Maybin Confident About Monday Night

H2o

What is the obvioius "pass down" situations against a team like New England? They will throw on 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd down. So I guess you have to play him the whole game. I think if Maybin is in there and you get some push up front in the middle we will be okay. But will he be and how often?

This is only me, but a lot of the reason that the Pats* looked anemic late in the 16 - 0 season is that they couldn't run because they hadn't done much of it. Expect a much more balanced attack out of them this year.

And if I were an OC and saw Maybin in regularly on 1st and 10, I'd run right over him again and again and again. I'd be thrilled to see him in there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a business owner, I shall also throw Ralph some credit- mainly for NOT overpaying for services that should not be overpaid for. Men who LOVE to play A GAME, should not be overpaid for playing A GAME. It's a F K ing game! It's not taking a bullet on war-torn front-line.

Yeah, yeah. Like, Green Bay shouldn't have overpaid for Reggie White. And the Pats* were idiots to overpay for Brady. I hate that organization. And the Colts definitely overpaid for P. Manning and the Giants for his brother. Morons.

Your strategy will lead to having a really cohesive team that loves to play together. And loses all of it's best players to free agency and never smells the Super Bowl again.

Well, this is funny. 1.5 months ago, everyone was down on RUSS BRANDON for drafting Maybin. Hhmmm. I don't see the same vibe on this thread (or others lately). That's why I joined, and that's why most of my input is negative (mainly towards fellow posters & repliers). Stupid people piss me off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... get off Brandon's case. He's doing a pretty God Damn fabulous job. ...especially, considering he has a coach, whom he did not choose, that has no emotion and cannot get out of textbook mode for gameday, and an owner whom WE all know so well for being 'Thrifty'. There won't be any tarps at the Ralph in '09. We have a good GM... one who bleeds crimson red and royal blue.

As a business owner, I shall also throw Ralph some credit- mainly for NOT overpaying for services that should not be overpaid for. Men who LOVE to play A GAME, should not be overpaid for playing A GAME. It's a F K ing game! It's not taking a bullet on war-torn front-line.

Oh, so it's entertainment (you say)... you gullible media-driven nit wit & psychologically nude can't-think-for-yoursefl twink... In that case, the pay should be even less. Entertainment is not an essential amino acid.

All you anti-Russ Brandon people get off the man's case. Let's hope Maybin doesn't mirror Jauron's intensity Monday Night.

What, exactly, did Brandon have to do with drafting Maybin? It was Nix, Modrak, Jauron, Fewell, and Wilson's call. Russ Brandon is nothing more than a "pitch man". He's not out there scouting college players. He is the guy who has come up with a marketing plan in hopes of earning Wilson some money and if he's unsuccessful at it, he'll be shown the door. The final say is on Ralph and I'm sure he trusted the reasoning of Modrak and Nix more than anyone. Russ Brandon drafting Maybin, LOL!!! :flirt:

Yeah, yeah. Like, Green Bay shouldn't have overpaid for Reggie White. And the Pats* were idiots to overpay for Brady. I hate that organization. And the Colts definitely overpaid for P. Manning and the Giants for his brother. Morons.

Your strategy will lead to having a really cohesive team that loves to play together. And loses all of it's best players to free agency and never smells the Super Bowl again.

Thanks for the tip Mr. Ch 11.

What, exactly, did Brandon have to do with drafting Maybin? It was Nix, Modrak, Jauron, Fewell, and Wilson's call. Russ Brandon is nothing more than a "pitch man". He's not out there scouting college players. He is the guy who has come up with a marketing plan in hopes of earning Wilson some money and if he's unsuccessful at it, he'll be shown the door. The final say is on Ralph and I'm sure he trusted the reasoning of Modrak and Nix more than anyone. Russ Brandon drafting Maybin, LOL!!! :flirt:

Seriously. People operate under the assumption that Brandon actually is the General Manager of this team. Its just a title. I'm sure he's allowed to give his opinion, but its farfetched to think he's running this time like a Polian or Newsome. There are a lot of voices in the room at OBD; its a collaborative effort.

