Newsweek

BillsNYC

My fiance got me that Newsweek issue about the election. I started reading it this morning and its filled with great articles. Def worth picking up.

114246[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, because I'm in the same boat (fiance, planning a wedding), how much input am I actually required/wanted to do on this wedding thing? Basically, she asks my opinion, then in many cases, she does what she wants anyway. Is this how it's supposed to go?

Just out of curiosity, because I'm in the same boat (fiance, planning a wedding), how much input am I actually required/wanted to do on this wedding thing?  Basically, she asks my opinion, then in many cases, she does what she wants anyway.  Is this how it's supposed to go?

114263[/snapback]

YES....just remember to say to yourself "It's not our wedding, its HER wedding". And be prepared for changes. SHe had all the colors picked out, and then 2 weeks ago, picked out a dress and now all the colors had to be changed to suit it. Just yes her, but don't lead on that you're yes-ing her.

For all eternity. Get used to it.

114266[/snapback]

So I should pretend to be helping without actually doing anything? Do I still get to sneak stuff by her, like changing the music at the last second, or putting the all the groomsmen in Hawaiian shirts and Chuck Taylors?

Just out of curiosity, because I'm in the same boat (fiance, planning a wedding), how much input am I actually required/wanted to do on this wedding thing?  Basically, she asks my opinion, then in many cases, she does what she wants anyway.  Is this how it's supposed to go?

114263[/snapback]

If your avatar is a picture of you and she's letting you keep that hair, you have nothing to complain about.

So I should pretend to be helping without actually doing anything?  Do I still get to sneak stuff by her, like changing the music at the last second, or putting the all the groomsmen in Hawaiian shirts and Chuck Taylors?

114278[/snapback]

Sneak anything by her and be prepared to suffer. :lol:

As the song says from which you got your signature quote, you are about to be 'institutionalized'. But it ain't so bad.

:)

So I should pretend to be helping without actually doing anything?  Do I still get to sneak stuff by her, like changing the music at the last second, or putting the all the groomsmen in Hawaiian shirts and Chuck Taylors?

114278[/snapback]

By all means you should sneak as much stuff by her as possible.

For future referance: http://www.pickalawyer.com/Divorce.htm

114263[/snapback]

Yes. Most importantly you must feign interest in the smallest of details even though you likely don't care and your opinion doesn't matter anyway. As Paco said, welcome to the rest of your life.

Be prepared to be wrong about everything - even when you do EXACTLY what she asked you to do EXACTLY the way she wanted it done.

This is a day she's been dreaming about since she was 3 years old. Coincidentally, virtually the same time frame you've been avoiding commitment like it was bubonic. No matter how perfect it is, she won't be happy until the pictures are safely tucked away in a photo album.

Good luck.

Awesome...You guys are very wise.  So, let me see if I've got this...feign interest, get a hair cut, get a lawyer, my life is over.

114313[/snapback]

And don't forget to apologize.

P.S. If you have to ask why your apologizing, you're not really apologizing. Proceed back to step 1 and begin again.

114263[/snapback]

LOL you think it's bad now, wait till you've been married for 5 years or more. :blink:

Awesome...You guys are very wise.  So, let me see if I've got this...feign interest, get a hair cut, get a lawyer, my life is over.

114313[/snapback]

Get used to ALWAYS being wrong. ALWAYS.

My husband has, so I am sure you can.

114313[/snapback]

Naa, not over. A lot of married folks say "he/she takes me for granted!!!" and get angry and bust up...So what? Would you like to wake up each day wondering if you were only special to your spouse if you did something excessively charming each and every day? Nope - the nicest thing about marriage is that you CAN take each other for granted (within LIMITS, of course :D...), that you can be confortable and easy-going because you both know and cherish the fact that you are for each other no matter what. And work on that. It can be as easy and unifying as planning a garden or a flower box together, studying up what grows when and where. Cook at home, and together enjoy recipes that worked out and laugh together at the utter disasters.

You could be the next Einstein or Schweitzer. Your honey could be the next Oppenheimer or Nightengale. But find and hold fast to a common ground that you mutually laugh at, are pleased-as-punch-at, or wing your hands at.

Got it? :lol::blink:

Naa, not over. A lot of married folks say "he/she takes me for granted!!!" and get angry and bust up...So what? Would you like to wake up each day wondering if you were only special to your spouse if you did something excessively charming each and every day? Nope - the nicest thing about marriage is that you CAN take each other for granted (within LIMITS, of course :D...), that you can be confortable and easy-going because you both know and cherish the fact that you are for each other no matter what.  And work on that. It can be as easy and unifying as planning a garden or a flower box together, studying up what grows when and where. Cook at home, and together enjoy recipes that worked out and laugh together at the utter disasters.

You could be the next Einstein or Schweitzer. Your honey could be the next Oppenheimer or Nightengale. But find and hold fast to a common ground that you mutually laugh at, are pleased-as-punch-at, or wing your hands at.

Got it? :lol:  :blink:

115003[/snapback]

This is great advice, really, in light of all the sarcasm we spew about the subject.

But I wasn't kidding about blowjobs. Better get 'em while you can because when you see your fiance walking down the aisle all beautiful in her lace-covered wedding gown, smiling from ear to ear, it's simply because she knows she won't have to give another blowjob for the rest of her life.