ESPN Insider: TO a fit in Chicago?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't tell me you are putting your eggs in the James Hardy basket!!! If TE can't get the ball to LE and TO what in the world leads you to believe that an unproven injury-prone player will do any better.

This has nothing to do with the WR's. It is all about the line.

Well, hopefully he understands what a route is now. :w00t:

Chicago and Baltimore are both great fits for TO. I know he's friends with Ray Lewis also. It's a good idea to unload TO, no doubt about it. I think he's a very good receiver that's being wasted in Buffalo, and we would benefit more as a team if we got something in return for him right now. Do it. He should bring back a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I like the idea. We could dangle him between two division rivals, the bidding war between two NFC or AFC teams could net us a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Wait, how is Evans ever going to get open (like everyone said he would) without TO on the other side? TO was the answer to everything - right? But that was probably before the OL was jettisoned :w00t:

hahaahahah. Evans couldn't get open if no one was covering his lazy ass.

He was the only decent receiving threat on the field yesterday too. He should have had a TD if Edwards throws a decent pass. But the tickets have been sold; he can go. I don't know about you, but the thought of drafting a mediocre guard or safety in the late fourth round is too appealing to resist.

Perfectly explained, the key statement that you made was "if Edwards throws a decent pass."

Please don't tell me you are putting your eggs in the James Hardy basket!!! If TE can't get the ball to LE and TO what in the world leads you to believe that an unproven injury-prone player will do any better.

This has nothing to do with the WR's. It is all about the line.

I don't think you're getting the point. TO isn't going to get us to the playoffs this year, and there is no way in hell that he will want to resign with us next season.

We'll have Evans, Hardy, Reed, Johnson, and Parrish :w00t: as our receivers for the rest of the season. That and Nelson and Fine at tight end. We need to evaluate the talent we have right now. If Hardy isn't our guy, we need to find out THIS season.

hahaahahah. Evans couldn't get open if no one was covering his lazy ass.

Really? He's got two 1,000 yard seasons with terrible quarterbacks. I'm pretty sure he can get open. Edwards can't get him the ball. The o-line is a big part of that problem, but Edwards vision is the primary reason for it. And this no huddle offense is destroying us...

So we could trade T.O. for another smallish DB from a Big 10/PAC 10 school? Ooh, I'm in.

C'mon now, any draft picks aquired in the trade would be used by the new FO/coach.

And maybe the new staff will have a fetish for 180lb running backs. Or 5'8" QBs. Maybe the Bills have a first round fullback in their future.

Let's not limit our opportunities when Dick and friends are gone.

I don't think you're getting the point. TO isn't going to get us to the playoffs this year, and there is no way in hell that he will want to resign with us next season.

We'll have Evans, Hardy, Reed, Johnson, and Parrish :w00t: as our receivers for the rest of the season. That and Nelson and Fine at tight end. We need to evaluate the talent we have right now. If Hardy isn't our guy, we need to find out THIS season.

I got you. But, did you think we were going to the playoffs when TO was signed?

I actually heard Mike Golic mention this on his show this morning. Hope that's not where Shefter got this from....

On a side note, John Clayton speculated that Parrish would be a possibility to Washington because they're unhappy with Randle El, and that the T.O. thing was NOT going to happen... for what it's worth.

Pure speculation by Schefter. It is what lazy reporters do.

In spite of your criticism of Schefter and his unfortunate line about "the last year of a one-year contract," it is very clear that Schefter is "playing GM" and does not mislead his readers into thinking that it's anything more than that.

Adam Schefter is a pretty hard-working, conscientious guy IMO.

You're exactly right. No one has mentioned yet that if we somehow don't move him before the trade deadline that we can slap him with the franchise tag at the end of this season and still trade his rights. Because of this, the Bills might be able to get a nicer price than a mid-round pick.

I actually heard Mike Golic mention this on his show this morning. Hope that's not where Shefter got this from....

On a side note, John Clayton speculated that Parrish would be a possibility to Washington because they're unhappy with Randle El, and that the T.O. thing was NOT going to happen... for what it's worth.

If I'm Washington, even though they are 2-3 and still alive, I'm thinking of this year as a rebuilding year. Everyone knows they're gonna have a new coach soon and that with their age and injuries that this year is just about shot. So IMO, Washington won't be motivated to bring a lot of people on board.

Of course I thought there was no way they'd ever sign Albert Haynesworth so I don't have much luck figuring out what that organization is doing.