Tebow hospitalized - concussion?

Cynical

Ouch.

Linky

Gators catch a small break as they are off next week.

After watching every game over the past 4 years, it was the weirdest thing in the world seeing him go down and not hop right back up. The bye week is good, but if they can get everyone over the flu and back up to playing level in the next two weeks, Brantley can keep them going until at least Halloween when they play in Jacksonville.

Can anyone explain to me why tebow was still in the game at that point, especially considering he was sick with swine flu as well?

To run up his customary six TDs against whatever weak sister Florida was playing this week. Got to secure that Hypeman award early.

Who's next on that all-powerful SEC schedule, Vandy? :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain to me why tebow was still in the game at that point, especially considering he was sick with swine flu as well?

If he had wanted out, he would have come out. I'm sure he was asked.

As far as starters in general, they tend to stay in for the first two series of the 3rd quarter, no matter the score. Just seems to be the basic guideline they use every week.

To run up his customary six TDs against whatever weak sister Florida was playing this week. Got to secure that Hypeman award early.

Who's next on that all-powerful SEC schedule, Vandy? :censored:

Yeah i forgot. He's gotta pad his stats against SW LA Tech for the blind. But hey, the SEC has to play weak sisters so they can keep up the illusion that their conference is "tough." Hell, UF has tried a couple of times to end the yearly game with FSU. Even when we're down, we represent too much of a threat. They need the space to play another Div III school.

I don't care that he got a concussion. Looks like the air of invincibility of the so-called "superman" wore off. I think that whining prick Urban Meyer got what he deserved. But hey, tim tebow will be an excellent NFL QB with the rush awareness he displayed on the hit.

Tim Tebow, you got knocked the !@#$ out! :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDxOyoAeXU

Yeah i forgot. He's gotta pad his stats against SW LA Tech for the blind. But hey, the SEC has to play weak sisters so they can keep up the illusion that their conference is "tough." Hell, UF has tried a couple of times to end the yearly game with FSU. Even when we're down, we represent too much of a threat. They need the space to play another Div III school.

I don't care that he got a concussion. Looks like the air of invincibility of the so-called "superman" wore off. I think that whining prick Urban Meyer got what he deserved. But hey, tim tebow will be an excellent NFL QB with the rush awareness he displayed on the hit.

Tim Tebow, you got knocked the !@#$ out! <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDxOyoAeXU

Amazing what an immature ass you are. How did it feel having your school lose to the one you have laughed at on this board for the past couple years?? Bet it was a wonderful experience. Maybe even came close to that feeling of dread you must have had half way through the fourth quarter of the Jax game. And lets not pretend that you all of a sudden feel that the Bulls are a legit team. When others on this board have brought them up as a new team to compete with in FL, you have literally laughed at them and called them idiots. Still laughing?

At least there are schools out there that FL can pad their stats against. Where does state have to go next to find weak enough competition to do so?

But keep beating that drum, even while your playing Jax State, North Carolina State, and Maryland.

Gators are sick of playing a school that offers no competition yet plays dirty has hell while they're losing. Ask S. Florida how they feel about the late hits out of bounds and extra hits on the ground they were taking yesterday at the end of that game.

And you know the funniest part? You've been on here saying for two years now that good old Jimbo is the one who is truly in charge of that team, and the senile old coot is just a figure head. Might want to stop pushing that argument, no? I mean hell, if Jimbo really is in charge, and that team is still playing THAT bad....wow.

Amazing what an immature ass you are. How did it feel having your school lose to the one you have laughed at on this board for the past couple years?? Bet it was a wonderful experience. Maybe even came close to that feeling of dread you must have had half way through the fourth quarter of the Jax game. And lets not pretend that you all of a sudden feel that the Bulls are a legit team. When others on this board have brought them up as a new team to compete with in FL, you have literally laughed at them and called them idiots. Still laughing?

At least there are schools out there that FL can pad their stats against. Where does state have to go next to find weak enough competition to do so?

But keep beating that drum, even while your playing Jax State, North Carolina State, and Maryland.

Gators are sick of playing a school that offers no competition yet plays dirty has hell while they're losing. Ask S. Florida how they feel about the late hits out of bounds and extra hits on the ground they were taking yesterday at the end of that game.