It's crazy to say but knowing our penchant for playing veterans over rookies I don't think Maybin would have started week 1 even if he made all of training camp. I could be wrong but even at draft time they were talking about just bringing in Maybin on obvious pass down situations.

I know I'm not the coach but I say make this guy the starter Week 1 on every down. Let this kid loose! Tell him his only job is to go after the QB EVERY play! If he meets the RB on the way so be it. LOL.

I've said it before, just cover him up with a line backer and/or a safety and let him do his thing.

LOL. Looked at the OL lately?

It's amazing how many a s s hol es we have on our own team (w/in TBD). My rant is not of stragety, but of sense & prudence in business (and on earth)- beyond the game. You might just be a fan of Desperate Housewives because you have 'lack of reality written all over you.

Get it (boy)...? ...it's a game. Dairy Farmers should be making the millions, thus should be striking under current pathetic conditions in their respective industry. No, I'm not a Farmer, but F You. I did it for 10 years. What have you done that might impress me? You little twink.

The Saturday Night Pats don't overpay for anyone. Brady gets paid for what he accomplishes. N.E. wins because there's understanding of 'team' concepts, trust and they have decent, albeit unethical, pre-game & gameday coaching.

He's a liability against the run right now, whereas Kelsay and Denney handle it pretty well. That's why you should expect to see Maybin as a situational guy. Which should help, because the average rookie DE wears down late in the season when he has played more games in one year than he ever has before.

Maybin should be spared that, and can probably put on a few pounds of weight in the off-season and get in pro-style physical shape and then maybe we'll see him as a full-timer.

That's what everyone says that they are better against the run. Personally I don't think they are anything special. How bad does the coaching staff think that Maybin is against the run? He didn't look bad to me in limited action in the preseason.

It's really more of an issue of whether he starts or not to me. I haven't heard about rookie DEs wearing down any more than any other rookie. Even if he does start we do rotate our d-linemen so this would hopefully minimize any potential "wearing down" at the end of the year.

This is only me, but a lot of the reason that the Pats* looked anemic late in the 16 - 0 season is that they couldn't run because they hadn't done much of it. Expect a much more balanced attack out of them this year.

And if I were an OC and saw Maybin in regularly on 1st and 10, I'd run right over him again and again and again. I'd be thrilled to see him in there.

First of all I haven't seen him being bad against the run. Everyone is regurgitating what scouts and pundits said during the draft. He indeed could be a liability somewhat for all I know. This is why I suggested covering him up with a linebacker and/or safety. Hey, at least we would know where they were running :flirt: That in itself is a benefit! LOL.

Seriously. People operate under the assumption that Brandon actually is the General Manager of this team. Its just a title. I'm sure he's allowed to give his opinion, but its farfetched to think he's running this time like a Polian or Newsome. There are a lot of voices in the room at OBD; its a collaborative effort.

Well... good point... so everytime some s h i t goes south, everyone should remember your post and not name Russ Brandon as the cause of failure. would you rather have a pompous outsider fk-up like Tom Domnahoe back at the helm?

Continually, on-&-on... I read FO as the blame of the current state of the team. It's not the case. Gameday blunders cost us 2 games per year under DJ.

There's immense (and underutilized) talent on this team. We have a wussazz defensive strategy. We have a ghost for a head coach.

QUOTE (PDaDdy @ Sep 12 2009, 04:07 PM) *

It's crazy to say but knowing our penchant for playing veterans over rookies I don't think Maybin would have started week 1 even if he made all of training camp. I could be wrong but even at draft time they were talking about just bringing in Maybin on obvious pass down situations.

I know I'm not the coach but I say make this guy the starter Week 1 on every down. Let this kid loose! Tell him his only job is to go after the QB EVERY play! If he meets the RB on the way so be it. LOL.

I've said it before, just cover him up with a line backer and/or a safety and let him do his thing.

LOL. Looked at the OL lately?

