I hate the Bills and I hate you

SoCal Pat

You know who you are. You're the one that points out the positives from last night's game -- many of them -- when I'm ready to get on with my life and do something more productive on fall Sundays.

Over the last two-plus years, this team has tried my patience more than it ever has. And I have all of you to blame (along with a healthy dose of my own inbred optimism) for actually thinking about following this team over the Internet next week against Tampa Bay.

See, I would normally be watching the game, but after last year, I swore of Sunday Ticket -- my first game with it was our last win against the Pats. It's been all downhill ever since. I do have three kids, you know, and as a father, it's my duty to protect my kids from mind-altering substances. And goodness knows watching the Bills makes me batshit crazy. I would be dirilect in my duties as a father to allow that crap into my home. Last night I had no choice.

Unfortunately, I might be too late. My 8-year-old son is in the early stages of addiction, and will likely demand we make the 3-hour trip from Wichita to KC in December when the Bills visit.

I feel like such a failure.

You know who you are. You're the one that points out the positives from last night's game -- many of them -- when I'm ready to get on with my life and do something more productive on fall Sundays.

Over the last two-plus years, this team has tried my patience more than it ever has. And I have all of you to blame (along with a healthy dose of my own inbred optimism) for actually thinking about following this team over the Internet next week against Tampa Bay.

See, I would normally be watching the game, but after last year, I swore of Sunday Ticket -- my first game with it was our last win against the Pats. It's been all downhill ever since. I do have three kids, you know, and as a father, it's my duty to protect my kids from mind-altering substances. And goodness knows watching the Bills makes me batshit crazy. I would be dirilect in my duties as a father to allow that crap into my home. Last night I had no choice.

Unfortunately, I might be too late. My 8-year-old son is in the early stages of addiction, and will likely demand we make the 3-hour trip from Wichita to KC in December when the Bills visit.

HI PAT!

<applause ensues>

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Buddy we all feel your pain, but before the game started, did you honestly think we would win? Probably not, but just like you I did expect them to win after being up 11.

With that said, I really hate this team sometimes. Mostly after our MNF losses, but I was excited to watch to game last night and UNFORTUNATLEY I CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE GAME VS TB NEXT SUNDAY.

The Bills are like a bad car accident that you pass and cant help but watch.....

Someday, someday, the Bills will win, and I will die a happy man

Take the bullets out of the gun and have a beer. Geeezus.

I read that artical and there was a study done, that more people have heart attacks when their team loses.

So ok, I ammend it to they haven't killed me yet LOL where as ciggs probly will first, one good thing though, I played hooky and I watched it in my morning because I live in bangkok but maybe that is a good thing because I wasn't tired and stressed by my day.

It's all good. If nothing else, take the O-line's play and use that as a motivator. They finally, and I mean FINALLY realized you need great lines to be a great team. We're in those first few steps of getting better. Now lets work a deal to get a bonafide pass rusher and a stud LB, and we'll finally start to turn the corner.

I find this a reasonable viewpoint, all in all.

It is just a game and only entertainment. If a loss hits you this hard then you should get some perspective and move on. I am a Bills fan to my core but not at the expense of the many other truly important things in my life.

It is just a game and only entertainment. If a loss hits you this hard then you should get some perspective and move on. I am a Bills fan to my core but not at the expense of the many other truly important things in my life.

See Post #9.

See Post #9.

Hard to see humor given the title and tone of the post. To each their own. My only point was that you have to come to grips with the idea that the game of football (from a fan's perspective - I know Kevin Everett is living a far different reality) is really not life and death. It can be fun, entertaining and yes, even heartbreaking, but truly not something to overshadow the things in life with real meaning (family, friends, faith, etc).

Guest dog14787

If the loss last night didn't hit you hard, then you are not a die hard Bills fan. I kept running the what ifs through my head last night, what if we had saved one more time out, what if McKelvin just kneels down, what if TE avoids the sack.

Then I have to listen to folks brag about the miracle worker Tom Brady get glorified and justify everyone including Boomer for going against a Bills win AND IT MAKES ME SICK!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BECAUSE TOM BRADY SHOULD HAVE LOST THE F%$KING GAME!!!!!! <_<

If the loss last night didn't hit you hard, then you are not a die hard Bills fan. I kept running the what ifs through my head last night, what if we had saved one more time out, what if McKelvin just kneels down, what if TE avoids the sack.

Then I have to listen to folks brag about the miracle worker Tom Brady get glorified and justify everyone including Boomer for going against a Bills win AND IT MAKES ME SICK!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BECAUSE TOM BRADY SHOULD HAVE LOST THE F%$KING GAME!!!!!! <_<

Yes, the loss hit me hard, ask my wife if you wish she observed how stunned and disappointed I was.

However, today is a new day. It is a game a loss in a football game will never compare to the loss of a loved one or friend for example. A loss in a game will never overshadow the disapointment one would feel at the loss of a job, etc. etc. I was simply trying to say to Pat perspective is a good thing.

In the NFL, teams that are improving show they can play with the big boys, but then find a heartbreaking way to lose, because of inexperience, etc. The next step is they start to finally close out the game with a win.

The problem is for 10 years or more (Music City Miracle onward) we keep coming back to the first step (after some dismal seasons and games) of almost winning, but we never get to the step where we finally win against the good teams. Will we ever get to that step again!!!!!

Coaches, players, and fans all have this in common in Buffalo: :thumbsup:<_<:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: + 2 more (won't allow more than 10 wallbashes)

12 in a row losses to the most despicable cheating* football team to ever infest this world, with the most annoying fans in the world. Even my 15 year old daughter can't stand the smirk of NE* fans any longer.

Guest dog14787
In the NFL, teams that are improving show they can play with the big boys, but then find a heartbreaking way to lose, because of inexperience, etc. The next step is they start to finally close out the game with a win.

The problem is for 10 years or more (Music City Miracle onward) we keep coming back to the first step (after some dismal seasons and games) of almost winning, but we never get to the step where we finally win against the good teams. Will we ever get to that step again!!!!!

Coaches, players, and fans all have this in common in Buffalo: :lol::P:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: + 2 more (won't allow more than 10 wallbashes)

12 in a row losses to the most despicable cheating* football team to ever infest this world, with the most annoying fans in the world. Even my 15 year old daughter can't stand the smirk of NE* fans any longer.

How about the smug, you can't beat us look on Randy Moss's face. :wallbash: ( had to take a wallbash from you)