This is why the Ravens suck.

tennesseeboy

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/...,1417899.column

I buy the "best player available" argument to some extent. But when you let an all pro tackle go with no replacement Oher would not have been too much of a stretch. Or they could have traded up for one of the three premier tackles. I like this team's attitude about offensive lines. They didn't do bad with the Ngata pick for their defensive line few years ago either... Dick..it isn't all about the defensive backs!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Bills draft a couple of OL men this year? I mean feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :devil: ...building an OL doesn't happen overnight or in ONE draft, I'm quite happy with Maybin and he does play on the DL so I think it would seem the Bills are heading in the direction of building the lines

Didn't the Bills draft a couple of OL men this year? I mean feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :P ...building an OL doesn't happen overnight or in ONE draft, I'm quite happy with Maybin and he does play on the DL so I think it would seem the Bills are heading in the direction of building the lines

Only took 'em a decade.

:devil:

Didn't the Bills draft a couple of OL men this year? I mean feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :devil: ...building an OL doesn't happen overnight or in ONE draft, I'm quite happy with Maybin and he does play on the DL so I think it would seem the Bills are heading in the direction of building the lines

Maybin would be a OLB on any other team. ONLY In Buffalo do they press a 225-240lb kid into duty at DE.

no team in the league can boast depth. there is a shortage of LBs and def line player. as such, maybin needs to go where he is needed.

the team still needs impact players. TD was the worst GM is the history of the team. he treid to get 53 average players -- as opposed to 40 average players and 13 IMPACT PLAYERS. Mike Williams bing a scrub did not help. But really, TDs guys were/ are average to below average at all positions. YOu cant win in the league without a 4-10 impact types on your team. they dont have to be 1st rounders. i think the bill finally changed their approach on this -- as evident by the promsing play of nic harris at LB and Frad Jackson (a free agent pick up) -- who is becoming an impact RB by any standard.

Maybin would be a OLB on any other team. ONLY In Buffalo do they press a 225-240lb kid into duty at DE.

The bills needed a left (and right, actually) offensive tackle. Every offensive line position is not fungible. Wood and Levitre are fine, as far as they go. Ngata is and was a franchise type player, Maybin is a light defensive end/linebacker who will contribute, but not change much.

they drafted two guards when they need tackles...and neither guard has shown that they are 100% ready for the NFL but its not like that matters

the team has now traded their LT and cut their RT from last year and replaced them with what? their starting RG who clearly is better suited for guard then tackle and a 7th round pick from last year who has show what exactly?

this line is going to be a disaster

The bills needed a left (and right, actually) offensive tackle. Every offensive line position is not fungible. Wood and Levitre are fine, as far as they go. Ngata is and was a franchise type player, Maybin is a light defensive end/linebacker who will contribute, but not change much.

That's a rather bold assessment for a player who has yet to play a single down in the NFL.

The issue is they took an C and a prospect that by most accounts was expected to be a OG. They failed to address OT in the draft and in free agency. To me if the Bills front office had even the slightest of concerns about Peters and Walker being on this year's roster it would have made sense to bring in a free agent OT, heck Jonas Jennings is still out there and if healthy think he's better then Kirk Chambers and/or Jonathan Scott and a lot more proven at OT then Brad Butler. Or better yet instead of drafting a CB like Cory Harris in Round 6 take a flier on an OT.

they drafted two guards when they need tackles...and neither guard has shown that they are 100% ready for the NFL but its not like that matters

the team has now traded their LT and cut their RT from last year and replaced them with what? their starting RG who clearly is better suited for guard then tackle and a 7th round pick from last year who has show what exactly?

this line is going to be a disaster

Im so glad you know that for sure after watching how many regular season games?

The issue is they took an C and a prospect that by most accounts was expected to be a OG. They failed to address OT in the draft and in free agency. To me if the Bills front office had even the slightest of concerns about Peters and Walker being on this year's roster it would have made sense to bring in a free agent OT, heck Jonas Jennings is still out there and if healthy think he's better then Kirk Chambers and/or Jonathan Scott and a lot more proven at OT then Brad Butler. Or better yet instead of drafting a CB like Cory Harris in Round 6 take a flier on an OT.

Good point. The Patriots and the Gians both took OT's in the second round who look like they are going to see a LOT of playing time. hmmm...Ravens...Patriots...Giants....what do they have in common? oh....WINNING.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/...,1417899.column

I buy the "best player available" argument to some extent. But when you let an all pro tackle go with no replacement Oher would not have been too much of a stretch. Or they could have traded up for one of the three premier tackles. I like this team's attitude about offensive lines. They didn't do bad with the Ngata pick for their defensive line few years ago either... Dick..it isn't all about the defensive backs!

It is not just the players,one of the first things Harbough did as head coach was to hire the best offensive coordinator he could find. Cam Cameron was the OC for that 14-2 Charger team with Schottenheimer as HC, now he built a great power running game in Baltimore that really helped their rookie QB do well.

The Ravens could very well win the super bowl this year, then I suppose everyone will wake up and notice what a great team and coaches they have.