And you know the funniest part? You've been on here saying for two years now that good old Jimbo is the one who is truly in charge of that team, and the senile old coot is just a figure head. Might want to stop pushing that argument, no? I mean hell, if Jimbo really is in charge, and that team is still playing THAT bad....wow.

Nope, i've said Jimbo was in charge of the offense. Not the defense, and that has been my biggest bone of contention with the entire Bowden/Jimbo situation. Jimbo has no power to bring in his own guys on the defensive side of the ball.

USF isn't a bad team, but lets not get ahead of ourselves and pretend that they are this great team. FSU handed them that game on saturday. 3 fumbles and turning it over on downs inside USFs 30 will kill any team. Not to mention that their only 2 TDs came on blown plays where our shoddy pass D gave up 2 70 yard passes. So lets not pretend that USF simply walked up and down the field on us. Actually, we're the ones who had something like 4 drives of 10+ plays and came away with 7 points to show for it.

As for the schedules, please. You don't even want to go there. I can't control conference schedules, but FSUs OOC opponents this season are/were UF, BYU, and USF and Jax St. As for the future, we have BYU again in 2010, a home and home with Oklahoma in 2010 and 2011, a home and home with WVU in 2012 and 2013, and we go to USF in 2012.

Lets compare that to UF, who has a gauntlet in the upcoming years of Appalachain St, Miami of OH, Florida Atlantic, Furman, UAB, Jax St, and Toledo. I'm actually shocked that you guys scheduled USF. Congrats. You have 1 mid level OOC game in the next 4 years. Good for you guys. Maybe sometime in the future you guys will actually travel outside of the southeast to play a game thats not a bowl game, which you haven't done since 1999.

Ohio St has taken the lead, and some ACC, Big East, and Pac 10 teams are following suit in realizing that you prove yourself by playing big time OOC games. I'll even give credit to the middle tier of the SEC, teams such as UGA and Tenn, who are beginning to play some big time OOC games. Hell, even 'bama played VT (but 'bama is too afraid to travel somewhere, which is why they play their big games at a neutral site). Perhaps sometime UF will grow a set and actually play a worthwhile team. But most likely not.

Ohio St has taken the lead, and some ACC, Big East, and Pac 10 teams are following suit in realizing that you prove yourself by playing big time OOC games. I'll even give credit to the middle tier of the SEC, teams such as UGA and Tenn, who are beginning to play some big time OOC games. Hell, even 'bama played VT (but 'bama is too afraid to travel somewhere, which is why they play their big games at a neutral site). Perhaps sometime UF will grow a set and actually play a worthwhile team. But most likely not.

Sports Illustrated had a chart a up a few weeks ago showing how many OOC top 25 opponents each team has had over the past two years. State had 2 more than Florida. Want to guess where those two games came from?

Of course, if they did a chart showing how many top 25 teams are played each year in and out of conference, it wouldn't even be close.

Keep spewing your garbage, you can always change your tune later when it suits you. Or just make more exuses like "we gave that one away" or "all teams have trouble against weaker competition", or "just two yards from being ranked 15".

This article was written last fall, and it doesn't take into account rankings, but it's still relevant to the OOC debate, IMO:

While a number of programs from BCS conferences seem unwilling to pick on someone their own size, others are indeed willing to schedule stiff competition year in and year out.

These are the schools that are willing to go toe-to-toe with programs of equal stature on a regular basis. They're willing to take risks as well as reap rewards.

--------

Here are the BCS schools that chose to play the highest percentage of their nonconference games against BCS opposition from the time the BCS was formed in 1998 through last season. Obviously, teams don't get to select their opponents in bowl games, so bowls are not factored into this study. The following data represent regular-season, nonconference games for the period of 1998-2007.

1. Florida State 70.3%

No. of nonconf. gms. 37

Rec. vs. BCS 16-10 (.615)

Rec. vs. I-A non-BCS 9-1 (.900)

Rec. vs. I-AA 1-0 (1.000)

Pct. of gms. vs. BCS .703

The Seminoles have begun playing softer nonconference schedules in recent seasons, including -- gasp! -- Division I-AA Citadel in 2005. Nevertheless, over the past decade, no other program has been willing to play the big boys more often out of conference. Of course, Florida State's annual matchup against Miami became conference fare when the Hurricanes joined the ACC in 2004. Notably, FSU is 5-5 in its past 10 meetings with rival Florida, but 0-4 since 2004. We wonder whether Bobby Bowden's crew, coming off back-to-back 7-6 seasons, will continue to scale back schedule difficulty in the coming years. The Seminoles will play more I-AA teams (two) in 2008 than they did in the previous 12 years combined (one).

