Look at Orton today: Clearly coaching matters

Got_Wood

He looks like a completely different QB with Josh McDaniels coaching. This kid has all of the same tools Edwards has, but he's being coached to succeed. The firing of Jauron can't happen soon enough...

Denver perennially has one of the best lines in football. Huge difference.

Not that you're wrong. Coaching matters.

Seriously, we (in theory) should be able to play the same type of game the Broncos are against the Pats. But they execute, we implode or worse...

Completely different?!?!?!? LOL.

Apparently this is the first time you have ever seen Orton play. Orton has been a good QB for a while. Move him from Chicago, where WR go to die according to Mushin Muhamed, to Denver with Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall and Daniel Graham and SURPRISE!!! He's even better.

Quit making excuses. Trent blows. The sooner you realize that the less it will hurt later when your delusion is shattered.

Apparently this is the first time you have ever seen Orton play. Orton has been a good QB for a while. Move him from Chicago, where WR go to die according to Mushin Muhamed, to Denver with Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall and Scheffler and SURPRISE!!! He's even better.

Quit making excuses. Trent blows. The sooner you realize that the less it will hurt later when your delusion is shattered.

Orton was terrible in Chicago. Atrocious actually.

I don't think Edwards is capable of being great. But I think he could be much better with a quality coach guiding him along. Did you see our offense at the end of the game? Running around confused before the snap, not sure where to lineup. It's embarrassing. Everything about the way this team is managed is embarrassing.

I don't think Edwards is capable of being great. But I think he could be much better with a quality coach guiding him along. Did you see our offense at the end of the game? Running around confused before the snap, not sure where to lineup. It's embarrassing. Everything about the way this team is managed is embarrassing.

Orton was about as awful a quarterback as I've ever seen, when he was playing in Chicago. Now he's in Denver, and throwing for well over 300 yards. I can't imagine a scenario, ever, where Edwards throws for 300 yards.

REALLY?

Kyle Orton

2008 15games 2,972yds 18tds 12ints 79.6

WITH THE LEAGUES WORST WRS TO BOOT!!?!?

You're kidding right? If THAT is atrocious what do you make of Trent's numbers from 2008?

Trent Edwards

2008 14games 2,699yds 11tds 10ints 85.4

Orton put points on the board with worse WRs AND WE HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE NFL LAST YEAR! If Orton was atrocious there isn't a word in the English language that describes how bad Trent is.

REALLY?

Kyle Orton

2008 15games 2,972yds 18tds 12ints 79.6

WITH THE LEAGUES WORST WRS TO BOOT!!?!?

You're kidding right? If THAT is atrocious what do you make of Trent's numbers from 2008?

Trent Edwards

2008 14games 2,699yds 11tds 10ints 85.4

Orton put points on the board with worse WRs AND WE HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE NFL LAST YEAR! If Orton was atrocious there isn't a word in the English language that describes how bad Trent is.

Ortons First year starting: 1,869 yds 9 TDs 13 Ints

Bottom line is, he wasn't very good. Even with those numbers from last year. JP Losman put up 3,051 yds 19 TDs and 14 Ints for us one year. Are you telling me he is good?

McDaniels took Orton to the next level. There is no question about it.

He looks like a completely different QB with Josh McDaniels coaching. This kid has all of the same tools Edwards has, but he's being coached to succeed. The firing of Jauron can't happen soon enough...

he has a stronger arm than edwards and orton will sling the ball. trent is just wrthless as hell

Ortons First year starting: 1,869 yds 9 TDs 13 Ints

Bottom line is, he wasn't very good. Even with those numbers from last year. JP Losman put up 3,051 yds 19 TDs and 14 Ints for us one year. Are you telling me he is good?

McDaniels took Orton to the next level. There is no question about it.

Did I miss the part where the time machine comes in and makes your point valid???? DUDE Kyle Orton from 2008 became a 2009 Bronco not 2005 Kyle Orton. THAT is what McDaniels inherited. If you want to feel like you won some moral victory I'll give you that 2005 Orton sucked ass. The only point that matters is that the man and QB he became and was while still in Chicago in 2008 is what McDaniels got. McDaniels AND the WR and TEs on that team are helping Orton to continue to improve. You guys are ridiculous that lay the failure or success of a QB mainly on the coach.

