I hate Rodney Harrison

What's interesting and being swept under the rug here in the coverage of this is that in the initial interviews Lewis and Reed were comparing the officiating to that in the 2007 MNF game when (surprise, surprise) the Ravens got robbed on national TV against the Pats*. They seemed to be implying (correctly in my view) that that was not a coincidence. It's more than just the RTP calls--the PI call against Carr was an absolute joke, as was the 15 yarder against Harbaugh that followed it. This favoritism by the refs towards one team really needs to be looked into by the League.....

What's interesting and being swept under the rug here in the coverage of this is that in the initial interviews Lewis and Reed were comparing the officiating to that in the 2007 MNF game when (surprise, surprise) the Ravens got robbed on national TV against the Pats*. They seemed to be implying (correctly in my view) that that was not a coincidence. It's more than just the RTP calls--the PI call against Carr was an absolute joke, as was the 15 yarder against Harbaugh that followed it. This favoritism by the refs towards one team really needs to be looked into by the League.....

If you are implying that the refs favored the Pats in today's game then I'm not sure where that is coming from?

The penalty calls made on the Brady plays were correctly called. You can't hit a QB in the helmet and you can't hit a QB below the waist. The rules are explicit when it comes to this meaning their is no ref interpretation to be made .... if it happens then it's a penalty. In fact, the refs called the Pats for a 15 yarder for a glancing blow to the head of Flacco in this game as well.

The rules for helmet and below the waist shots may or may not suck but the ref's calls in these instances were consistent with the rules.

If you are implying that the refs favored the Pats in today's game then I'm not sure where that is coming from?

The penalty calls made on the Brady plays were correctly called. You can't hit a QB in the helmet and you can't hit a QB below the waist. The rules are explicit when it comes to this meaning their is no ref interpretation to be made .... if it happens then it's a penalty. In fact, the refs called the Pats for a 15 yarder for a glancing blow to the head of Flacco in this game as well.

The rules for helmet and below the waist shots may or may not suck but the ref's calls in these instances were consistent with the rules.

Read what I wrote, please. The PI call on Carr was complete garbage, as was the 15 yarder on Harbaugh that followed it--those are the kind of calls you only really seem to see in Pats* games. I mean when was the last time you saw a coach flagged for talking to an official? When I originally posted I had not seen the Suggs hit on Brady, but I have since and that was really, really weak. The guy was blocked into him and barely glanced him. The League really does need to look into this when it's one team every time that we seem to be talking about getting the benefit of bad calls......

During the halftime show, after highlights of the Pats* - Ravens game, regarding the roughing the passer call against Ray Lewis, told Tommie boy to "take off that skirt and put on some slacks", and to "toughen up."

LOL...I saw that too. At least he wasn't calling TO a clown.

Read what I wrote, please. The PI call on Carr was complete garbage, as was the 15 yarder on Harbaugh that followed it--those are the kind of calls you only really seem to see in Pats* games. I mean when was the last time you saw a coach flagged for talking to an official? When I originally posted I had not seen the Suggs hit on Brady, but I have since and that was really, really weak. The guy was blocked into him and barely glanced him. The League really does need to look into this when it's one team every time that we seem to be talking about getting the benefit of bad calls......

I think some people "see" beneficial calls even when they don't happen? :lol:

I have seen penalties called on the coaches before. You have no idea what was said on the sideline so it is inappropriate of you to criticize the penalty. I also saw the Suggs play and he hit Brady low. According to the rules that's a penalty.

The rules don't leave much room for interpretation. Touch a guy below the knees ... FLAG! Slap a QBs helmet ... FLAG! Pretty simple stuff.

I cannot imagine the level of frustration the Ravens fans must feel right now. It reminds me of Holmgren's comments after the Seahawks Superbowl loss about playing against two teams, one of them wearing striped shirts. To my knowledge, he was not fined for those comments. Must be the NFL front office agreed with him.