Newsweek

BillsNYC

This is great advice, really, in light of all the sarcasm we spew about the subject.

But I wasn't kidding about blowjobs. Better get 'em while you can because when you see your fiance walking down the aisle all beautiful in her lace-covered wedding gown, smiling from ear to ear, it's simply because she knows she won't have to give another blowjob for the rest of her life.

115032[/snapback]

Stop stealing my wisdom. ****.

Just out of curiosity, because I'm in the same boat (fiance, planning a wedding), how much input am I actually required/wanted to do on this wedding thing?  Basically, she asks my opinion, then in many cases, she does what she wants anyway.  Is this how it's supposed to go?

114263[/snapback]

Nothing really to add to what everyone else said. Basically...the groom's ornamental. A necessary evil that allows the bride to identify herself as the bride to others. Your responsibilities are: the tux, repeating "Yes, dear" ad nauseaum, and licking the thank-you envelopes. If, at any time, you identify any other task that you think you should be doing...you give it to your mother, that's what she's for. But really...you already proposed, your job's largely done. :blink:

And by the way...the above has been fact-checked by my wife of two months, and found to be accurate. :D

Nothing really to add to what everyone else said.  Basically...the groom's ornamental.  A necessary evil that allows the bride to identify herself as the bride to others.  Your responsibilities are: the tux, repeating "Yes, dear" ad nauseaum, and licking the thank-you envelopes.  If, at any time, you identify any other task that you think you should be doing...you give it to your mother, that's what she's for.  But really...you already proposed, your job's largely done.  :blink:

And by the way...the above has been fact-checked by my wife of two months, and found to be accurate.  :D

115141[/snapback]

You forgot, spending lots of money.

Just out of curiosity, because I'm in the same boat (fiance, planning a wedding), how much input am I actually required/wanted to do on this wedding thing?  Basically, she asks my opinion, then in many cases, she does what she wants anyway.  Is this how it's supposed to go?

114263[/snapback]

Wedding planning "prepares" you for marriage. Let me explain. Your fiance comes home and says, "sweety, what set of china do you like, the gold leaf trim or the amish motif?" You answer, "well, I think the gold-leaf trim looks great." BLAMO! You get blasted for your lack of taste, sensativity, and/or tact. THe next day, (after you have endured piercing looks and silence since the last incident) the fiance comes to you and asks whether the napkins should match the bride maids dresses or should they match the bride's dress. You are about to blurt out your sincere opinion, but you stop and check yourself like Pavlov's dog and respond, "dear, I respect your opinion and taste and have confidence in your choice, I am happy with WHAT EVER YOU THINK!" At that moment you have discovered the essence and secret of marital bliss. ENJOY!