The Gameplan on Trent

JDG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could 2nd what Tgregg says. Edwards was not even looking for TO, after awhile, mainly the whole second half, NO did not even bother double teaming him. I do not get it. The coaches should stipulate no matter how good the coverage is if you see Evans or TO single covered your throwing it to him.

And when you see single coverage, you can throw it to them on something other than a fly pattern!

The second tiebreaker for the Wild Card (after head-to-head) goes to the team with the most non-Conference losses.

You can't be serious. Why are you worried about playoff tiebreakers at this point? They have to actually get enough wins to tie a playoff caliber team in the AFC. It's way, way, way too early. I mean they haven't won a single game in conference play yet and you're discussing playoff tiebreaker scenarios?

The gameplan for Trent is pretty easy, blitz.

It will be interesting to see if that is the case going forward....

I also wonder if Miami will also send a lot of corner blitzes at us - and continue to dare Trent to make a "hot read" to the outside WR... at least until such time as he demonstrates that he can do so....

JDG

It will be interesting to see if that is the case going forward....

I also wonder if Miami will also send a lot of corner blitzes at us - and continue to dare Trent to make a "hot read" to the outside WR... at least until such time as he demonstrates that he can do so....

JDG

It's a copy cat league, I would not be surprized if they do that. Actually I hope they do, it will make Trent scan the field or be exposed as a fraud.

Trent has got to get better at getting the ball out faster... he is still off by a few seconds. By the time he sees the play he is already late delivering the ball.

I feel like he switched brains with Bledsoe - you can't have a 4 second mental clock in a 3 second league.

Our wideouts should see that ball when they make their break. I mentioned this in a post that got buried, but with DBs playing 10-12 yards off our WRs Evans and Terrell should be able to drive them back and when they turn break for the sidelines. That play would be there all day if Trent could get the ball quick enough and hard enough to hit those out patterns... before the receiver is out of bounds.

TE's long ball accuracy is not there. His only hope is to heave one as far as he can and hope the WR runs into it.

Don't bother with that. You'll get people complaining that it's the WR job to slow down for the under thrown ball and out muscle a defender instead of continuing to run in stride and streak to the end zone. It's either that or you over throw a wide open guy by 4 yards preventing yet another TD.

Shades of JP on a bad day you say?

Don't bother with that. You'll get people complaining that it's the WR job to slow down for the under thrown ball and out muscle a defender instead of continuing to run in stride and streak to the end zone. It's either that or you over throw a wide open guy by 4 yards preventing yet another TD.

Shades of JP on a bad day you say?

No, I didn't say all of that. Trent is okay with short to mid range passes 25 yards and under. His long ball, from what little I've seen of them, is simply not accurate. Not that he's had a lot of time to set up and throw, mind you. He tends to wait until a receiver GETS open-then throw, rather than throw to the place the receiver should BE. That's not just me talking, sports writers have brought up that point as well.

Knowing we will be blitzed 75% of the time now calls for slant and timing plays to our 2 top 10 WRs to make the defense pay for their indicretion. If not we are just encouraging more bloitzes with these 3 yard dump offs to the TEs and RBs. Make teams pay for the aggresive defense we will see. If Trent can't do this then time for Fitzpatrick to take over.

And who was the last Bills QB where that wasn't true???

It's called the rookie treatment. When you have a rookie QB or otherwise inexperienced QB, you blitz the you know what out of them until they prove they can beat it. We haven't had QB that could beat it since Bledsoe, so that's what we get and will get until we get a QB that can. There are plays and proven techniques to do it. We should concentrate on that more and passes to TEs less.

When you're 3rd string TE gets more balls thrown to him than your 2 playmakers, that says about all you need to know.

If we don't do this to the Fish rookie Sunday I'm going to throw a hissy fit. We'll see.

No, I didn't say all of that. Trent is okay with short to mid range passes 25 yards and under. His long ball, from what little I've seen of them, is simply not accurate. Not that he's had a lot of time to set up and throw, mind you. He tends to wait until a receiver GETS open-then throw, rather than throw to the place the receiver should BE. That's not just me talking, sports writers have brought up that point as well.

My opinion of course. I wouldn't say his passes of 25 yds and under are ok I would say 12 yards and under. Talking about how far the ball goes in the air not including run after the catch.

Knowing we will be blitzed 75% of the time now calls for slant and timing plays to our 2 top 10 WRs to make the defense pay for their indicretion. If not we are just encouraging more bloitzes with these 3 yard dump offs to the TEs and RBs. Make teams pay for the aggresive defense we will see. If Trent can't do this then time for Fitzpatrick to take over.

Screens also work well in that situation, and I agree 100%. If Trent "Footsteps" Edwards can't get the job done, let the :unsure: watch the game from the bench.

I think Trent has the skills to be a solid QB, but he needs to step out of that "I can't make any mistakes" mode.

Edwards is playing for next years contract it seems to me. Maybe he thinks...high completion percentage = bg contract. Either that or he is so paralyzed by fear that he goes brain dead. More and more Edwards is looking like a Dan Darragh clone. The master at completing the ONE YARD pass to avoid the hit. He certainly is a Master at locking in and staring down his very short receiving targets, never once even glancing at any of our wideouts.

Just plain pathetic QB'ing