11/3: Wilson fires Jauron; promotes Van Pelt to HC

Fast forward to February 16th, 2010:

After the dismal 4-12 season concludes, AVP is given a two year extension at $900k/yr. Says Wilson, "The team showed great energy under Alex the last half of the season, and I'm looking forward to him leading the Buffalo Bills back to prominence. I think we have a great nucleus here, and Alex will provide that continuity and competitive energy we need to get to the next level."

After the dismal 4-12 season concludes, AVP is given a two year extension at $900k/yr. Says Wilson, "The team showed great energy under Alex the last half of the season, and I'm looking forward to him leading the Buffalo Bills back to prominence. I think we have a great nucleus here, and Alex will provide that continuity and competitive energy we need to get to the next level."

Are you still drinking this morning?

I know You're kidding, but at the same time this type of move is REALLY what Bills Fans should fear...If they don't go out and get some help in the FO and a legit NFL HC...Well...We'll see soon enough... :thumbsup:

Why would Wilson wait until 2/16? Wouldn't he show his confidence in AVP by announcing the removal of the 'interim' label as soon as the season ends on 12/27? Leaving the franchise twisting aimlessly in the breeze for nearly 2 months would not help season ticket sales.

Why not just move Russ Brandon to HC? He would be cheaper than AVP. He had very little football knowledge when he was hired as GM/COO, so why not head coach. Git'er done Ralph...

Why would Wilson wait until 2/16? Wouldn't he show his confidence in AVP by announcing the removal of the 'interim' label as soon as the season ends on 12/27? Leaving the franchise twisting aimlessly in the breeze for nearly 2 months would not help season ticket sales.

Wilson is pretty good at leaving things twist in the wind for awhile... Since I'm inventing this semi-fictitious scenario, I've decided to go with the annual season's end Palm Beach meeting being the time Ralph prepares his "official endorsement" of AVP.