"Bullcrap. We’re going to get it right."

UB2SF

I am among the majority of fans who are not only sick of the team's recent performance on the field, but also sick of the same cliche quotes from coaches and players about the situation. In the BB.com article about moving Mitchell to the "mike" position, there were some quotes from Perry Fewell that at least showed some grasp of reality. For example:

“If you look at the tape and as I looked at it with the entire defense there were 26 plays and there was a mistake made on every play,” said Fewell. “They did not do that in practice. For whatever reason, I don’t know, they didn’t fit it and didn’t get it done like we wanted to get it done and so I’m not going to stand there and say, ‘Well that’s okay fellas, we’re going to put the same guys on the field and do the same thing again.’ Bullcrap. We’re going to get it right.”

I don't have complete faith that they'll actually "get it right" this weekend, but at least Perry is speaking the truth.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what Palmer can do. I was very impressed in preseason with his athleticism and attitude.

No wonder we suck. He's saying things work in practice??

Of course they do, in practice the cover 2 formation where you back off all the corners 15 yards works because Trent Edwards doesn't look at his receivers.

Edit: To be more on point. I actually think the upgrade of Ashlee Palmer is just another sad indicator that the powers to be in our front office were so poor at acquiring depth that Fewell is just throwing whatever crap they gave him at linebacker in the mix.

Wow - not exactly a ringing endorsement of Buggs' play

I do take pride in the fact that I am (going) in there during a time that we’re having some problems. I have always felt that the ‘mike’ is the one that takes responsibility for all that

There were a lot of mistakes that were made and we have to have somebody that can take control, run the defense and have confidence in what you’re doing and how to get it done. So I had to go with the person who I felt could do that.”

And my favorite quote from Kelsay - now our standards are so low that being able to yell is a strong positive

everybody should be able to hear him so that’s definitely good.

:beer:

Buggs, like Corto and Palmer, are UDFA's. There have been UDFA's who've succeeded, but generally they don't cut it. Exception person can say something about the James Harrison's of the NFL, but it's not likely. Let's see what Palmer can do I guess, because it's not like they've got a lot of options.

It's nice to see someone express anger about the garbage play which they showed on Sunday. Dick Jauron will remain the same, and I've got to believe that Fewell knows his career could be in jeopardy after his defenses yielded 472 rushing yards in two games.

Of course they do, in practice the cover 2 formation where you back off all the corners 15 yards works because Trent Edwards doesn't look at his receivers.

Edit: To be more on point. I actually think the upgrade of Ashlee Palmer is just another sad indicator that the powers to be in our front office were so poor at acquiring depth that Fewell is just throwing whatever crap they gave him at linebacker in the mix.

same reason Trent blows on Sundays

he practices all week with the DBs 10 yards off the WR so they are always wide open

no so much on Sundays when real teams play aggressive defense and the WRs are not as open as he is coached every day in practice.

Trentwards doesn't run the scout team. That would be Fitz or Hammy !@#$ing that up.

As for your edit...I think you're right.

Considering they've got Corto, Nic Harris, and Palmer at LB it seems they're taking the best of a bad lot. Entering the season with such youth and inexperience at the position is negligent on the front office's part. Then again, if cutting costs is the objective they've succeeded wonderfully. I'm sure the four backups aren't making what Mitchell does in one season.