39 Games and counting since Buffalo threw for 300 yards....

AnthonyF

I know it is just a number and there are many here who have more interest in winning then enjoyable football, but it is a telling stat for a team that has a losing record.

Sure the Giants didn't need to throw for 300 yesterday to beat TB, and some games we really did not big offensive #'s, but wouldn't it be nice to watch a fun exciting offensive team. How much fun would it be to score 34 points a game on offense on a regular basis?

I watch football to be entertained and we have not seen many games we truly would call entertaining in a while.

You've been beating this drum of 300 yards for three years now. When I saw this thread, I knew it was an AnthonyF special. :unsure:

I do agree with you; I'm at a point where I'd rather just be entertained with a lot of passing, big plays, etc. than be in these "close games" that we at no point in time have any chance of winning.

You've been beating this drum of 300 yards for three years now. When I saw this thread, I knew it was an AnthonyF special. :angry:

I do agree with you; I'm at a point where I'd rather just be entertained with a lot of passing, big plays, etc. than be in these "close games" that we at no point in time have any chance of winning.

Well done, good catch.... I know I have beaten this drum. What was interesting is when the love affair with TE started, no one cared, though I consider it a sad indictment on the Bills offense and the boredom that seemed to be part of every Sunday's Bills Game, even the wins were seldom fun. Today the stat was actually brought up on WGR550 from two of TE's biggest supporters Schoop and The Bulldog, which means some others finally see the significance of a 300 yard game.

Heck JP's gone, I'd be happy to see 300 yards from TE and a game where the chains are moving all game, few punts and 450+ yards of offense. A man can dream, can't he.... :unsure:

Well done, good catch.... I know I have beaten this drum. What was interesting is when the love affair with TE started, no one cared, though I consider it a sad indictment on the Bills offense and the boredom that seemed to be part of every Sunday's Bills Game, even the wins were seldom fun. Today the stat was actually brought up on WGR550 from two of TE's biggest supporters Schoop and The Bulldog, which means some others finally see the significance of a 300 yard game.

Heck JP's gone, I'd be happy to see 300 yards from TE and a game where the chains are moving all game, few punts and 450+ yards of offense. A man can dream, can't he.... :unsure:

Last week, we had 438 yards on offense and our hall of fame receiver dropped a 70 yard touchdown.

Jim Kelly had 26 300-yard passing games during the regular season and 3 more in the playoffs.

Trent Edwards has not had a single 300-yard passing game.

That is pretty telling. I've always liked Edwards, too, and have strongly supported him in the past. I also understand that Edwards is just not the same type of QB that Kelly was and is not just going to sling it out there as much, but nevertheless, this is a pretty sad statistic for Edwards. It's the type of statistic that could easily be overlooked if the Bills were routinely winning football games, but they are not nor have they been for a very long time.

With all of the weapons on this team, there is just no excuse for this. Edwards is just not getting the job done.

I think the main problem is that the last two Bills QBs did not throw to their wide receivers unless they were wide open. It's almost as if throwing an interception is certain death in a game. This is no doubt a directive from the loser, play not to lose, never gamble head coach.

I watch other teams and their QBs are zipping the ball into very tight spaces. The Bills QBs never ever do this. They need to start calling some timing patterns, throwing the ball down field and telling the QB to start threading the needle to Owens and Evans. It's risky, but it's what all the successful teams do to win games.

To put it simply...Dick, Alex and Trent need to start gambling.

I think the main problem is that the last two Bills QBs did not throw to their wide receivers unless they were wide open. It's almost as if throwing an interception is certain death in a game. This is no doubt a directive from the loser, play not to lose, never gamble head coach.

I watch other teams and their QBs are zipping the ball into very tight spaces. The Bills QBs never ever do this. They need to start calling some timing patterns, throwing the ball down field and telling the QB to start threading the needle to Owens and Evans. It's risky, but it's what all the successful teams do to win games.

To put it simply...Dick, Alex and Trent need to start gambling.

It's not gambling, it's what good QB's do. If they are being intercepted 20+ X's a season or throwing 3 bad int's per game then yes it may be gambling (see Derek Anderson Sunday). QB's have to throw tough passes at times. Take a look at this week's games, yes ints were thrown, but not a huge amounts and not by good QB's.....

It's not gambling, it's what good QB's do. If they are being intercepted 20+ X's a season or throwing 3 bad int's per game yes it is gambling (see Derek Anderson Sunday). QB's have to throw tough passes at times. Take a look at this weeks games, yes ints were thrown, but not a huge amounts and not by good QB's.....

I agree. I guess I was looking it in through Dick's loser mentality prism.

I agree. I guess I was looking it in through Dick's loser mentality prism.

Thats a good chunk of the problem. dickless jauron has ingrained it into trentative's mind that throwing 0 TDs and 0 INTs is much more preferrable to throwing 2 TDs with 1 INT.

yeah, it was a beautiful pass that TO dropped, but i don't think it'd have been a touchdown.

And this week he had him and overthrew him by 5 yards on what may have been his only deep pass of the game against a team that gives up yards and has a so-so defense....

This week on the road vs. a good D.... I expect a boring game..... Ughhhhh :unsure:

I know it is just a number and there are many here who have more interest in winning then enjoyable football, but it is a telling stat for a team that has a losing record.

Sure the Giants didn't need to throw for 300 yesterday to beat TB, and some games we really did not big offensive #'s, but wouldn't it be nice to watch a fun exciting offensive team. How much fun would it be to score 34 points a game on offense on a regular basis?

I watch football to be entertained and we have not seen many games we truly would call entertaining in a while.

Is that a valid stat? 39 games?

SICKENING!

If so, that is awful for an NFL offense. You would think at least once or twice a year somebody would have to throw 40 times a game and pass for 300 by default...