When does benching Trent Edwards become a consideration?

Slo_Bills

I starting thinking about this as I was thinking about the outcome to the Miami game. I watched and re-watched all the games (thanks tivo). We are 1-2 and if we lose today we will be 1-3 and worst 0-2 in the division. Now I know we're having line issue the defense is banged up and I'm not putting all blame on Edwards, but when does he start being held accountable. We also know our coaching staff as a whole have to rank at best the bottom third in the league as far as in game adjustment and just plain being able to outsmart/outwit an opposing staff. Be that as it may, Trent have not hit the open man when

A.) they've been open; he haven't made the correct read or just to gunshy to pull the trigger (hence the moniker El Capitan Checkdown, Trenative Checkwards <--hilarious :lol: or

B.) he's just plain overthrew them.

We can place blame on the changing of the OC ten days before the season started, but my point is this: This is Trent's 3rd year (well 2.5 technically) and the bottom line he not playing as if he's having that break out season, he seems to be stuck in neutral with the same ole excuses. "We have to get "enter some offensive here player(s)" more involved". "I'm just taking what the defense is giving me" "I'm not going to force the issue, I'm going to go through my reads...... blah blah blah blah! We've all heard / seen post game interviews and we as the biggest fan have armchair quaterbacked it. SO I say hey in closing (sorry if I rambled) if we lose today how bad can it really be to give old Fitzpatrick (or even Hamadan for that matter) a try. We'll at worst know by the end the year if we'll be looking for a 1st round QB in the upcoming draft. Would love to know you guys and gals take on this is.

OH and for the record I'm a Trent supporter and hope to goodness that goes out throw for 250 yards w/ 2TD today and we win so the aforemention post would be moot!! I'm not the DOOM and GLOOM type GO BILLS!!!

Trent is playing exactly the way he is being coached: safe. Avoid the turnover at all costs. Don't take chances.

No way he'll be benched, because he's doing precisely the thing the coaches have been asking him to do.

I starting thinking about this as I was thinking about the outcome to the Miami game. I watched and re-watched all the games (thanks tivo). We are 1-2 and if we lose today we will be 1-3 and worst 0-2 in the division. Now I know we're having line issue the defense is banged up and I'm not putting all blame on Edwards, but when does he start being held accountable. We also know our coaching staff as a whole have to rank at best the bottom third in the league as far as in game adjustment and just plain being able to outsmart/outwit an opposing staff. Be that as it may, Trent have not hit the open man when

A.) they've been open; he haven't made the correct read or just to gunshy to pull the trigger (hence the moniker El Capitan Checkdown, Trenative Checkwards <--hilarious :lol: or

B.) he's just plain overthrew them.

We can place blame on the changing of the OC ten days before the season started, but my point is this: This is Trent's 3rd year (well 2.5 technically) and the bottom line he not playing as if he's having that break out season, he seems to be stuck in neutral with the same ole excuses. "We have to get "enter some offensive here player(s)" more involved". "I'm just taking what the defense is giving me" "I'm not going to force the issue, I'm going to go through my reads...... blah blah blah blah! We've all heard / seen post game interviews and we as the biggest fan have armchair quaterbacked it. SO I say hey in closing (sorry if I rambled) if we lose today how bad can it really be to give old Fitzpatrick (or even Hamadan for that matter) a try. We'll at worst know by the end the year if we'll be looking for a 1st round QB in the upcoming draft. Would love to know you guys and gals take on this is.

OH and for the record I'm a Trent supporter and hope to goodness that goes out throw for 250 yards w/ 2TD today and we win so the aforemention post would be moot!! I'm not the DOOM and GLOOM type GO BILLS!!!

when you find your brain. just ridiculous. if the giants listened to people like you concerning young QB's when he was stinking up the stadium what kind of mistake would that have been?

you obviously dont know much about young QB's he played 2 great games has a poor one(which was not all his fault their was plenty of blame to go around) and you dumbies talk about benching the guy.

get it thru all your collective thick heads trent is not getting benched this year and anyone who suggests otherwise is an idiot!

Forget about it - I'd love to see Fitzpatrick get a shot but, as long as Jauron is coach, the only way 'Trenters' leaves the game is on the back of a John Deere.

Senator, once again, no offense, but you've been wanting Trent to be benched since october 28th, 2007. The fact of the matter is that Trent has played very well in 2 games and poor in the other, and if McKelvin hadn't of fumbled that ball in N.E, we would be sitting in very good shape today.

And even in the game that he did play poor in, the line played even worse.

Your admission of Fitzpatrick being a better option, says one of two things, either you are legally blind or that you have a deep hatred for our current QB.

I wonder which one it is, hmmm :lol:

Trent is playing exactly the way he is being coached: safe. Avoid the turnover at all costs. Don't take chances.

No way he'll be benched, because he's doing precisely the thing the coaches have been asking him to do.

Whoa....hold up there. You might confuse Sentor Simpleton with that fancy logic stuff.

