Well, I told you so

Never called a win, but here's what I said. Listen, there's a reason the spread held at 10.5; Vegas was daring you to bet on the Pats. I was off by a few yards, but hopefully the 95% of Bills fans out there that predicted a 35-point blowout will remember next year that the PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. Go Bills, can't wait for Sunday!

Sep 1 2009, 09:20 AM

I want to be the first to say I told you so, after the season opener. I am so sick of the g*ddamn negativity on this board, in the media, etc. because of a few pre-season games. Have they looked bad? Of course. But I've been watching football long enough to know that the pre-season is not always a perfect indicator as to how a team is going to show up and play in Week 1. If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught. I live in Denver- do you have any idea how bad the Broncos are going to suck this year? Everyone says on here, "we'll lucky to win five games this year." Then how many are the Broncos going to win? Our talent level is so ridiculously superior to theirs. But I digress. I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

Sep 3 2009, 09:23 AM Post #58

I want to make clear for the record what it is I'm calling, so when we wake up on September 15th, the top thread on the page will read, "I told you so." I am saying that the Bills offense will look exponentially more in sync than it has in the pre-season (at least 21 pts., at least 300-350 yards and not garbage time points and yards) and it will be a competitive football game. That's all. If the Bills look as miserable as 95% of you think they will because the pre-season is, of course, a nearly flawless indicator as to how a team is going to perform in the regular season, then I will concede that the collective you (the royal you) was in fact correct and I was wrong.

Never called a win, but here's what I said. Listen, there's a reason the spread held at 10.5; Vegas was daring you to bet on the Pats. I was off by a few yards, but hopefully the 95% of Bills fans out there that predicted a 35-point blowout will remember next year that the PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. Go Bills, can't wait for Sunday!

I want to be the first to say I told you so, after the season opener. I am so sick of the g*ddamn negativity on this board, in the media, etc. because of a few pre-season games. Have they looked bad? Of course. But I've been watching football long enough to know that the pre-season is not always a perfect indicator as to how a team is going to show up and play in Week 1. If they march down the field and score a TD in their first drive, then all of this time you people have spent whining and complaining will have been for naught. I live in Denver- do you have any idea how bad the Broncos are going to suck this year? Everyone says on here, "we'll lucky to win five games this year." Then how many are the Broncos going to win? Our talent level is so ridiculously superior to theirs. But I digress. I'm not predicting a victory in Week 1, but I am predicting that the offense will look a lot better than it has in the stupid pre-season and we will put up a hell of a fight on national TV. Now all I wanna know is, who's comin with me...

I want to make clear for the record what it is I'm calling, so when we wake up on September 15th, the top thread on the page will read, "I told you so." I am saying that the Bills offense will look exponentially more in sync than it has in the pre-season (at least 21 pts., at least 300-350 yards and not garbage time points and yards) and it will be a competitive football game. That's all. If the Bills look as miserable as 95% of you think they will because the pre-season is, of course, a nearly flawless indicator as to how a team is going to perform in the regular season, then I will concede that the collective you (the royal you) was in fact correct and I was wrong.

They lost. Period. How they did means nothing. This is a win or lose, pass/fail league. they failed. on national TV. again.

They lost. Period. How they did means nothing. This is a win or lose, pass/fail league. they failed. on national TV. again.

True, but I would rather lose knowing that we could and should have won the game rather than get hopelessly blown out by the Pats as we did a couple of years ago.

Given the way they lost yesterday, I still have hope that they can make something of this season.

How did you know that the Bills would fire their OC and have a new guy who knew what was doing !?!?!?!?

Who are your sources?