Regardless of what happens with DJ and TE

I mean.......Chambers and Scott played some of the worst OT play I have EVER seen.....I counted the the times they DIDNT get beat rather then when they did becaus there was so few......

I am not high on Edwards any more....but NOBODY was going to look good with the protection he got......SIX sacks?

OK.....Peters was not going to stay fine.......but then you cut the other veteran OT, then Butler goes on IR, then Bell gets hurt.....

For christ sake.....Stop the insanity and either trade for or bring in a veteran OT who can start in a pinch and move to RT when Bell returns.

is Runyon still out there?

My sentiments exactly, John!

I'm blindly going with the perception that vets available simply can't get it done anymore and that $$ isn't the issue. It will likely take a trade and I don't see any team parting with a starter.

Pretty grim chances, but jeez! we're only 4 games in. The thought of 12 more 'games' like the one we just witnessed is a fate worse than death!

I mean.......Chambers and Scott played some of the worst OT play I have EVER seen.....I counted the the times they DIDNT get beat rather then when they did becaus there was so few......

I am not high on Edwards any more....but NOBODY was going to look good with the protection he got......SIX sacks?

OK.....Peters was not going to stay fine.......but then you cut the other veteran OT, then Butler goes on IR, then Bell gets hurt.....

For christ sake.....Stop the insanity and either trade for or bring in a veteran OT who can start in a pinch and move to RT when Bell returns.

I hear Philly has a competent LT. He has ups and downs, but he's competent. Maybe we could trade... like a late first and some change... nah, competent LT's are hard to find. They'd probably turn us down.

I hear Philly has a competent LT. He has ups and downs, but he's competent. Maybe we could trade... like a late first and some change... nah, competent LT's are hard to find. They'd probably turn us down.

You just don't get it. Peters did not want to be here. His antics during the first holdout told us that. If memory serves our last offer to him was in the 10mil per year range. That is not exactly small change. He wanted out. Quit blaming it all on the FO.

You just don't get it. Peters did not want to be here. His antics during the first holdout told us that. If memory serves our last offer to him was in the 10mil per year range. That is not exactly small change. He wanted out. Quit blaming it all on the FO.

You mean the only holdout which happened after Russ Brandon told him that he could go !@#$ himself because he wasn't getting a new contract and after they had paid two other inferior lineman elite money?

The Front Office (Actually, they should be called the back end) is to blame for all of this!!! Everything! Jason Peters wanted out because he understood what kind of ineptitude he was trapped in... You're the one who doesn't get it... There needs to be some accountability... This franchise has done nothing for a decade. All of that STARTS AT THE TOP... not at LT, not at QB, not at PK...

And by the way, these clowns signing a veteran OT..? I mean a decent one? Almost laughable... They seem to think addition by subtraction is the best way... ala Langston Walker. No, they'll just stick with the status quo... I mean why not? The season tickets have been sold... That's all that is needed.

The FO should get some blame for not having some forethought. I mean they had to have known or had some incliation that they weren't going to keep Langston Walker for salary reasons. So it might have been wise to pursue a veteran OT in free agency incase the Demetrius Bell experiment failed or at the very least draft a player that could play OT. I suppose you could argue that Levitre might have thought ofa possiblity but by most accounts he was viewed as an OG prospect. The truth is the Bills cut Dockery and Walker and traded Peters leaving them with 3 holes in arguably the most important position in the game. I could see if they had to because we were tiht against the cap but we weren't.

But that costs money...and besides, we don't need to sell any more tickets, so we'll take a pass on that one. Thanks anyway though.

Regards - R.C. Wilson

The FO should get some blame for not having some forethought. I mean they had to have known or had some incliation that they weren't going to keep Langston Walker for salary reasons. So it might have been wise to pursue a veteran OT in free agency incase the Demetrius Bell experiment failed or at the very least draft a player that could play OT. I suppose you could argue that Levitre might have thought ofa possiblity but by most accounts he was viewed as an OG prospect. The truth is the Bills cut Dockery and Walker and traded Peters leaving them with 3 holes in arguably the most important position in the game. I could see if they had to because we were tiht against the cap but we weren't.

why would they think they were not going to keep Walker??

they had already paid him his multi-million $$ bonus in March - a huge indication from this team that they were keeping him. They had the same situation with Dockery and decided at the last minute to cut him to save his bonus money.

they had him playing LT for all of the off-season work.

they gutted their OL to save money -

so as bad as the OTs played, why did neither of them get any help from a RB or TE for the entire game?

what exactly was Van Pelt looking at from his air conditioned box???

