be in the hospital after getting hit by all 4 pass rushers at the same time.

But seriously, why doesn't AVP give him a play with no 'check down' option? Why not send both TO and Lee deep and tell him "as soon as the deep saftey starts toward one of them, throw it to the other". Gotta get the guy in the habit of throwing the ball more than 5 yards.

Do that once and he'd be in the hospital after getting hit by all 4 pass rushers at the same time.

But seriously, why doesn't AVP give him a play with no 'check down' option? Why not send both TO and Lee deep and tell him "as soon as the deep saftey starts toward one of them, throw it to the other". Gotta get the guy in the habit of throwing the ball more than 5 yards.

I think someone who posted yesterday may have had a point: Edwards is making his reads before the snap, not after. Telling him to make a read after he actually gets the ball might be...extraordinarily sensible, hence not part of the Bills' offensive philosophy.

The first thing they need to do is get rid of the no huddle. The only people getting fooled is the offensive line because they don't appear to know the snap count on half the plays.

Watch what Miami did, learn.

Try and run the wildcat with Lynch and Jackson against the Jets. They won't be prepared for it since the Bills never do anything creative so who'd expect it?

Give Edwards a rest. Fitz might not be the answer but its obvious Edwards is regressing every week. He needs to sit. And if it hurts his confidence he needs his mommy to tell him its time to grow a pair. Show some maturity, and man-up.

Since you are not allowed to score less than zero the offense might hit bottom this coming Sunday.

Its been stated many times before, but move Maybin to LB, even if its for blitz packages on 3rd down. For one, we don't have many left, and second, get the guy on the field because he's not contributing riding the bench, and last he's done nothing at DE. Its rumored that he's been on the field this year.

Unfortunately, I expect none of the above to happen because why take chances, you might lose......