Look at Orton today: Clearly coaching matters

Got_Wood

He looks like a completely different QB with Josh McDaniels coaching. This kid has all of the same tools Edwards has, but he's being coached to succeed. The firing of Jauron can't happen soon enough...

Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl. So did Doug Williams. Coaching - and a competent FO - makes a difference. :thumbsup:

Ortons First year starting: 1,869 yds 9 TDs 13 Ints

Bottom line is, he wasn't very good. Even with those numbers from last year. JP Losman put up 3,051 yds 19 TDs and 14 Ints for us one year. Are you telling me he is good?

McDaniels took Orton to the next level. There is no question about it.

Yea, I'm telling you he's better than Edwards, prove otherwise

Orton was terrible in Chicago. Atrocious actually.

I don't think Edwards is capable of being great. But I think he could be much better with a quality coach guiding him along. Did you see our offense at the end of the game? Running around confused before the snap, not sure where to lineup. It's embarrassing. Everything about the way this team is managed is embarrassing.

Orton was not that bad in Chicago at all. He threw 18 tds to 12 ints last year with one of the worst receiving cores in football. Their best receiver was a converted kick returner. And his record was 21-12 as a starter. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

I've been on record since the day of the trade that because Cutler forced the issue, Denver made the absolute best trade they could make. Orton is a very solid NFL QB and has been for the last 2 years.

I've never understood the whole Rodney Dangerfield thing with Kyle Orton. Say what you want, but all he does is win. In 2005, Rex Grossman got hurt in the like the second game and by many Chicagolanders the season was written off. Kyle Orton comes in and they win 10 out or 12 before Rex comes back and looks good but they lose. I'd take Rex in a heartbeat over a lot of QBs in the NFL. Ws is the only stat that counts. Some QBs know how to win, some don't. Kyle knows how. Trent doesn't have a clue.

Orton was not that bad in Chicago at all. He threw 18 tds to 12 ints last year with one of the worst receiving cores in football. Their best receiver was a converted kick returner. And his record was 21-12 as a starter. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

I've been on record since the day of the trade that because Cutler forced the issue, Denver made the absolute best trade they could make. Orton is a very solid NFL QB and has been for the last 2 years.

Now make his record 26--12 as a starter. I'd take him any day.