Just a theory

Stussy109

Are the bills cleaning house to make room for an extension for T Edwards? The guy makes a 460k salary, and is the lowest paid starting QB in the league. Assuming he wins us some games, I would not be surprised to see an extension announced mid season so as to put some of his salary on this years cap. All of Edwards peers make 15-20x's what he makes.

Just my opinion.

Actually, the space is being made for T-McGee. They have to get his contract extended before Monday.

Makes sense, he completely slipped my mind being in the last yr of his contract. He's one of the best we have on D.

Makes sense, he completely slipped my mind being in the last yr of his contract. He's one of the best we have on D.

not only that but if we don't we'll probably be calling another cornerback's name on the first day of the draft next April. I know we'd all love that.

Or better yet leave an injury prone QB to play behind a shambled O-line and when he fails to produce this year you can let him go. Then you sign a free agent O-lineman, can draft a CB in Round 1 of the draft replace him in about 4 years, draft a QB in Round 3 of the draft and start the rebuilding process over and over again. Perhaps Wilson isn't as dumb as we make him out to be because by never building a winner he never has to pay players big time money to compete with the Jones' (and Krafts' etc) yet still find a way to make money because fans continue to sell out his stadium.

Or better yet leave an injury prone QB to play behind a shambled O-line and when he fails to produce this year you can let him go. Then you sign a free agent O-lineman, can draft a CB in Round 1 of the draft replace him in about 4 years, draft a QB in Round 3 of the draft and start the rebuilding process over and over again. Perhaps Wilson isn't as dumb as we make him out to be because by never building a winner he never has to pay players big time money to compete with the Jones' (and Krafts' etc) yet still find a way to make money because fans continue to sell out hist stadium.

Do you need a hug?

Are the bills cleaning house to make room for an extension for T Edwards? The guy makes a 460k salary, and is the lowest paid starting QB in the league. Assuming he wins us some games, I would not be surprised to see an extension announced mid season so as to put some of his salary on this years cap. All of Edwards peers make 15-20x's what he makes.

Just my opinion.

Hey that would be right up there in idiotic moves for that stooge of a front office...extend a below average over-hyped QB who has proven nothing

OMG @ the stupidity here. I'm so sick of people making the statement that Ralph Wilson doesn't want to win because he makes money by running a mediocre team. Winning is more lucrative than losing, period. The additional salary you have to shell out for quality players pays for itself when you start making post season runs. To think that a mediocre franchise is more valuable than a winning franchise is absurd beyond description, and to think that Ralph Wilson believes that is even worse. OMFG you have a brain, try using it.

The Bills sell out their stadium because the prices are CHEAP. If they charged the same ticket prices as the Pats or Eagles, they would NEVER sell out a stadium. The revenue generated by selling out the Ralph simply is not enough to hire better players. If you want Ralph to have the money to compete, then I suggest you start a petition to let Ralph know that you will still sell out his stadium if he charges competitive prices for his tickets. Otherwise, STFU.

If you enjoy watching pro football at a fraction of the league's average ticket prices, and if you don't want to pay through the nose for a seat, then you get to watch the team that your money buys. You see Ralph understands that many people in western NY are not going to pay standard prices. So the choices are: a) field a mediocre team with mediocre revenue, or b) raise ticket prices and hope that people still come to the games (not likely to happen). It is a conundrum with no simple solution, except if the fans took the initiative to be willing to pay more money to watch the games. Considering the economic state of the base Buffalo Bills market, that seems more than impractical.

So stop pissing and moaning about it. Either accept the mediocre team that your money can buy, or embrace the idea of the Bills moving to a more lucrative market that can afford to pay competitive prices.

So stop pissing and moaning about it. Either accept the mediocre team that your money can buy, or embrace the idea of the Bills moving to a more lucrative market that can afford to pay competitive prices.

Then move the team to LA, charge the people there tons of money and I can use it to break my ties with this team and start rooting for my second favorite team the Tennessee Titans. That all said I understand the economics of the game, hell besides being a Bills and Sabres fan I'm also an Oakland A's fan if that tells you anything. I'd just rather see a football guy in the front office calling the shots because many then we might be able to unearth better football players and maybe have a better team and maybe make a run at the playoffs.

Guest dog14787
OMG @ the stupidity here. I'm so sick of people making the statement that Ralph Wilson doesn't want to win because he makes money by running a mediocre team. Winning is more lucrative than losing, period. The additional salary you have to shell out for quality players pays for itself when you start making post season runs. To think that a mediocre franchise is more valuable than a winning franchise is absurd beyond description, and to think that Ralph Wilson believes that is even worse. OMFG you have a brain, try using it.

The Bills sell out their stadium because the prices are CHEAP. If they charged the same ticket prices as the Pats or Eagles, they would NEVER sell out a stadium. The revenue generated by selling out the Ralph simply is not enough to hire better players. If you want Ralph to have the money to compete, then I suggest you start a petition to let Ralph know that you will still sell out his stadium if he charges competitive prices for his tickets. Otherwise, STFU.

If you enjoy watching pro football at a fraction of the league's average ticket prices, and if you don't want to pay through the nose for a seat, then you get to watch the team that your money buys. You see Ralph understands that nobody in western NY is going to pay standard prices. So the choices are: a) field a mediocre team with mediocre revenue, or b) raise ticket prices and hope that people still come to the games (not likely to happen). It is a conundrum with no simple solution, except if the fans took the initiative to be willing to pay more money to watch the games. Considering the economic state of the base Buffalo Bills market, that seems more than impractical.

