V-Coach Bulletin

Ramius

I too think it will be very interesting to see if they activate Peters and/or McFarland.

Has anyone been counting how many times McFarland's been active? I've been thinking he and Ritzmann are two candidates for being snuck onto the PS next year if they are still developing, instead of any draftees that will draw more attention.

For all his amazing size, speed, and hype, Peters looked pretty horrible in preseason. I hope he was just an untrained talent that can contribute in the next year or two once he gets some proper coaching. Maybe just teach him 3 or 4 different plays??

Ritzmann and McFarland have been inactive every week.  The only players I can see them deactivating for Peters are Pucillo and Burns.

115988[/snapback]

Do you, or anyone, know the rules for dressing for the game? I know for a fact that Dylan McFarland was fully dressed in pads and uniform for the game last week, but thought that if you were inactive you didn't dress. None of the other players who were inactive were dressed, excluding, of course, the #3 quarterback.

I guess, perhaps, it is the players choice, and some may want to feel more a part of the team. Others may be more comfortable in regular clothes knowing they cannot play no matter what.

Do you, or anyone, know the rules for dressing for the game? I know for a fact that Dylan McFarland was fully dressed in pads and uniform for the game last week, but thought that if you were inactive you didn't dress. None of the other players who were inactive were dressed, excluding, of course, the #3 quarterback.

I guess, perhaps, it is the players choice, and some may want to feel more a part of the team. Others may be more comfortable in regular clothes knowing they cannot play no matter what.

116076[/snapback]

I get my info from NFL.com's gamebooks. They listed McFarland as "not active" (the other categories are "lineups," "subs," and "did not play," which pretty much cover everything).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20041107_NYJ@BUF

I get my info from NFL.com's gamebooks.  They listed McFarland as "not active" (the other categories are "lineups," "subs," and "did not play," which pretty much cover everything).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20041107_NYJ@BUF

116101[/snapback]

I usually use that, too, and went there to look after reading your post because I thought McFarland was active. I thought this because he was standing right in front of me in my view from the stands, and he had his full uniform on, with "McFarland" on the back of his Bills uniform. :) I was surprised and just assumed he was active. I guess the players can dress if they wish.

I usually use that, too, and went there to look after reading your post because I thought McFarland was active. I thought this because he was standing right in front of me in my view from the stands, and he had his full uniform on, with "McFarland" on the back of his Bills uniform.  :) I was surprised and just assumed he was active. I guess the players can dress if they wish.

116122[/snapback]

Seems like committment to me, to dress but know you're not going to play. He also could have been helping players warm-up I guess. I don't know.

didn't a bunch of you posters say that peters would probably be moved to tackle?i am sure i read that alot on the wall.i hope he does well to have a big guy like that on the line who can also catch the ball sounds like a guy i woud like to have on the line for the next 10 years