Here's how you can tell a rivalry is dead:

then you do not know your history. Fins beat the Bills for 20 straight games, an entire decade. When Jimbo and co. whooped them in the 90's it was the greatest thing ever! At the same time, I think the Bills in the central would have been interesting given the geographic proximity to Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Im aware of all that (and witnessed a lot as well). But it means nil now. So Miami feasted on Buffalo for the 70's... and both teams happened to be good in the 90's.

If Miami was as good as the Colts or Pats were in the 90's, the rivalry would have died sooner.

Its similar to the Pats/Colts rivalry. It was a huge deal for a long time, still may be big if both teams end up fighting for the AFC... but down the road, when Manning and Brady are gone, it wont mean much to anyone.

I wasnt upset at all Miami won the Division last year.

IMO the last realignment was a good opportunity and time to turn the page on the old 'rivalries' and join up with the Browns and Steelers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I went to the game in Miami early last year and the stadium was half full.

And half of the fans in attendance were Bills fans

The crowd noise was equal no matter which team scored!

Really strange

Then the Dolphins started to play well, and all the games sold out thru December

Last year I went to the game in Miami early last year and the stadium was half full.

And half of the fans in attendance were Bills fans

The crowd noise was equal no matter which team scored!

Really strange

Then the Dolphins started to play well, and all the games sold out thru December

Thats what usually happens in the NFL

Buffalo's main rivalry is New England. New England's main rivaly isn't Buffalo.

The sad thing is Buffalo is no one's main rival anymore. We have been insignificant so long no team feels some great thrill if they beat us in a game. But NE* and Belicheat* are such low lifes that I wish bad things to come to them more than to any other team and I want the Bills to beat them more than any other team.

The sad thing is Buffalo is no one's main rival anymore. We have been insignificant so long no team feels some great thrill if they beat us in a game. But NE* and Belicheat* are such low lifes that I wish bad things to come to them more than to any other team and I want the Bills to beat them more than any other team.

I don't know. We sort of have a rivalry with Detroit and Cleveland to see which of the 3 Stooges of Lake Erie can stumble and bumble into the playoffs first.

a rivalry is not a rivalry when both teams have sucked for the last 10 years.

Or....when the Bills have to bring in players like Kelly,Thomas and Smith to tell the "new guard"all about the times they played the Dolphins. The Dallas Cowboys/Washington Redskins rivalry has lost its luster also. Those Boys/Girls have to

bring players like Cliff Harris,Charlie Waters and Randy White in EVERY year to share their past experiences to PUMP up their "new guard".

I wasnt alive in the 70's and young in the 90's and while they were fun the only team I really care about beating is NE. I'd also consider jets/bills to be more of a rivalry than bills/dolphins. It just doesnt cut it anymore. The Patriots and jets are the teams to beat in the afc east. Not Miami

I wasnt alive in the 70's and young in the 90's and while they were fun the only team I really care about beating is NE. I'd also consider jets/bills to be more of a rivalry than bills/dolphins. It just doesnt cut it anymore. The Patriots and jets are the teams to beat in the afc east. Not Miami

Well they were the team to beat last year.... just sayin.

you must be under 30

actually, no.

I remember a lot of big, great games between Miami and Buffalo, but only because they were the only competition in a cupcake Division for a number of years.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh would provide great, long-lasting geographical rivalries.

I dunno, maybe Im just sour due to a crippling losing streak within the Division.

Living in South Florida, let me assure you that down here they stopped caring about Buffalo years ago. The game is about as interesting to them rivalry-wise as a game against the Rams or Chiefs. Buffalo is simply irrelevant...not hated, not thought about, not worthy of dislike, just uninteresting and circled as a presumed win.

Funny, in WNY, the feeling about Miami is kinda of the same. They are really irrelevant.

i was talking about this last week with some friends ( to put this in perspective i'm 26)

when i grew up i was indoctrinated to hate the dolphins, nothing was more exciting than "squish the fish week"

now,

i could care less about them. but the patriots have filled that void. i hate them. and i hate the jets too. and to a lesser degree my-yamie is "just there" i dont like them but i really have no strong opinion of them. gone is marino and cox etc.. usually when we are playing miami the game doesnt even matter