If you are the FO / Coach how do you fill the gaps on defense?

ACor58

1.) If Kelsay injury is serious do you bring Copeland Bryan back?

He's in Detroit. I'd start Aaron Maybin and let the kid get better w/ reps.

2.) Do you move Nic Harris to start for Ellison?

Maybe. Moving Kawika Mitchell inside isn't the answer in this scheme. I know I wouldn't be comfortable w/ him as a middle 'backer in a cover 2.

3.) Do you bring Derrick Brooks in for a look?

No.

4.) Do you look for any FA middle LBs out there?

For depth purposes maybe. That's 'bout it.

1.) If Kelsay injury is serious do you bring Copeland Bryan back?

I guess not. Ellis was ahead of Bryan anyway didn't even play against NE so for now we stand pat. I'd keep my eye out for opportunities, however.

2.) Do you move Nic Harris to start for Ellison?

Why, Ellison isn't hurt... and he played pretty darn well except on that TD pass to Watson. I think it's Buggs for now in the run set.

3.) Do you bring Derrick Brooks in for a look?

Nah. Let's give the young guys the experience. Brooks isn't what he used to be.

4.) Do you look for any FA middle LBs out there?

Depends on who it is, but anybody good is likely playing for someone...

Maybe. Moving Kawika Mitchell inside isn't the answer in this scheme. I know I wouldn't be comfortable w/ him as a middle 'backer in a cover 2.

Well there ya have it... we have to scrap this cover 2 crap. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I agree on starting Maybin but we still need depth.

Were pretty solid at DE with Ellis and Denney as the backups; however, the linebackers are a different story. Athletically, all of them can play...but this group has no experience and will make their fair share of mental mistakes.

However, I really don't see the point in bringing in someone like D. Brooks because all it's going to do is take away from their development. The Bills could be a fringe team this year...but looking to the future, this team could make a deep playoff run. We could definitely use a playmaker at OLB, but it's something that should be addressed in the offseason.