Heh Heh...Yes...We don't have any veterans to play over the rookies!!! They showed them all the door :flirt: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

It's amazing how many a s s hol es we have on our own team (w/in TBD). My rant is not of stragety, but of sense & prudence in business (and on earth)- beyond the game. You might just be a fan of Desperate Housewives because you have 'lack of reality written all over you.

Get it (boy)...? ...it's a game. Dairy Farmers should be making the millions, thus should be striking under current pathetic conditions in their respective industry. No, I'm not a Farmer, but F You. I did it for 10 years. What have you done that might impress me? You little twink.

The Saturday Night Pats don't overpay for anyone. Brady gets paid for what he accomplishes. N.E. wins because there's understanding of 'team' concepts, trust and they have decent, albeit unethical, pre-game & gameday coaching.

Is paying fair market value for a great player over paying?

Is paying fair market value for a great player over paying?

Fair would be more fair if there were no (no p u s s y get-n mf'ers) like Danny 4-eye Snyder or Jerome Jones. Dudes that have more money than brain screw everything up. They don't (need to) think- they simply react. No skill required as long as there's cash. What fun life would be to be so care-free and unresponsible... almost like living in NY State on Welfare (on my dime).

Just as the housing market collapsed, so should NFL salaries.

Fair would be more fair if there were no (no p u s s y get-n mf'ers) like Danny 4-eye Snyder or Jerome Jones. Dudes that have more money than brain screw everything up. They don't (need to) think- they simply react. No skill required as long as there's cash. What fun life would be to be so care-free and unresponsible... almost like living in NY State on Welfare (on my dime).

I don't loose sleep over it. What do we want a communist state? Supply and demand is at the very heart of and is the basis for our capitalist free market society. Other teams have to work under the exact same salary cap that we do.

Seriously, bob, not everyone on here is an adult. Why don't you tone it down a little bit bruh. There are other ways to get your point across that don't include typing a minimum of 3 curse words per sentence :flirt:

Seriously, bob, not everyone on here is an adult. Why don't you tone it down a little bit bruh. There are other ways to get your point across that don't include typing a minimum of 3 curse words per sentence :flirt:

I assumed it was just the liquor talkin'.

Bob, players are salaried employees of their respective NFL franchises. Whether the company they work for makes a profit or operates at a deficit their salaries are what they are. As many employers have done in this tough economy you can lay off part of your work force but you don't screw with a man's pay check.

Sorry to say Bob, it sounds like a bit of class envy going on. We wish we could play the game they play for 1/10 the money. Truth is we aren't good enough and these fellows were blessed with not only truly uncommon athletic ability but also the work ethic to take advantage of it. Don't be a hater.

The sad part of it is that all this talk of contracts reminds us that this is a business and not the game we played for free as children for the sheer fun of it. Despite the hype of the glamorous lifestyle that you envy or deplore these guys work their asses off and get beat up on a daily basis. They have lasting injuries for the rest of their lives and last I heard also generally have shorter lifespans.

These guys deserve their pay checks.

Sorry to say Bob, it sounds like a bit of class envy going on. We wish we could play the game they play for 1/10 the money. Truth is we aren't good enough and these fellows were blessed with not only truly uncommon athletic ability but also the work ethic to take advantage of it. Don't be a hater.

Nah man, you got it all wrong. He is obviously Michael Savage and therefore rich.

Oh, so it's entertainment (you say)... you gullible media-driven nit wit & psychologically nude can't-think-for-yoursefl twink... In that case, the pay should be even less. Entertainment is not an essential amino acid.

One final observation, when the evil monkey thinks you have gone off the reservation, you may have issues.

First of all I haven't seen him being bad against the run. Everyone is regurgitating what scouts and pundits said during the draft. He indeed could be a liability somewhat for all I know. This is why I suggested covering him up with a linebacker and/or safety. Hey, at least we would know where they were running :flirt: That in itself is a benefit! LOL.

I agree, why is it that you hear "this saftey plays the run well", Maybin has at least the body of a LB & is fast, if he knows how to tackle, he should be able to stop the run.