You made it a point to say fielding a winning football team is more lucrative which I tend to agree with yet you go on to say RW has to stay within a budget based on revenues. Season ticket holders are not going to pay more for a mediocre product and you sure can't blame the fans for wanting a winning football team, at least not in my opinion.

You made it a point to say fielding a winning football team is more lucrative which I tend to agree with yet you go on to say RW has to stay within a budget based on revenues. Season ticket holders are not going to pay more for a mediocre product and you sure can't blame the fans for wanting a winning football team, at least not in my opinion.

Exactly, that is the conundrum. People aren't going to pay more for a mediocre product, and you aren't going to have better than a mediocre product without increasing your revenue. So which comes first, the chicken or the egg? If you go ahead and raise the prices now in hopes that next year or the year after you will be able to be competitive, then you risk actually losing revenue because fans won't come to the games. If you leave the prices as they are, you cannot afford to hire more talented players, and thus you sell out games but you fail to raise the talent level of your franchise. So if you want to watch a winning team 2 years from now, you have to make that sacrifice and pay more now so that the franchise can facilitate success later. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do that, I'm simply saying that's the way it is.

Then move the team to LA, charge the people there tons of money and I can use it to break my ties with this team and start rooting for my second favorite team the Tennessee Titans. That all said I understand the economics of the game, hell besides being a Bills and Sabres fan I'm also an Oakland A's fan if that tells you anything. I'd just rather see a football guy in the front office calling the shots because many then we might be able to unearth better football players and maybe have a better team and maybe make a run at the playoffs.

I'm sorry but it isn't like the "better football players" are out there strolling down the aisle at Wal-Mart waiting to be discovered. We know where the talent is - the problem is that the talent wants to be compensated competitively, and the Buffalo Bills organization lacks the revenue to do that BECAUSE they cater to a market base that cannot afford to pay competitive prices. Honestly I couldn't give less of a crap who you root for - if you cannot understand the economic dynamics that govern how a professional sports franchise can operate, then by all means, root for whichever other team floats your boat. But don't sit there and try to blame the alchemist because he cannot turn lead into gold.

Just my opinion.

Jesus I hope not. The guy isn't worth it and I don't want this team strapped down with his big contract. We have had enough loser QB's in the last 13 years.

I pray with our top 3 pick, we can get someone worth a damn for once

OMG @ the stupidity here.

You think ticket money directly affects the player personal? :devil:

Newsflash, the NFL signed a multi-BILLION dollar TV contracts and that money is dispersed evenly to all the owners. That money alone could pay for every player in the whole league each year, on top of merchandise revenue sharing, and sponsers and everything else that the NFL cash cow sucks in. The ticket money is only all about making Ralphs wallet fatter and nothing else. Ralph is irritated because other owners have more pocket change than he does.

Guest dog14787
Exactly, that is the conundrum. People aren't going to pay more for a mediocre product, and you aren't going to have better than a mediocre product without increasing your revenue. So which comes first, the chicken or the egg? If you go ahead and raise the prices now in hopes that next year or the year after you will be able to be competitive, then you risk actually losing revenue because fans won't come to the games. If you leave the prices as they are, you cannot afford to hire more talented players, and thus you sell out games but you fail to raise the talent level of your franchise. So if you want to watch a winning team 2 years from now, you have to make that sacrifice and pay more now so that the franchise can facilitate success later. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do that, I'm simply saying that's the way it is.

To me it means the owner of a smaller market team has to take bigger risks if he wants to succeed. The only alternative is to field a losing football team year after year.

you're being too kind to the Bills FO.

I believe that they are placing this team to appear financially attractive and solid for sale to a prospective buyer come Ralph's eventual demise.

If they do what it takes to field a successful team, this will cost money, and make the team appear to be less profitable than what it is showing now. It will involve risking future dollars to be successful today. This would ruin its appearance to many buyers and only the most serious of candidates would be interested (read: smaller pool).

I mean, c'mon...Ralph WAS THERE when the Bills were going to 4 straight Super Bowls!! He knows what he had to do and what it cost to build a winner. Now, for the past 10 years we can't even sniff the playoffs?

Ralph and Golisano should just make up their minds already. Either do it right and commit 100% to being successful, or sell the damn teams no matter what the outcome.

If you enjoy watching pro football at a fraction of the league's average ticket prices, and if you don't want to pay through the nose for a seat, then you get to watch the team that your money buys. You see Ralph understands that many people in western NY are not going to pay standard prices. So the choices are: a) field a mediocre team with mediocre revenue, or b) raise ticket prices and hope that people still come to the games (not likely to happen). It is a conundrum with no simple solution, except if the fans took the initiative to be willing to pay more money to watch the games. Considering the economic state of the base Buffalo Bills market, that seems more than impractical.

I don't buy this at all. Just because the team will have more money doesn't mean they will spend it on players. Even if they did that doesn't mean the team will reach the SB. (see Washington) This team isn't mediocre just because Ralph won't spend, it's mediocre because of bad personel decisions and lousy coaching. This team has talent, most experts will admit that. The trouble is the talent isn't used correctly or is bunched up in one or 2 positions. Raising the ticket prices won't help this team make better decisions, it will just give them more money to throw at the Royal's, Dockery's, Walker's, and Fowler's of the NFL.