But by all accounts, it was ectremely hot there. Perhaps the air was failing and Alex was overcome by the heat...vision blurred by sweat and thinking impaired by his massive girth overheating him...

The LT situation is a microcosm of why this team is blowing apart at the seams.

Ignoring all the stuff that led up to it, the Bills traded their starting, Pro Bowl LT. They don't bother to draft a tackle and stated publicly (and somewhat arrogantly) they didn't think they needed to adjust their draft board after the trade. They announce they already had a LT on the roster and that flipping Langston Walker from RT to LT was the plan. They go through camp and all of pre-season with Walker as the first-team LT and taking the reps. The backup LT is playing a little RT and injures his back and misses time. The week before the season they make their final cuts. They try to trade their LT. They have no takers and so they cut their second LT. They resign a swing tackle that cleared waivers. They start the kid that was their 3rd option at LT. He has had back trouble and gets injured. Who'd have seen that one, right? They then have to go with what is in essence a 4th string scab player that was out of the NFL entirely -- at both tackle positions.

Does that sound like a organization with superior planning that is going to be successful?

It's not like one couldn't see this train barrelling down the tunnel, either.

Ignoring all the stuff that led up to it, the Bills traded their starting, Pro Bowl LT. They don't bother to draft a tackle and stated publicly (and somewhat arrogantly) they didn't think they needed to adjust their draft board after the trade. They announce they already had a LT on the roster and that flipping Langston Walker from RT to LT was the plan. They go through camp and all of pre-season with Walker as the first-team LT and taking the reps. The backup LT is playing a little RT and injures his back and misses time. The week before the season they make their final cuts. They try to trade their LT. They have no takers and so they cut their second LT. They resign a swing tackle that cleared waivers. They start the kid that was their 3rd option at LT. He has had back trouble and gets injured. Who'd have seen that one, right? They then have to go with what is in essence a 4th string scab player that was out of the NFL entirely -- at both tackle positions.

Does that sound like a organization with superior planning that is going to be successful?

Don't forget to mention that when they chose to add an OT after Butler's injury, Buffalo (drum roll please) decided on getting a guy from the Packers PS who couldn't make the roster on a team badly in need of OT's.

Who is making decisions on this team, Ronald McDonald? They now have a guy cut from Detroit, a project second year man in Bell, and the cut-in-preseason Kirk Chambers. Throw in Jamon Meredith who GB parted with, and that's what I call EDIT: high risk. Trent may as well dig his grave with Mario Williams, Peppers, Abraham, Freeney, Mathis, Porter, the Jets, Pats and the Titans as future opponents.

This is what's maddening: they spend big money on WR's and RB's but won't protect the guy who's supposed to get the ball to them. Cue the circus music.

Brandon started this disaster in 2008 when he decided to strut his power in his first act as GM. He decided to play hardball with his best player and told him in Jan 2008 that he would be get no new deal in 2008.

Showing the arrogance typical of the Bills front office, he failed to address the consequences of an extended Peters holdout - which became quite likely as Peters did not show for any off-season activities before the draft.

so instead of drafting an elite LT (Ryan Clady) to give him leverage in his hardball play with Peters, he drafted another injury prone DB.

Brandon started this disaster in 2008 when he decided to strut his power in his first act as GM. He decided to play hardball with his best player and told him in Jan 2008 that he would be get no new deal in 2008.

Showing the arrogance typical of the Bills front office, he failed to address the consequences of an extended Peters holdout - which became quite likely as Peters did not show for any off-season activities before the draft.

so instead of drafting an elite LT (Ryan Clady) to give him leverage in his hardball play with Peters, he drafted another injury prone DB.

Brandon was just speaking on behalf of Wlson. He tried to be tough, but in the scheme of things, no one among NFL types respects him. I've read that he was practically laughed at while attending the combine. It's an insult to Bills fans that he's been "promoted" to such an important NFL position.

But oh yeah is he arrogant. If he we knew he could make big decisions and was good at them, I'd give him his due. Except he's nothing more than Mr. Smithers to Ralph's C. Montgomery Burns.

I used to work with a guy that smelled like cat piss, every day, all day. His name was-- jason peters. I kid you not, I swear to my late uncle George. The only difference, this version of JP was of caucasian variety.