If this was posted...sorry...but MAN!

that deep ball to owens (where he dropped it) - was a bomb if I've ever see one.

For a second I thought Trent was JP Losman.

:rolleyes: All hail the deep ball

Let's not get carried away buddy. Trent finally chucked a couple rainbows up there but nobody is going to confuse him for JP when it comes to the deep ball. We'll never see the down the middle of the field laser ball that some other QBs can throw.

Trent did impress me though as has Van Pelt. It's DEFINITELY several steps in the right direction. Now if we could stop our annual parade of injured players leaving the field :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have been a TD, he would have gone out of bounds. But a beautiful pass none the less. That's what you get with TO, he's going to drop some balls, but he's also going to make some big time plays.

I was going to post this. Had TO made the reception, he would have been out at ~ the TB 40 yard line.

That's leadership. And its a sign of things to come this year. The most TD's a WR has ever caught for the Bills in a season is 11 and TO could surpass that this year. Also there was a lot of pressure on TO after that big drop so the strutting was also a sign of relief that he WAS going to come through for this team with all the expectations on his shoulders.

Ageed, I hope he is strutting his ass off on the sidelines all season.

Actually, Trent ran to the end zone to congratulate him. He was a few seconds behind the other players who mobbed TO first.

Thanks for the update. I must have missed it. The cameras were on TO's celebration the entire time and I kept looking for Edwards but didn't see him. I hope TO gave some credit to TE on a nice pass. His sulking on the sidelines isn't a good thing.

GO BILLS!!!

+10 on the swagger.

It's about time someone got excited when we scored on offense. Goodness knows those opportunities have been few and far between for a long time. Get the fans fired up! Get the team fired up! Get the buzz back that we lost after the TO injury.

I'm kind of old school myself so to speak but this is not your daddy's NFL. The times have changed, the game has changed, the players have changed and so have the fans. It's generally the old guys or the sons of those strong old school type guys that have problems with all of the playing to the crowd and demonstrative behavior exhibited by some players.

The old school guys also don't seem to get that today's NFL is by far a business first and a game second. This is not little league or school kids playing grade school sports and you shake hands after the game, get congratulated on a game well played win or lose and you get ice cream after wards. In that world sportsmanship and carrying yourself with class is sometimes as important as how well you play.

In this game you get your butt reamed for dropping a ball, you have profanities painted on your front lawn if you fumble a kick off, you get killed in your own home for worldly possessions. You have some women that will do anything to be with you or mother an illegitimate child to get a pay check and be set for the foreseeable future. This "game" is about selling tickets, merchandise and commercial air time.

The players image, behavior and every bit of minutia about them are almost more of a possession or revenue making commodity of the broadcast networks and the teams than their own. Some players try to take a measure of ownership and control with demonstrative behavior on and off the field, tweeting, websites, 30 minute talk shows etc.

Many of them are ill prepared for such scrutiny in the public eye!!!!! Take an incredibly athletically gifted human being from a broken home in an impoverished neighbor hood with questionable at best parenting and role models and you get what you get sometimes. For all of the "sensationalization" of TOs behavior the only thing he has ever been guilty of is speaking his mind.

Hopefully as all men do he is learning and maturing as he ages. Fortunately WE don't have to do it under the lights of ESPN.

The deep ball is nice... no doubt. However, I am VERY happy that TE hit the tight end more as well as Josh Reed. Nice to have those options open as well.

"The Burner" George Evans, "The Player" Todd Owens, "Zone Buster" James Reed, and "Seem Splitter" Randy Schouman

Debate and discuss... and lets make it robust, shall we? (For posterity sake... of course)