Is Obama the Anti-Christ?

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/20...new-jersey.html

We've been uncovering a remarkable level of anger toward Barack Obama in a lot of our recent polling so for New Jersey we decided to go a step further in determining how extreme some people's feelings are about the President and asked respondents if they think he is the Anti-Christ.

8% said yes. 13% aren't sure. Among Republicans 14% said yes and 15% weren't sure.

Pretty eye popping numbers. The extent to which some people already hate Obama is amazing. We'll test that question nationally this weekend.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you poll hard core liberals on whether Republicans are their equivalents of the anti-Christ, the numbers would probably be equal.

So what do you make out of it?

Some kids will spray paint a neighbor's lawn when they're not happy with an outcome of a game.

What's the hard core godless liberal equivalent of the Anti-Christ?

You know what's really funny? In a poll that shows a 48% disapproval of Obama's job performance, 50% disapproval of his health plan, and 19% who believe that George Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 attacks, Bad L. is able to deduct that NJ Republicans believe Obama is the anti-Christ.

Awesome.

I really enjoyed this comment in the link:

Poll people on whether they think Bloomberg is the incarnation of the ancient Sumerian god Gozer and I bet you'll find a similar number agree.

:)

I've never understood why Christians seem to be afraid of the anti-Christ. His coming portends the coming of the rapture which is the greatest thing that can happen in Christianity. So it would seem to me that the best thing for them to do is to welcome the anti-Christ with open arms. Doing anything they can to give him as much power as possible so the rapture will be hastened.

:censored:

I've never understood why Christians seem to be afraid of the anti-Christ. His coming portends the coming of the rapture which is the greatest thing that can happen in Christianity. So it would seem to me that the best thing for them to do is to welcome the anti-Christ with open arms. Doing anything they can to give him as much power as possible so the rapture will be hastened.

Most Christians haven't read the Bible, which reinforces their belief that the Bible talks about a "Rapture".

Most Christians haven't read the Bible, which reinforces their belief that the Bible talks about a "Rapture".

Actually, the Bible (specifically Revalations) doesn't mention anything about the "Rapture." The Rapture was the invention on a 19th century Scottish preacher who's ideas got blended into popular, contemporary christian literature.

Thank you St. Joe's Religious education . . .

I'm not saying this is completely correct just that it is a thought process to call it the Rapture.

Linky

What is the Rapture?

It describes an event in the future when Jesus Christ will in the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor 15:51), change all believers (living and dead) to immortal, giving them a resurrected body, and catching them up to meet the Lord in the air. People say the word 'Rapture' isn't in the Bible, and this is misleading. The term 'Rapture' comes from the Latin word for the event. This term has been coined for the event rather than the actual Greek word in the text. The Greek word is harpazo. It means to snatch or catch away, used of Paul in being caught up to Paradise, 2 Cor. 12:2, 4. The word is used in 1 Thess 4:16-17, and translated 'caught up'. So, regardless of the word we use to describe the event, it most definitely is a Biblical term. (As much as any English term is, since the Bible wasn't written in English)

I'm not saying this is completely correct just that it is a thought process to call it the Rapture.

Linky

What is the Rapture?

It describes an event in the future when Jesus Christ will in the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor 15:51), change all believers (living and dead) to immortal, giving them a resurrected body, and catching them up to meet the Lord in the air. People say the word 'Rapture' isn't in the Bible, and this is misleading. The term 'Rapture' comes from the Latin word for the event. This term has been coined for the event rather than the actual Greek word in the text. The Greek word is harpazo. It means to snatch or catch away, used of Paul in being caught up to Paradise, 2 Cor. 12:2, 4. The word is used in 1 Thess 4:16-17, and translated 'caught up'. So, regardless of the word we use to describe the event, it most definitely is a Biblical term. (As much as any English term is, since the Bible wasn't written in English)

So it's kind of like The Happening? Does the ending have some crazy twist?

endtimes.org might be one of the best domain names ever!

But does it have a twist ending?

Not for anyone who's a believer. Blessed assurance is the ending.

EDIT: On another note, I don't think men can do anything to hasten the coming of the Lord. It's gonna happen wheni t happens, and only when it's time. So any futile attempts at bringing it about are doomed to fail. SOME Christians are grossly mistaken in attempting to force the hand of God.

On another note, I don't think men can do anything to hasten the coming of the Lord. It's gonna happen wheni t happens, and only when it's time. So any futile attempts at bringing it about are doomed to fail. SOME Christians are grossly mistaken in attempting to force the hand of God.

In other words "What? Me, worry?"

Obama is too much of an Academic wuss to be the anti-christ. He is just the product of system-think. He has the boldness of tofu.

Here is the response someone who actually believes that Obama is the anti-Christ (Just to be clear I don't think he is the anti-Christ). So here is the response - Well isn't that what the anti-Christ wants you to think of him, you know the Devils greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist.

You can never win with a person who is a dumbass.