Marcus Freeman from Ohio State is available

Hossage

you know I thought the same thing when I heard he'd been cut by the Bears. I figured he'd be good practice squad material at the least.

But, I then looked up some of the Chicago papers' reaction to him and changed my mind. He wasn't getting to the ball on defense and wasn't aggressive enough for special teams.

His ankle he injured his senior season is still not 100% maybe it never will be- a smaller LB who at one time had 4.5 type speed now has 4.7 type speed- McGahee never got back the speed that made him so feared in college and that's what had most teams having him as a 3-4 round pick, of course not for our Tommy D who was so much smarter than everyone else.

What about Graham Harrell from Texas Tech. I know his numbers are inflated from playing in a spread offense, but it looks like the kid can play. Found a couple highlight vids on youtube that show him making good reads, buying time in the pocket and making deep and touch throws. I know they are highlight clips and only show the positives, but i wouldn't mind having him on our practice squad.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see this happen for us. I think he would be a good LB in our young corps, and he could earn a chance to start at WOLB. He was a stud in college and had a good combine.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/02/23/some-lb-40-times/

Ohio State LB Marcus Freeman continued his strong workout with a 4.67. He also had 30 reps on the bench press.

He had a MUCH better showing than many LB's taken FAR ahead of him.

I think with the right coaching, in the right situation, he would become a starting caliber LB.

God knows we need some.

Who wants to see him here?

Fair enough, gents. I think he played well enough at ohio state to warrant another chance, as joining a team can be overwhelming.

Big Ten gets rocked by SEC every year because they have better athletes...just another example...