LINK

Sports Illustrated had a chart a up a few weeks ago showing how many OOC top 25 opponents each team has had over the past two years. State had 2 more than Florida. Want to guess where those two games came from?

Of course, if they did a chart showing how many top 25 teams are played each year in and out of conference, it wouldn't even be close.

Keep spewing your garbage, you can always change your tune later when it suits you. Or just make more exuses like "we gave that one away" or "all teams have trouble against weaker competition", or "just two yards from being ranked 15".

Oh wow, 2 years. Keep playing Florida Atlantic and Charleston Southern! And if you look at the rankings, you'll consistently see that the ACC and SEC have had similar number of teams ranked. So there goes that argument. I've said before that the SEC has had better teams at the very top, but top to bottom, the SEC is nothing more than an an average, middling conference with a bunch of teams that claim to be great, but never actually have the balls to prove it on the playing field.

"We gave that one away" isn't an excuse, its what happened. There are these thing called turnovers. When you turn the ball over, especially in scoring territory, you are giving away potential points, which equates to giving the game away. Leave it to a gator fan to be unable to comprehend this concept.

And for "2 yards away from a win" well, we were. In case oyu missed that game, we drove down to the miami 2 yard line and lost it on a dropped pass. Note, not a good defensive play, a dropped TD pass. But again, i understand, you;re a gator fan, so the nuances of the game of football elude you. Your football acumen consists of nothing more than running up the score on Div I-AA teams.

And for "2 yards away from a win" well, we were. In case oyu missed that game, we drove down to the miami 2 yard line and lost it on a dropped pass. Note, not a good defensive play, a dropped TD pass. But again, i understand, you;re a gator fan, so the nuances of the game of football elude you. Your football acumen consists of nothing more than running up the score on Div I-AA teams.

:thumbsup:

Whatever gets you through the week.

And as a nole, I fully understand that all you have to root for is a head injury to player from another team. Keep it classy!

:unsure:

Whatever gets you through the week.

And as a nole, I fully understand that all you have to root for is a head injury to player from another team. Keep it classy!

I'm not rooting for an injury. I didn't jump up and down and cheer when tebow was laying on the field. I'm glad he walked off the field and seems like he'll recover just fine.

But who doesn't enjoy the opposing QB getting destroyed, especially when its on a team you cannot stand? No warm blooded football fan doesnt enjoy that. Especially when it happens to an overrated and overhyped player. Tebow simply got a cold dose of what is waiting for him at the next level.

I'm not rooting for an injury. I didn't jump up and down and cheer when tebow was laying on the field. I'm glad he walked off the field and seems like he'll recover just fine.

But who doesn't enjoy the opposing QB getting destroyed, especially when its on a team you cannot stand? No warm blooded football fan doesnt enjoy that. Especially when it happens to an overrated and overhyped player. Tebow simply got a cold dose of what is waiting for him at the next level.

I see both your points. I have been harping on the SEC not playing strong OOC opponents on the road for years. Recently, that trend is starting to change with Georgia playing @ Arizona St & @ Okla ST, & Tenn going out west to play Cal. For whatever reason Florida has not followed suit in their scheduling practices. But here is the thing, at this point right now, they do not have to. Fair or not, they get so much respect from the pollsters that it does not matter who they play OOC, if they run the table or if they have one loss they are going to be playing in the National Championship most likely. Can not say I fault them, their strategy has worked to perfection as they have won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. It will be interesting to see if Meyer could keep this train rolling once Tebow is gone next year. This guys is a winner & a special player & he could start @ QB for any college team in this country. Right now them & Alabama looks like they are on a collision course to the SEC Championship, winners gets to go to the NC.

