Alan Grayson says Republican plan for sick "Die Quickly"

Magox

Funny? Like it or not, the financial melt down WAS inherited. Two WARS were inherited. There's more, much more, but it's clear you wouldn't listen (or think for yourself) anyway.

You're right, it was inherited, going all the way back from the Carter administration. You don't think that the National Homeownership Strategy from Clinton played a role? Or the Community Reinvestment Act under the Clinton-era government which put intense pressure on lenders to make risky loans in order to make homeownership more affordable for lower income Americans and those with a poor credit history, didn't play a role in it as well? Bill's adminstration went through ridiculous lengths to increase the national homeownership rate. It promoted paper thin downpayments and pushed for ways to get lenders to give mortgage loans to first time buyers with shaky financing and incomes. It’s clear now that the erosion of lending standards pushed prices up by increasing demand, and later led to waves of defaults by people who never should have bought a home in the first place.

I guess the Repeal of the GS Act in 1998 didn't act as an accelerant to the financial debacle that we went through right?

Ya, but let's not let the facts get in the way of the point that you are trying to make.

Idiot

Funny? Like it or not, the financial melt down WAS inherited. Two WARS were inherited. There's more, much more, but it's clear you wouldn't listen (or think for yourself) anyway.

I don't care what he inherited. It just gets tiresome listening to the same old excuse, epecially when even the most left-leaning people have recommended that Obama drop the "I inherited it" excuse because most Americans are tired of seeing him getting nothing accomplished while simultaneously blaming his lack of leadership on his predecessor.

And both of those wars were inherited from his predecessor's predecessor...and his predecessor's predecessor's predecessor, for that matter.

Keep pretending it's a Bush v. Obama issue, though. :wallbash:

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but thank goodness Alan Grayson is no longer the chairman of the Federal Reserve. I'm not sure why he gets a public forum any more and it seems pretty clear dimensia has kicked in.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't he ask for the job?

If he wasn't up to it he shouldn't have sought it.

He's acting like an affirmative action appointee.

Boss: hey /dev/null I need you to fix this server

/dev/null: Wow, this is in bad shape. What happened?

Boss: The last guy didn't know what he was doing

Fast Forward One Week

Boss: Hey /dev/null, how's taht server coming?

/dev/null: Wow, it's in bad shape. The last guy really didn't know what he was doing

Fast Forward One Week

/dev/null: Great news! I got the hard drive formatted!

Boss: Excellent, so it's working?

/dev/null: No, the last guy really screwed up

Fast Forward One Week

Boss: Hey /dev/null, how's taht server coming?

/dev/null: I got the hard drive formatted

Boss: What? That's it?

/dev/null: Made some progress.

Boss: That's not very impressive

/dev/null: The last guy was an idiot

Boss: You're not doing much better

/dev/null: Maybe if you'd increase my budget

Fast Forward One Week

Boss: Hey /dev/null, how's that server coming

/dev/null: Making progress. Got the OS installed

Boss: Better news than last week

/dev/null: Never would have gotten this far without that extra budget