Tyler Myers

BuffaloBaumer

The Bills are just too pathetic forwords so I thought (oops another TD for Miami 24-3) wow, this is laughable. Anyhow, this kid is going to be the BEST D man Buffalo has ever seen. Sabres are going to the playoffs this year so all hope is not lost. Bills lose to Miami then Cleveland and it will hopefully end the disgraceful decade of Bills football.

I really can't believe how boring the Bills are - I mean REALLY BORING. Oops another turnover for Edwards - go get em kid

It's a little early to christen Myers as much of anything but the BILLS totally suck, which I expected going into the season.

Well I'm doin' it because the fans in this city need something to cling on to. You watch, Myers is the real deal - he was the true shining point in last night's game.

Not the game I watched. He spent a good portion of it looking pretty lost.

Then you were watching the wrong game because Myers was very impressive for the most part of his first NHL regular season game. He was very calm and collected in his own end, made the right decision when he had the puck, showed both his physicality and skill multiple times, while also proving that he can take a hit or two. Also, when Miller got ran a little bit after covering up the puck (I believe it was in the 2nd period) Myers was the first guy there to take down and rough up the opposing player who was the culprit. Not many defensemen on this team have done on a consistent basis over the past few seasons, and that's why our team has been soft as hell. I love what I saw from this kid in his first game and hope it continues. I really can't understand the sentiment of you thinking he looked lost. I know it's an opinion, but I'm struggling to find how that opinion of Myers could've been formed from that game.

Then you were watching the wrong game because Myers was very impressive for the most part of his first NHL regular season game. He was very calm and collected in his own end, made the right decision when he had the puck, showed both his physicality and skill multiple times, while also proving that he can take a hit or two. Also, when Miller got ran a little bit after covering up the puck (I believe it was in the 2nd period) Myers was the first guy there to take down and rough up the opposing player who was the culprit. Not many defensemen on this team have done on a consistent basis over the past few seasons, and that's why our team has been soft as hell. I love what I saw from this kid in his first game and hope it continues. I really can't understand the sentiment of you thinking he looked lost. I know it's an opinion, but I'm struggling to find how that opinion of Myers could've been formed from that game.

I didn't say he didn't show physicality or skill. I said he looked lost. There were numerous times when he was the weakside defender and he either didn't play his responsibility or left his responsibility far too early. If you have the tape, go back and watch the first penalty kill he played on.

The kid has talent you can't coach and the things I didn't like will go away with experience. It's not a big deal but I'm not wearing rose colored glasses where he's concerned. If Saturday night was an indication, don't be surprised when he's back in juniors in 8 more games.

I didn't say he didn't show physicality or skill. I said he looked lost. There were numerous times when he was the weakside defender and he either didn't play his responsibility or left his responsibility far too early. If you have the tape, go back and watch the first penalty kill he played on.

Are you sure aren't mistaking Tyler Myers for Henrik Tallinder? Because I actually have watched the entire game twice, and the player you are describing is Tallinder, not Myers. In my view, Myers was almost always in the correct position and played both the puck and the body well. For the majority of his first career start, he was the best defenseman the Sabres had out on the ice Saturday night, IMO. Nowhere near lost like #10 on Buffalo, that's for sure.

I think Thomas Vanek would like to say hi...

Perhaps he would like to score a goal as well, or at least be visible for any portion of a hockey game. If Vanek is a "star", he's going to need to dominate.

Are you sure aren't mistaking Tyler Myers for Henrik Tallinder? Because I actually have watched the entire game twice, and the player you are describing is Tallinder, not Myers. In my view, Myers was almost always in the correct position and played both the puck and the body well. For the majority of his first career start, he was the best defenseman the Sabres had out on the ice Saturday night, IMO. Nowhere near lost like #10 on Buffalo, that's for sure.

Judging from the few games Ive seen him play in jr's, I think he is Chara/Pronger capable. Not sure if he is as nasty as Pronger though. If he can get to that edge to him he is superstar material. imho

During the Game broadcast they mentioned that when Myers was in Kelowna, he loved the getting nasty, and punching out his opponents face. The coach had to put a stop to it because he needed him on the ice and not in the box. They also remarked that he was actually pretty good at it. :flirt::ph34r:

During the Game broadcast they mentioned that when Myers was in Kelowna, he loved the getting nasty, and punching out his opponents face. The coach had to put a stop to it because he needed him on the ice and not in the box. They also remarked that he was actually pretty good at it. :flirt::ph34r:

Good news for the Sabres. If he ends up being half the player Pronger is, Sabre fans will be more than happy with him. Another player you guys got that was also on Team Canada Jr champ team is Tyler Innis. Should be another quality guy in the near future

Good news for the Sabres. If he ends up being half the player Pronger is, Sabre fans will be more than happy with him. Another player you guys got that was also on Team Canada Jr champ team is Tyler Innis. Should be another quality guy in the near future

Lets not forget, Pronger wasn't Pronger until he was in the league for several years. Right now Myers is in a much better situation where he doesn't have to bear the burden of a franchise, like Chris did for Hartford. It took the trade to St. Louis for him to finally blossom 3-4 years into his NHL career.

Tyler Ennis was one of the better players in camp but he needs seasoning and will benefit from some time in the AHL. Unfortunately, the Sabres have a log jam of forwards under contract. Not particularly good forwards but they are there none-the-less. It's nice to see Kennedy getting a chance. Gerbe is probably next on the call up list with Ennis closely following.

Lets not forget, Pronger wasn't Pronger until he was in the league for several years. Right now Myers is in a much better situation where he doesn't have to bear the burden of a franchise, like Chris did for Hartford. It took the trade to St. Louis for him to finally blossom 3-4 years into his NHL career.

Tyler Ennis was one of the better players in camp but he needs seasoning and will benefit from some time in the AHL. Unfortunately, the Sabres have a log jam of forwards under contract. Not particularly good forwards but they are there none-the-less. It's nice to see Kennedy getting a chance. Gerbe is probably next on the call up list with Ennis closely following.

All in all a nice situation to be in. Maybe one of their proven forwards can be moved for younger blood late in the season. Sabres are going to be pretty decent this year I believe. They didn't lose a lot in the off season and I have always liked Miller in net. Nice solid leader in Rivet on defense. I wish the Sharks could have kept him as depth on their blue line is a question.

• 3 months later...