religion

A significant difference is that evolution is an evidence-based theory, whereas God is not.

Again, the difference between "provable" and "unprovable". Even if you refuse to accept that evolution as it currently stands is unproven, that doesn't make it unprovable. God, on the other hand, by definition is not empirically provable.

That's why I qualified my statement. In an individual's mind I doubt there is much of a difference.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Substitute because a Diety willed it for for no reason and I believe you have the Old Testament.

Nah....the OT is much more...."my God's real, your God's false....even if I tempted by all those temple harlots and ritual sex your god has when I visit the city...."

If it were PROVABLE, it wouldn't require BELIEF, you idiot. That's what we've been trying to tell you.

retard, everything requires belief provable or unprovable, doesnt matter. this is why a burden must be established or people could believe and claim anything and we would have to accept it... people are making a claim that god exists. im simply saying prove it... since they cant because its not a provable idea then there is no reason to seriously consider it... it would be like having faith or (unjustified belief in santa claus). santa is not a provable idea, should i believe that? no.

retard, everything requires belief provable or unprovable, doesnt matter. this is why a burden must be established or people could believe and claim anything and we would have to accept it... people are making a claim that god exists. im simply saying prove it... since they cant because its not a provable idea then there is no reason to seriously consider it... it would be like having faith or (unjustified belief in santa claus). santa is not a provable idea, should i believe that? no.

Actually, by the definitions already spoon-fed to you, Santa Claus is a provable (or, more accurately, disprovable) concept. God, on the other hand, is not.

This was all explaned to you in excruciating detail earlier in the thread. Just because you refuse to read it, does NOT mean it's incorrect.

Actually, by the definitions already spoon-fed to you, Santa Claus is a provable (or, more accurately, disprovable) concept. God, on the other hand, is not.

This was all explaned to you in excruciating detail earlier in the thread. Just because you refuse to read it, does NOT mean it's incorrect.

TOM.... santa claus, zeus, apollo and the flying spaghetti moster are all metaphysical ideas/concepts that are not disprovable/provable. there is no reason to believe any of them exist, including (god. ) doesnt mean there is no chance of there being a god, just means there is no reason to believe one exists until proof is seen, ie jesus coming down from the heavens or god literally speaking etc..... there is no reason to believe in any of this until there is a demonstration of proof.

until a metaphysical idea is actually proven or manifests itself then there is no reason to believe it to be true. thats all im saying. religion gets a free pass here

No, what you've been saying for thirty pages is that god is a fiction because god can't be proven.

To which I've been saying: no ****, god can't be proven. That's why belief in god requires FAITH, you idiot.

No, what you've been saying for thirty pages is that god is a fiction because god can't be proven.

To which I've been saying: no ****, god can't be proven. That's why belief in god requires FAITH, you idiot.

No, wrong again. what ive been saying is that god could exist, but until he is proven or manifests himself there is no reason to believe it because it has the same fictional quality as zeus. there is no REASON to believe it.....you can believe god exists, but u dont have any reasons to believe it as so....