'Riskiest' foods

Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim i've been to some great fish fry friday nights in Angola, NY ... and i'm glad it was not some deep fried haddock!

fish fry is great but its not a reason to accept anything fried!

Some of the best fish fry I've had and cooked was haddock. And who said anything about accepting anything fried? :wallbash:

Some of the best fish fry I've had and cooked was haddock. And who said anything about accepting anything fried? :wallbash:

OK i've checked because i did not understand how you could fry haddock! And i'm sorry!

The word "Haddock" in french is only used to described smoked cod (morue in french) or the fish you call in english haddock (and that we call in french aiglefin) . So well for me "fried haddock" was "fried smoked haddock"... something that is just barbarian cuisine!!

so i'm sorry! fry haddock is like fry cod... and i love it!!

OK i've checked because i did not understand how you could fry haddock! And i'm sorry!

The word "Haddock" in french is only used to described smoked cod (morue in french) or the fish you call in english haddock (and that we call in french aiglefin) . So well for me "fried haddock" was "fried smoked haddock"... something that is just barbarian cuisine!!

so i'm sorry! fry haddock is like fry cod... and i love it!!

No worries man. How many Americans think Boeuf a la mode is beef with ice cream. :doh:

As far as fish fry of the two I think cod is a bit better than haddock but the keys to a good fish fry is the batter, clean oil, fresh fish, and serving it right out of the fryer. The best fish fry I've ever had was at my dad's restaurant because the the reasons I mentioned but mostly because I ate fresh out of the fryer.

No worries man. How many Americans think Boeuf a la mode is beef with ice cream. :doh:

As far as fish fry of the two I think cod is a bit better than haddock but the keys to a good fish fry is the batter, clean oil, fresh fish, and serving it right out of the fryer. The best fish fry I've ever had was at my dad's restaurant because the the reasons I mentioned but mostly because I ate fresh out of the fryer.

i agree cod does better fish fry than aiglefin or haddock as you say!

first time i went in WNY i have immediatly loved the fish fry tradition because fish fry was something my mother used to buy me a lot when i was a kid .

i agree cod does better fish fry than aiglefin or haddock as you say!

first time i went in WNY i have immediatly loved the fish fry tradition because fish fry was something my mother used to buy me a lot when i was a kid .

At least you're not fricken Belgian and put vinegar on it.....I hope.

As I said it was the Belgians that do that. I assume when you think about that it will all make sense.

The Dutch love mayonnaise on french fries (or pommes frites for Olivier).

As I said it was the Belgians that do that. I assume when you think about that it will all make sense.

The Dutch love mayonnaise on french fries (or pommes frites for Olivier who seems to have a problem distinguishing his fried foods :unsure: ).

The Dutch love mayonnaise on french fries (or pommes frites for Olivier who seems to have a problem distinguishing his fried foods :unsure: ).

The Belgians do the mayo thing on their fries which I do like better than ketchup. Not a big fan of the ketchup.

At least you're not fricken Belgian and put vinegar on it.....I hope.

Vinegar on fries is tasty. Have you ever noticed though that there is nothing wose than cold french fries? (perhaps topped only by unsalted cold french fries). The other thing that is interesting is that there is no way to reheat them. Once they are cold they are just trash.

Vinegar on fries is tasty. Have you ever noticed though that there is nothing wose than cold french fries? (perhaps topped only by unsalted cold french fries). The other thing that is interesting is that there is no way to reheat them. Once they are cold they are just trash.

I'm a potato freak. I love them anyway....even cold. Not as good as hot of course but good none the less.