OT concert review

LewPort71

http://www.trans-siberian.com/ontour/index.php

Above is the tour list for Trans-Siberian Orchestra....They have TWO tour groups and last night in Chas, WV was the first for the east coast group.

Lew's review:

Trans-Siberia Orchestra is a group that combines rock music with a Christmas theme into a elongated tale about the 'meaning' of Christmas...There is a violin/cello component on stage as well as a Narrator, drummer, 2 keyboardists, 3 guitarists and assorted singers...The first part of the concert was the playing of the recent CD titled "The Lost Christmas Eve" Fabulous musicians, great presentation..Then a brief time out was used to introduce all the performers and banter with the audience...

After the timeout the band played selected songs from their other CD's including Beethovens Last Night. During one song the lead guitarist took his 'ax' in the crowd and went upstairs to the balcony...There he played a cool solo.. An extended encore concluded a 2.5 hour presentation that included the most intense light show I have ever seen...I'd hate to pay the electric bill for the lights...The light show designer and set up crew gets A+ from this reviewer...After the concert the members of the band went to the front lobby and signed autographs for all who wanted to stay...

Over all I give this an A...I can highly recommend this concert and recommend you wear sunglasses as the light show was bright ...

As a bonus, TSO donated $1 from each ticket sold to a local charity...

I can't wait to go. Bought tickets a few months ago (even posted about the pre-sale here). They'll be here on Dec 5th and I have 10th row tickets. :D

We went last year and it was *amazing.* Even my wife's grandmother (80 years old) LOVED the show...

Did they do any pyrotechnics this year? They did some for "Beethoven's Last Night" last year. Very cool.

CW

I can't wait to go.  Bought tickets a few months ago (even posted about the pre-sale here).  They'll be here on Dec 5th and I have 10th row tickets. :D

We went last year and it was *amazing.*  Even my wife's grandmother (80 years old) LOVED the show...

Did they do any pyrotechnics this year?  They did some for "Beethoven's Last Night" last year.  Very cool.

CW

114140[/snapback]

The Bills are playing on December 5th - in Miami ... you've made plans about that i hope?

The Bills are playing on December 5th - in Miami ... you've made plans about that i hope?

114142[/snapback]

Concert's at night.

Although I'd actually TiVo the game and go to the concert instead -- it's that good.

CW

There were no pyrotechnics, but that might be due to the facility where the concert was....

In the new CD there are a lot of references to 'snow' and at one point snow falls from the light stand..Then the laser lights are engaged and the effect is amazing...

Again, the lights are fantastic and worth the ticket price....

I can highly recommend this show...

Ticketmaster is easy too..Hey, if I can do ticketmaster, I know anyone here can...LOL