Packers are abusing Winfield...

Fezmid

Seen a few missed tackles by Winfield - something I don't remember seeing from him while he was here.

The announcers did say he's having a great year and the Vikes are glad they have him.

CW

116443[/snapback]

Winfield's an ideal bend but don't break CB. Instead of letting a player get behind him he let's the guy catch the ball and then tackles him which Favre, and/or any great WCO QB loves as it keeps the chains moving.

Winfield's an ideal bend but don't break CB. Instead of letting a player get behind him he let's the guy catch the ball and then tackles him which Favre, and/or any great WCO QB loves as it keeps the chains moving.

116451[/snapback]

Agreed - but in this game, he's missing a lot of tackles. Guys are jumping over him or juking him.

CW

Winfield just forced the fumble on the kickoff return with a minute left.  GB got the ball back otherwise Minnesota would of won the game right there

116504[/snapback]

Very nice play. He had a rough first half, but he definately turned it up in the second to play like the Winfield we all know and love.

CW

McKinnie also looked good. :)

116532[/snapback]

You forgot the sarcasm button...

KGB had 2 sacks, and only had 2 or 3 the whole season. The OL provided some good pass proteection on some plays (sometimes EXCEPTIONAL), but oftentimes BM was getting abused, even with the help of a TE and/or RB.

CW

You forgot the sarcasm button...

KGB had 2 sacks, and only had 2 or 3 the whole season.  The OL provided some good pass proteection on some plays (sometimes EXCEPTIONAL), but oftentimes BM was getting abused, even with the help of a TE and/or RB.

CW

116543[/snapback]

How many holding penalties did he have, anyway? I saw at least two.

And did anyone else think Sherman almost cost GB the game? Great playcalls for the first 55 minutes, but then practically conceding a 3-and-out to get Minny to burn their TOs. Would've rather seen them at least try to get a first down, I think.....

And did anyone else think Sherman almost cost GB the game? practically conceding a 3-and-out to get Minny to burn their TOs. Would've rather seen them at least try to get a first down, I think.....

I thought his worst call of the game was going for it on 4thdown when he was in position for a chipshot FG that would have put GB up by 3 scores. Balls over brains doesn't work on the sidelines.

I didn't mind the series I think you're referring to. They could have just run into the line 3 times, but instead he threw on 1stdown (to Henderson I think) and then again on 3rddown (the Greenscreen that would have converted if not for Winfield's great tackle). Throwing 2 out of 3 downs took a little courage at that point.

Cya

How many holding penalties did he have, anyway? I saw at least two.

And did anyone else think Sherman almost cost GB the game? Great playcalls for the first 55 minutes, but then practically conceding a 3-and-out to get Minny to burn their TOs. Would've rather seen them at least try to get a first down, I think.....

116550[/snapback]

I thought Sherman made a HUGE mistake in not kicking the FG on 4th and 1 in the third qtr. Up by 2 TDs, I think it's smart to put another FG on the board to make it a 3 score game. Almost cost 'em too.

As for BM, he had one official flag, even though I think there was one or two more that were declined. Not sure though.

CW

I thought his worst call of the game was going for it on 4thdown when he was in position for a chipshot FG that would have put GB up by 3 scores. Balls over brains doesn't work on the sidelines.

I didn't mind the series I think you're referring to. They could have just run into the line 3 times, but instead he threw on 1stdown (to Henderson I think) and then again on 3rddown (the Greenscreen that would have converted if not for Winfield's great tackle). Throwing 2 out of 3 downs took a little courage at that point.

Cya

116560[/snapback]

They were throws, but they were still high-percentage stuff, nothing downfield. (Seeing as how teams other than the Bills actually can successfully complete screen passes on a regular basis...... :) )

I dunno, JMO.

And yeah, you and Fez are right - he did get greedy by not taking the gimme FG.