As far as Florida State, I do not know man. Their program is just not where it should be. They should be better then they are & losing to South Florida has to be an embarrassment to the program especially with Grothie not playing & it just validates what I have been saying all along that USF is alot closer in talent to Fl St & Miami then anybody wants to admit. FL St could turn it around but they really need to get Bowden out of there & he could take Fisher with him. They need to bring in an up & coming guy that has had success before but just maybe on a lesser scale(a guy like Urban Meyer when he came out of Utah). There are alot of these guys available. Maybe a guy like Gary Patterson for TCU or Chris Peterson for Boise St. Both those guys would probably be thrilled to coach a school like Florida ST. Get the right guy in there, get the excitement back in the student body & the alumni & being that Fl ST is surrounded by the best talent the country has to offer it will be no time before this program as where it should be & that is annually a top 10 program. Remember before Meyer came to Florida, their program was probable in as bad if not worse shape then Florida State is right now.

I see both your points. I have been harping on the SEC not playing strong OOC opponents on the road for years. Recently, that trend is starting to change with Georgia playing @ Arizona St & @ Okla ST, & Tenn going out west to play Cal. For whatever reason Florida has not followed suit in their scheduling practices. But here is the thing, at this point right now, they do not have to. Fair or not, they get so much respect from the pollsters that it does not matter who they play OOC, if they run the table or if they have one loss they are going to be playing in the National Championship most likely. Can not say I fault them, their strategy has worked to perfection as they have won the NC 2 out of the last 3 years. It will be interesting to see if Meyer could keep this train rolling once Tebow is gone next year. This guys is a winner & a special player & he could start @ QB for any college team in this country. Right now them & Alabama looks like they are on a collision course to the SEC Championship, winners gets to go to the NC.

As far as Florida State, I do not know man. Their program is just not where it should be. They should be better then they are & losing to South Florida has to be an embarrassment to the program especially with Grothie not playing & it just validates what I have been saying all along that USF is alot closer in talent to Fl St & Miami then anybody wants to admit. FL St could turn it around but they really need to get Bowden out of there & he could take Fisher with him. They need to bring in an up & coming guy that has had success before but just maybe on a lesser scale(a guy like Urban Meyer when he came out of Utah). There are alot of these guys available. Maybe a guy like Gary Patterson for TCU or Chris Peterson for Boise St. Both those guys would probably be thrilled to coach a school like Florida ST. Get the right guy in there, get the excitement back in the student body & the alumni & being that Fl ST is surrounded by the best talent the country has to offer it will be no time before this program as where it should be & that is annually a top 10 program. Remember before Meyer came to Florida, their program was probable in as bad if not worse shape then Florida State is right now.

The biggest problem is the disconnect on the coaching staff. Bobby simply needs too go. What he did here was amazing, designing new and innovative offenses, etc. But his time is up. Jimbo has control over the offense, but the defense is still all bobby's guys (amato, etc). Fisher and Amato hate each other and we are in danger of developing a rift between the offense and defense. The telling point will come this offseason. Mickey Andrews is leaving. FSU needs to give Fisher complete control over the defensive side of the ball. He needs to be allowed to clean house and bring in his own guys. If not, then we are in trouble and are just going to be spinning our wheels.

I'd like to see what Fisher could do with complete autonomy for this team. But, we're never going to see that unless Bobby goes. The "plan" so to speak, is to have Fisher take over after next (2010) season. If he doesn't by then, we owe him the $5 mil buyout and he'll be gone. My guess is that if he doesn't get control to hire and fire defensive coaches after this year, he'll be looking to leave.

With the talent we have, we're not too far off from competing on the national stage again. We should be in the thick of the ACC title hunt again, and i'd love another shot at Miami in the ACC title game. Of course, if the coaching situation doesn't get settled, we could easily slip back to where we have been in the past few seasons.

As for the USF game, it was a loss. It sucked, yeah, but it wasn't the end of the world. We played bad. I don't know if you saw the game, but the mistakes we made to lose the game are correctable. I still like our chances against them any day of the week. A little side note - i've seen USF's QB, BJ Daniels, play a few times here when he was in high school. The kid looked real good then and looked good against us. If he can play consistently and develop, USF could make some real noise.

He's going to get kneed to the back of the head in the NFL?

Overrated my ass. What Tebow does in the next level has nothing to do with how he's "rated" as a college player. Get over the trite jealousy crap already.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...-fsu/index.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.