Senator, once again, no offense, but you've been wanting Trent to be benched since october 28th, 2007. The fact of the matter is that Trent has played very well in 2 games and poor in the other, and if McKelvin hadn't of fumbled that ball in N.E, we would be sitting in very good shape today.

And even in the game that he did play poor in, the line played even worse.

Your admission of Fitzpatrick being a better option, says one of two things, either you are legally blind or that you have a deep hatred for our current QB.

I wonder which one it is, hmmm :(

Myopic, yes; legally blind, no. :lol:

And, as far as I can recall, I made no "admission" that Fitz was a "better option" - only a statement that I'm ready to see what he can do.

But, w/out wishing to get into a 'pissing contest', your "legally blind" comment has me wondering - how many games have you seen Fitzpatrick play?

he played 2 great games has a poor one(which was not all his fault their was plenty of blame to go around) and you dumbies talk about benching the guy.

get it thru all your collective thick heads trent is not getting benched this year and anyone who suggests otherwise is an idiot!

Great games? Hardly. But I believe you are correct when you say TE will not be benched as long as he is doing what his coaches are asking him to do.

when you find your brain. just ridiculous. if the giants listened to people like you concerning young QB's when he was stinking up the stadium what kind of mistake would that have been?

you obviously dont know much about young QB's he played 2 great games has a poor one(which was not all his fault their was plenty of blame to go around) and you dumbies talk about benching the guy.

WHOA somebody didn't have there warm milk beforing going to bed!! :( I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you, I asked WHEN IS IT A CONSIDERATION!!!!! and wrote some supporting factors to WHY it may be a CONSIDERATION. SO I take your giving a NAY on the CONSIDERATION of attempting to jump start our team IF AND ONLY IF (as I mentioned early) we LOSE. Man take a CHILL PILL! I would CONSIDER continuing with this response but I know I need to spoon feed you, SO we'll emphasize the word CONSIDER (OR CONSIDERATION) because you obviously don't know the meaning. :lol:

You know what on second thought have a beer on me :lol: GEEZ CONSIDER it a token of apprecation from me for giving you humble (<---sarcasm) opinion

When? How about when he has more than one bad game?????

Why does no one acknowledge that our line got schooled last week? They are young and IMO will be great for a long time, but they got taken to town last week. TE had abot 2 seconds to throw and lost about one every other play picking the snap off the turf....as the line gets better so will the longer game.

Or we can just run another young QB ot of town, draft a new one and then run him out in 3 yrs.

Before you start calling everyone who doesn't share your opinions a "Simpleton" - or worse, "idiots" - try to remember, KD, that no one has a monopoly on virtue or intelligence - not even you. :lol:

Gee....you think that's getting more clever every time you post it? :(

And yes, people who continue to engage in mindless QB bashing without understanding the coaching/game planning and continue with 'I hate JP/TE and you're a 'ball-washer'' debates are indeed simpletons and idiots. But don't worry, there's no monopoly on that either so you'll continue to have plenty of company.

Carry on the crusade. :lol:

Gee....you think that's getting more clever every time you post it? :lol:

No - just easier for you to comprehend....

WORKING WITH SLOW LEARNERS

* Reduce distractions by providing a quiet, private place to work.

* Emphasize strengths. Use lots of praise and reinforcement frequently.

* Make lessons short. Limit the working time and have several short work periods rather than one long one.

* Add variety to the academic routine. Do active things and use educational games, puzzles, and other techniques as much as possible.

* Work on material that is somewhat challenging but allows success. Work that is too hard or too easy is a turn-off.

* Make learning fun and comfortable. Your positive attitude is very important.

* Encourage your child to talk to you. Ask what he did in school. Ask what was the best part of his/her day. Ask questions about the TV shows he/she watches. Talk about what he/she has heard, done, and plans to do. Communicate with your students.

* Go over his/her daily work to reinforce the learning. Slower learners need repetition.

* Provide meaningful, concrete activities rather than abstract.

* Give short specific directions and have your child repeat them back to you.

* READ! Set an example by reading yourself. Read to your child and have your child read to you.

* Work closely with the teacher to help strengthen academic areas that are weak in school.

* Stress the importance of education.

* Encourage your child to explore areas of interest to him/her. Career opportunities often come from these interests.

(Source: Material supplied by University of Central Florida, School Psychology/Counselor Education Programs--Dr. Carl Balado.)

When? How about when he has more than one bad game?????

Why does no one acknowledge that our line got schooled last week? They are young and IMO will be great for a long time, but they got taken to town last week. TE had abot 2 seconds to throw and lost about one every other play picking the snap off the turf....as the line gets better so will the longer game.

Or we can just run another young QB ot of town, draft a new one and then run him out in 3 yrs.

Great points I mentioned in my original post that Trent has quite a few factors working against him and the offensive line is one of the many, but I was making the point that when do you say let's shake things up. We all know this is not DJ way and will never be, but look how Donovan Mcnabb played when he was shown the sideline to get a different perspective of the game.