WTH was Edwards doing SMILING after the game

Bullpen,

You put a lot of thought into your post and I am going to flame it.....but let me answer it with this:

I work in a job at a University that is going through a state budget crisis......who each and every day is looking to find ways to save a buck to show they are doing something about it......I have taken a pay reduction to avoid being laid off and work two competely different jobs from the morning to the afternoon (payroll and student affairs) and I was basically told to find a way to make it happen or I would be gone.....the market is so @hitty right now that I have no choice but to make it happen.

So when something doesn't go right at MY job.....I dont tip back and few and move onto the next day.....no I carry it with me because I have a family to take care of and always have to be on my toes.....mistakes would get ME fired.

Now....obviousy this is not the exact same scenario.....this is a pro athlete who pays a game not work in an office but from my own perspective you will NOT see a smile on my face when something goes wrong at my job. I wished I worked at a job that I could just move on from a bad day like nothing happened but I dont.

It hits me from two directions......I dont understand how someone that cares about their job can have that kind of attitude AND I have a hard time justifying the money I put out for my Sunday NFL ticket....and without that I would never see a bills game here in California the way this team doesn't make the playoffs year after year.

That is just the way I look at it I guess. I want them to at least ACT like they care.....which is why Edwards made me mad today and I cant STAND DJ

John, I see your point and respect it, maybe I over simplified things a bit, but I guess the difference between him and us is he has some options to fall back on if this little NFL hobby of his doesn't work out and (to my knowledge) he doesn't have a family to take care of other than himself, his two cats, his hamster named "Ned" and a goldfish. He's afforded the luxury of ultimately answering to himself, whereas you and I (and many others here) have to answer to a wife, children, etc... I guess that's why I've already put this loss (and others) behind me. I've moved on because I have a son. wife and a job (with not a lot of other options in this economy) and that's more important that whatever "product" the folks at One Bills Drive are going to put out there each week. The fans deserve better, but we don't get that respect from the organization, so I've just re-prioritized where the Bills fall in importance in my life this year.

Hope that makes sense... and we agree to not necessarily disagree, but see things slightly different. Fair enough?

Why shouldn't they smile? They played hard. They did their best. They just aren’t good enough. It’s not going to change this year or any year that Ralph Wilson owns this team. Move on. I kind of envy these guys. You know. They understand something that we fans don't. Their whole life isn't out in that field. It's their job. It's not an obsession. If you have a bad day at work do you want your wife or kids razzing you the rest of the day/week?

Why shouldn't they smile? They played hard. They did their best. They just aren't good enough. It's not going to change this year or any year that Ralph Wilson owns this team. Move on. I kind of envy these guys. You know. They understand something that we fans don't. Their whole life isn't out in that field. It's their job. It's not an obsession. If you have a bad day at work do you want your wife or kids razzing you the rest of the day/week?

I want guys on my team that love to win and hate to lose. Mike Singletary is a guy like that and look at what it has done for the 9ers. Dick accepts losing and embraces mediocrity. That attitude has filtered down to the team.

Watch T.E.'s presser. In 4 minutes he says "I'll have to look at the film" about 5 times. Dick clone.

People have to realize that these players do hate losing. I am sure they wouldn't be in the NFL if they gave up or liked to lose. I am sure that many coached by PR staffers to avoid, be general and keep things in check during press conferences.

I signed off on that girly-man fukker when I caught him fixing his hair on the sidelines :thumbsup:

I've had it with these Cali QBs. Can we please get someone with some balls behind center? I never thought I'd see the day where I was wishing Kyle Orton was our QB.

:worthy:

That's funny stuff. You should put it in your web show this week.

I signed off on that girly-man fukker when I caught him fixing his hair on the sidelines :unsure:

I've had it with these Cali QBs. Can we please get someone with some balls behind center? I never thought I'd see the day where I was wishing Kyle Orton was our QB.

Jack Kemp was from CA. Daryle Lamonica, too. Troy Aikman, Jeff Garcia, and future Jets phenom Mark Sanchez as well. But I get your point - the Bills just seem to pick the wrong QBs from the Golden State. Hell, even JP - say what you will about him as a QB - had more balls than 'trentie-boy'.

I never thought I'd see the day that I wished our starting QB was...

Bob Orton