5 to 8 Experienced OT's Still Unsigned...

VJ91

Perry Fewell sure is happy to have Drayton Florence available as a free agent signing this past spring right about now isn't he? He makes more then one mention that Florences' 8 seasons and over 50 starts in the NFL is a huge comfort factor. He really must scratch his head in wonderment however, when he looks across the field over to AVP and Sean Kugler. The Bills started one of the youngest OL's in recent history, and now only three games into the season, with injuries they are even younger. Who do they bring in as free agents to "fortify" the line against those injuries?....practice squad players - more rookies with zero starts in the NFL, as second stringers in some positions, due to the immediate injury situation on the OL.

Here is the latest list of experienced free agent offensive tackles the Bills could easily sign to one year deals, maybe even two of them to one year deals, with the cap space they have left. Sure none of them is as good a free agent OL as Florence was at corner. But any of them would sure cost the Bills less then Florences 2 year deal is going to cost them, now that Drayton can earn some incentives by starting this week due to McKelvin's season ending injury. Even just one of the guys on this list would add experience and a level of professionalism that the pre schoolers on the line now could learn from! I've been screaming about the lack of game experience on the Bills OL during this season where they signed Owens for just this one year and need to win at least 9 games. It simply makes no sense to have all these young guys learning on the job this season, not for Jauron and saving his damn job, not for Ralph Wilson at 91 years old, and especially not for we frustrated fans!

But anyway, here is the list below, and don't try to convince me that at least one of those guys wouldn't help the Bills more then the practice squad 5th round draft choice from Green Bay the Bills did sign recently!!:

Jason Fabini, 11 years (unsure if he retired, or is injured or still available)

Wayne Gandy, 15 years (unsure if he retired, or is injured or still available)

Kwame Harris, 6 years

Jonas Jennings, 8 years

Fred Miller, 13 years

Jon Runyan, 13 years (many say he's still injured)

Barry Stokes, 10 years

Mark Tauscher, 9 years

There is probably a good reason they aren't signed. Face it, we knew we were in trouble at the tackle position ...big trouble...at draft time. There were five good tackles and we didn't go after the two that were available. The obvious choice, Michael Oher is doing a great job at right tackle for the Ravens and is being touted to move to left tackle. We went for a defensive end when we had good defensive ends.

Perry Fewell sure is happy to have Drayton Florence available as a free agent signing this past spring right about now isn't he? He makes more then one mention that Florences' 8 seasons and over 50 starts in the NFL is a huge comfort factor. He really must scratch his head in wonderment however, when he looks across the field over to AVP and Sean Kugler. The Bills started one of the youngest OL's in recent history, and now only three games into the season, with injuries they are even younger. Who do they bring in as free agents to "fortify" the line against those injuries?....practice squad players - more rookies with zero starts in the NFL, as second stringers in some positions, due to the immediate injury situation on the OL.

Here is the latest list of experienced free agent offensive tackles the Bills could easily sign to one year deals, maybe even two of them to one year deals, with the cap space they have left. Sure none of them is as good a free agent OL as Florence was at corner. But any of them would sure cost the Bills less then Florences 2 year deal is going to cost them, now that Drayton can earn some incentives by starting this week due to McKelvin's season ending injury. Even just one of the guys on this list would add experience and a level of professionalism that the pre schoolers on the line now could learn from! I've been screaming about the lack of game experience on the Bills OL during this season where they signed Owens for just this one year and need to win at least 9 games. It simply makes no sense to have all these young guys learning on the job this season, not for Jauron and saving his damn job, not for Ralph Wilson at 91 years old, and especially not for we frustrated fans!

But anyway, here is the list below, and don't try to convince me that at least one of those guys wouldn't help the Bills more then the practice squad 5th round draft choice from Green Bay the Bills did sign recently!!:

Jason Fabini, 11 years (unsure if he retired, or is injured or still available)

Wayne Gandy, 15 years (unsure if he retired, or is injured or still available)

Kwame Harris, 6 years

Jonas Jennings, 8 years

Fred Miller, 13 years

Jon Runyan, 13 years (many say he's still injured)

Barry Stokes, 10 years

Mark Tauscher, 9 years

Kwame Harris is a joke. How he stayed this long in the NFL is a mystery to me, ask 49'ers fans about Harris' play.

As for Jonas Jennings, the guy can get the hiccups and he'd injure himself.

There is probably a good reason they aren't signed. Face it, we knew we were in trouble at the tackle position ...big trouble...at draft time. There were five good tackles and we didn't go after the two that were available. The obvious choice, Michael Oher is doing a great job at right tackle for the Ravens and is being touted to move to left tackle. We went for a defensive end when we had good defensive ends.

We had good defensive ends?

Jonas Jennings, 8 years

Jonas "Can not stay healthy" Jennings? This proves you are just throwing crap out there trying to make front office look bad. Jennings could not even stay healthy when he played for Bills and only was serviceable because we had a decent swing OT who could play for stretches when he got dinged up in a game or for a few games.

You are seem more senile then frustrated.

I've been saying this for a while now. They messed up big time by taking Maybin, who is keeping our bench warm. They could have had Oher at #11, Wood at #28, traded up for Levitre, keep Walker at RT, already had Hangartner.

Jauron and the FO personnel lost the season before it started. We had a chance to have a great, young O-line like the skins of the 80's. I am sick and tired of tricky dick...he needs to go yesterday.

They felt Maybin could be someone special at end, and took a calculated gamble that they would land the relentless pass rushing end that is so rare in the NFL these days. I have no problems with that. The pick that makes me sick to my stomach is Byrd. With many starting quality linemen still on the board, they reached for a slow safety whose ball hawking skills mean little if he can't keep up, literally, with the rest of the NFL. That was a luxury reach pick that will plague the Bills as soon as this Sunday.

You forgot to mention Levi Jones, unless he signed with a team that I didn't read about.

The scary part of the Dolphins is Joey Porter and Jason Taylor blitzing from the outsides against the current Buffalo tackles.

Porter is hurt with a bad hamstring. Barely played 20 snaps last week and reports on Taylor are that he should retire. Our problems are our injuries on defense and a poor offense, not Taylor and Porter.

Jonas "Can not stay healthy" Jennings? This proves you are just throwing crap out there trying to make front office look bad. Jennings could not even stay healthy when he played for Bills and only was serviceable because we had a decent swing OT who could play for stretches when he got dinged up in a game or for a few games.

You are seem more senile then frustrated.

I don't care what I are seem. I just listed Jennings and Harris because they are out there and still want to play. What about one of the other guys on the list? My point was not to defend Jonas Jennings or Kwame Harris. My point was for the Bills to have signed who they consider to be the best of that lot by now, especially with the injuries to Butler and with Bell being banged up, for some back up insurance. Just like they had ready at corner with Florence and his 8 years.

!?!?!?!?!?!