Indy @ Miami

truth on hold

I actually think they are doing a great job of selling off small parts to local celebs....give it that south beach atmosphere...the games have to be more than football these days, just like baseball, they have to be events, and the game just isn't doing enough, especially in area's like miami, where the competition for entertainment is so tough....i love how they are incorporating the Williams', Estephans and Buffett et al.....

I was at the game tonight - Manning is so good. Was there any doubt he was gonna lead a TD drive?

The Phins are introducing a whole bunch of new crap this year...celebrities, etc...but nothing worse than their new "Fins Up" campaign. This is just brutal. I think Jimmy Buffet wrote...something like "Fins to the left, Fins to the right, We're at the only game in town." I mean...wow, it's really, really, really, REALLY bad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what a wild game with the T.O.P. the way it was. After the game Penington looked like his head had been used as a mop and Peyton looked like he had just suited up to do a commercial in that interview after the game. Miami should be so embarrassed about the clock management on the last drive.

Has a team that plays a Tampa 2 defense EVER dominated T.O.P.? It seems that style of play lends itself to allowing first downs and then stops the drive when they run out of field. The goals seems to be holding the opponent to field goals... I don't like it.

I'm not going to disagree with a lot of posters are saying. Yes the Dolphins clock management was terrible. Yes Ted Ginn dropped his fare share of passes last night. Yes Pennington limits what this offense can do.

I did notice that the Dolphins are a very physical running team with 2 backs that are similar in styles. Remember, they beat us handily last year both times and they started out 0-2 in 08' before going into New England and beating them with the Wildcat, which looked very impressive last night.

As long as they play the 3-4 with Joey Porter, run the ball effectively and, Chad Pennington, no matter how noodle armed he is, he doesn't turn the ball over, they are a tough match-up for the Bills.

I don't know about the Chargers, they lost Jamal Williams for the year and he's the main clog in the defensive machinery. I don't know if they have a guy that can replace what he does, heck I don't even know if they have wided body to just occupy space, on top of that they can't seem to pressure the QB as years past. Their offense might to do some damage on the dolphins, though.

Has a team that plays a Tampa 2 defense EVER dominated T.O.P.? It seems that style of play lends itself to allowing first downs and then stops the drive when they run out of field. The goals seems to be holding the opponent to field goals... I don't like it.

Beat me to it. I was going to say the Colts looked like the Bills on 3rd downs.