The last Watson TD on Mon Night

grammer_police

Didn't it look like the ball hit the ground, and he just covered it up with this body?

It was challenged, and perhaps the replay wasn't conclusive, but when they showed the replay I actually thought it had a decent chance of being overturned.

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I did notice that.

Mabey if we petition the Roger Goodell, he'll just "give it to us" and we will be the win!

Didn't it look like the ball hit the ground, and he just covered it up with this body?

It was challenged, and perhaps the replay wasn't conclusive, but when they showed the replay I actually thought it had a decent chance of being overturned.

Anyone else notice this?

The ball did hit the ground, but that doesn't make it incomplete ever since the rules were changed after the Tampa Bay/St. Louis NFC Championship game about 10 years ago. He kept complete control of the ball all the way to the ground and didn't trap it, so it was a catch.

The ball did hit the ground, but that doesn't make it incomplete ever since the rules were changed after the Tampa Bay/St. Louis NFC Championship game about 10 years ago. He kept complete control of the ball all the way to the ground and didn't trap it, so it was a catch.

Good point. Still hurts though.

The difference was that Watson didn't bobble the ball and the receiver in the Oakland game did. That is what made that not a catch.

Yep, I never even saw the ball move at all once Watson had it. It was really an excellent catch, as much as I hate to admit it.

Anyone else notice this?

Try everyone watching the game since it was reviewed and shown over and over again. He had control of the ball. The ball is allowed to touch the ground as long as you have possesion first or simultaneoulsy. It dates back to the Tampa Bay St. Louis Rams playoff game.