Next I suppose you'll bring up some stat for Orton in high school like that matters either.

No how about showing me some character and commenting on Edwards 2008 stats with a better set of WR vs Orton 2008 stats?

Did I miss the part where the time machine comes in and makes your point valid???? DUDE Kyle Orton from 2008 became a 2009 Bronco not 2005 Kyle Orton. THAT is what McDaniels inherited. If you want to feel like you won some moral victory I'll give you that 2005 Orton sucked ass. The only point that matters is that the man and QB he became and was while still in Chicago in 2008 is what McDaniels got. McDaniels AND the WR and TEs on that team are helping Orton to continue to improve. You guys are ridiculous that lay the failure or success of a QB mainly on the coach.

Next I suppose you'll bring up some stat for Orton in high school like that matters either.

No how about showing me some character and commenting on Edwards 2008 stats with a better set of WR vs Orton 2008 stats?

Like I said, I don't think Edwards has the potential to be great. I'm simply pointing out the fact that coaching can make a player better. A system that is designed for success will do wonders for you as a QB. Are you saying that Orton would have been this good if he played on Chicago again this year? I don't think so. McDaniels is taking him to the next level.

I think that this thread is more about the fact that our coaching sucks than trying to defend Edwards.

You're absolutely right....It will never happen here with a coach who doesn't demand excellence... The Buffalo Bills are "officially" irrelevant. Another wasted season.

Like I said, I don't think Edwards has the potential to be great. I'm simply pointing out the fact that coaching can make a player better. A system that is designed for success will do wonders for you as a QB. Are you saying that Orton would have been this good if he played on Chicago again this year? I don't think so. McDaniels is taking him to the next level.

I think that this thread is more about the fact that our coaching sucks than trying to defend Edwards.

If Kyle Orton had that team but coached by Lovie Smith? Hell ya he would be better. I believe that the players he has around him are MUCH MUCH better on offense. And yes, McDaniels DOES also help but the WRs and TEs around him went from a D+ to an A. THAT is a bigger factor.

If Kyle Orton had that team but coached by Lovie Smith? Hell ya he would be better. I believe that the players he has around him are MUCH MUCH better on offense. And yes, McDaniels DOES also help but the WRs and TEs around him went from a D+ to an A. THAT is a bigger factor.

Point taken. I also think both have a lot to do with Orton's success. Whether or not Edwards makes it as the Bills QB, we need a change BIG TIME in our coaching staff. We need a disciplinarian, a film rat, a leader, and a guy that can get his players fired up. No more second rate push overs here in Buffalo.

Apparently this is the first time you have ever seen Orton play. Orton has been a good QB for a while. Move him from Chicago, where WR go to die according to Mushin Muhamed, to Denver with Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall and Daniel Graham and SURPRISE!!! He's even better.

Orton has been good for a while???? He's looked worse than Edwards and even JP Losman at times. He definitely looked worse than Trent before this season. Have you ever seen his #s or watched him play?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/c...yCEwcCGS8b.uLYF

Please tell me which season you thought was good before this one. I'll wait.

Orton has been good for a while???? He's looked worse than Edwards and even JP Losman at times. He definitely looked worse than Trent before this season. Have you ever seen his #s or watched him play?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/c...yCEwcCGS8b.uLYF

Please tell me which season you thought was good before this one. I'll wait.

Last season: Orton 18 TDS, 12 Ints; Edwards: 11 TDs 10 Ints.

Edwards has never looked better than Orton. Orton also looked way better than Edwards did in college.

Last season: Orton 18 TDS, 12 Ints; Edwards: 11 TDs 10 Ints.

Edwards has never looked better than Orton. Orton also looked way better than Edwards did in college.

The blind love some Bills fans have for Edwards is bizarre. I wonder what fans of other teams think of Edwards.