Ralph held a coaches meeting at his house

Fingon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Chris "Douche" Mort-reports please.......He should be helping his son find a job. And you know everyone on this board really values his opinion..... :wallbash:

That's an interesting idea. What does a soon-to-be 24-year-old who may or may not have a degree from the University of Arkansas do for a job right now? Probably become an assistant high school football coach for $16,000 a year, right?

Did you actually read Mortensen's post before you wrote your little hissy-fit? He didn't offer any opinions; he merely stated a fact - that Ralph summoned his "brain trust" for a powwow at his house.

No Chris "Douche" Mort-reports please.......He should be helping his son find a job. And you know everyone on this board really values his opinion..... :wallbash:

One problem with this report. Saturday is today. Schonert was fired yesterday.

Actually, when I re-read it, it is just [edit] subtle. He's not saying Wilson told Jauron to fire Schonert in a stealth meeting. They met today to answer to Ralph's, "What the fugging hell were you bozos doing in Buffalo yesterday?" [The firing was not the result of the meeting. The meeting was the result of the mess.]

Actually, when I re-read it, it is just ambiguous. He's not saying Wilson told Jauron to fire Schonert in a stealth meeting. They met today to answer to Ralph's, "What the fugging hell are you bozos doing in Buffalo?"

Although I do happen to believe that Jauron wasn't acting alone when he whacked Schonert, I was just about to ask what problem you saw with the timeline in the story.

This reminds me of the supposed conversation Peter King overheard before the 07 season at the owner's meetings in which RW asked DJ and Levy if they'd be able to stop the run. I'm sure they didn't tell him they weren't better, even if they weren't confident.

I think in some ways RW is similar to Al Davis in Oakland. Not so much in the strange personnel moves or conferences held to refute fired coaches' claims. He has surrounded himself with yes men who cannot tell him something they know he doesn't want to hear. I'm referring to DJ and RB, who make up possibly the worst GM and HC tandem in the NFL.

Bingo! As is his right. He no doubt wanted some reassurance that the whole crew hasn't going blinking off their rockers. Good for him. Put them all on the hot seat, Ralph!

Hopefully this turns into some fire and intensity in the players playing with some urgency. They are not dumb, they know what is going on in the FO.

Thanks for the time-line. BTW, tomorrow is Sunday, and Monday is Labor Day. Your point?

FYI, the report clearly stated...

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach Dick Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason that resulted in the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, according to team sources.

Wilson conducted a give-and-take session on the team's direction after the Bills' offense sputtered during a 1-4 preseason, sources said. In addition to Jauron and Brandon, Wilson also met with the Bills' new play-caller, quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt, and Eric Studesville, running back coach and running game coordinator.