Who/What is most to blame for the loss on MNF?

Who/what is most to blame for the loss on MNF?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who/What is most to blame for the loss on MNF?

• Poor defensive clock management (not keeping time on the clock)
    • Poor two minute offense (on the last drive)
    • Poor defensive approach in last 5 minutes (not aggressive enough)
    • Poor special teams coaching (Bobby April)
    • Leodis McKelvin
    • Our no huddle offense (not eating the clock enough)
    • Dropped passes killing our drives
    • Offensive penalties killing our drives
    • The Bills didn't lose, the Patriots won
    • Poor coverage by Keith Ellison
    • Poor offensive play (not enough points)

Today is a very high traffic day here and everyone seems to have an opinion on why the Bills ultimately lost. In an attempt to find out if there is a consensus, I created this poll.

I think that it is Leodis McKelvin's fault. He had the ballgame in his hands and coughed it up. Not fumbling does not guarantee a Bills win but if he had not fumbled what are the chances that the Bills win? I think it would be at least 90%

You can point to the other factors but none of them are a single moment in the game like the fumble was. All the other poll choices (it seems to me) point the finger at a group of plays or are a specific period of time during the game.

The fumble was a single, crucial, momentum-swinging play that happened just as many of us were entertaining the thought of victory.

Nonetheless, that's only my opinion. I'd like to know yours.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Huddle. You can't put the ball in Brady's hands THAT many times and not expect to lose. Brady and the pats offense played very very poorly, but give them enough chances and they will burn you.

I'm not in total agreement but I added your suggestion to the poll. So you can vote for it if you want.

Me for allowing myself to get excited before the clock expired.

The guy at my bro-in-law's house who said with about 6 minutes left "At least we won't be 0-6 in the division this year.

The broadcasters talking about the 11 game losing streak, looking like it would end.

but mostly (and I voted for) the defense we played in the last 5 minutes.

Still Ralph.

Yeah Rico...I'm the guy always saying that it all starts at the top. But your response is almost addressing what's wrong with the organization...not why did we lose the game. Kinda like the difference between strategic and tactical.

The poll question is kinda like asking why the Germans lost the Battle of Britain, not why they lost World War II. You're a good poster. I'd like to know your opinion of why we lost the game.

Today is a very high traffic day here and everyone seems to have an opinion on why the Bills ultimately lost. In an attempt to find out if there is a consensus, I created this poll.

I think that it is Leodis McKelvin's fault. He had the ballgame in his hands and coughed it up. Not fumbling does not guarantee a Bills win but if he had not fumbled what are the chances that the Bills win? I think it would be at least 90%

You can point to the other factors but none of them are a single moment in the game like the fumble was. All the other poll choices (it seems to me) point the finger at a group of plays or are a specific period of time during the game.

The fumble was a single, crucial, momentum-swinging play that happened just as many of us were entertaining the thought of victory.

Nonetheless, that's only my opinion. I'd like to know yours.

Ellison and McKelvin. Ellison for getting burned on the same damn play from 30 seconds earlier. You'd think he'd be ready for the same play he gave up a TD just a blip ago. Jeez! McKelvin for thinking one more yard or 2 seconds off the clock was a greater priority than protecting the ball. Friggin stupid. Besides that, it was an awesome game to watch!! If we can bring it like that every game we can compete for the AFC East. I'm a Billiever they're much improved but gotta end the dumbass plays.

Blame #1 is the wide receivers dropping third down passes. We had seven drives. Two were TDs, one was a field goal. The other four ended on 3rd down drops by Evans, Owens, Jackson and Schouman. And blame starts with Evans and Owens, the two veterans who were supposed to be the best unit on the team.

Poor defensive approach in last 5 minutes

Play 1-Cover 2

Play 2-Cover 2

Play 3-Cover 2

Play 4-Cover 2

Play 5-Cover 2

Yep.

I'm not sure if there was one blitz in the last five minutes either. Tom was at his shakiest when there was someone near his knee.

EDIT: I think this is the same reason we lost the Dallas MNG as well.

Blame #1 is the wide receivers dropping third down passes. We had seven drives. Two were TDs, one was a field goal. The other four ended on 3rd down drops by Evans, Owens, Jackson and Schouman. And blame starts with Evans and Owens, the two veterans who were supposed to be the best unit on the team.

I'll add this to the poll choices. I'll also add "drive-killing penalties." Seems there were two or maybe three drives where we weren't able to overcome penalties.

Yeah Rico...I'm the guy always saying that it all starts at the top. But your response is almost addressing what's wrong with the organization...not why did we lose the game. Kinda like the difference between strategic and tactical.

The poll question is kinda like asking why the Germans lost the Battle of Britain, not why they lost World War II. You're a good poster. I'd like to know your opinion of why we lost the game.

Tom Brady. Still by far the best QB in the game. Bills didn't so much lose as Pats won.

But the correct answer is still Ralph. <_<

I voted for Special Teams for a few reasons.

1. Our kickoff coverage played especially poor and allowed several good runbacks.

2. Brian Moorman seemed off. Both distance and hang time were down.

3. PR/KR were pedestrian.

4. The final fumble by Leodis.

agreed April's boys seem horrible this year, maybe due to the new rules he can't scheme around

At the very least, he should have told Leodis not to run it back into traffic with the "hands" team out there blocking for him.

Get it together, Bobby